First annual cosplay hunt!

Started by Amon_Devilman, April 18, 2008, 02:32:07 AM

Amon_Devilman

I issue you this, the challenge. Try to get a picture of yourself glomping the cosplay mentioned here. Then post images of the poor glomped person here, to confirm you have hunted well.

I've always wanted to do this ^____^

So, without further ado, the target cosplay is:

Characters from Mario and Sonic at the Olympics!

Basically, you're going to want print out a list of the characters like a bingo book, and glomp at least one person dressed as one of those characters, and take a pic of it.

The Prize: Bragging rights. More you get, the more respect you get.

Heheheheheheh... I feel like my old mischivious self again.

kimu

How about a little courtesy asking the unsuspecting victim if you can glomp first?
You could still set up a photo op if they say yes???

I know I won't be the only one to express the following sentiment:
I have some costumes I am coming with that are costing me insane amounts of time and a good bit of money. I am not putting all energy into making something for people to potentially randomly wreck, and I don't think most other people are, either.
If I get glomped without warning, I will NOT be nice about it.

Can you find a way to set up your contest that removes the risk of costume damage or injury?

kuroi

...yeah, seconding the "can we not glomp" or at least "ask first" thoughts. Can you make it just a search instead of a SURPRISE GLOMP! attack? If you need a picture as proof, you'd need to ask the cosplayer if you could take a picture with them anyways. And this can be totally accomplished without the dangerous glomp.

I tend to have pieces that are either delicate, or take me /forever/ to get to look right, and glomping completely destroys that and means I then have to spend time in the nearest bathroom fixing whatever got messed up. And then I miss potentially important things, and am not happy in general. I know a lot of other cosplayers are in the same situation, so if you can just change it to a photo scavenger hunt without the glomp, I know a bunch of people will be grateful. If we get asked first, we're likely to be a lot nicer about being glomped if you have to keep it.
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

~~Loktera~~

A friend and I did something similar to this, to see which convention had the better Rikku's (FFX/FFX-2)

There was no glomping, but we just went and took pictures /with/ the person as proof.

No Glomping. It's cute when there's a mutual agreement... But should you ruin something on someone's cosplay... Even I won't stop to pry them off you.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Amon_Devilman

Okay, ask first. Glomps are secondary to the picture.

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 18, 2008, 09:53:54 PM
Okay, ask first. Glomps are secondary to the picture.

For safety sake... Try not to even make them a possibility.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...