What was your first Anime?

Started by Mister_E, April 19, 2008, 07:44:45 PM

Mister_E

What started it all.

It was Dragon Ball Z at first, but what set it in stone was both Gundam Wing and Outlaw Star.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

BrightHeart76

Sailor Moon and Akira.

Sailor Moon was on USA in the morning when I was getting ready for school.  My high school ceramics teacher forced us all to watch Akira one week instead of doing ceramics.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Mister_E

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on April 19, 2008, 08:00:20 PM
Sailor Moon and Akira.

Sailor Moon was on USA in the morning when I was getting ready for school.  My high school ceramics teacher forced us all to watch Akira one week instead of doing ceramics.
I tryed to get my art teacher to show Akria, but there was a freshman in the class with the rest being Seniors and since it was a graph film the treach had to turn it down, but she said that it would been okay if not for the fact that she could get in trouble.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

salomei

my first anime ever was technically Space Battleship Yamato.  Apparently it was my favorite TV show when I was 2, but I really don't remember anything.  And I really don't know what channel played that anime 17 years ago...

But growing up, I was definitely a Tenchi, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, DBZ, etc follower.  I'll admit it. 
-"The gay sex is just a euphemism for male bonding!"
-"Oh if I had a magic wand...I'd show her a fancy la la."
-"Steam, the world can be saved by steam!"

(i love This is Otakudom, greatest parody EVER)

Amon_Devilman

When I was a little kid, I was addicted to a super robot show called UFO Robo Grendizer. Kinda forgot about anime until Guyver. ^_^

BDILN

I think it was Tenchi Muyo... man did I love it , especially as a lonely kid... Will always hold a place in my heart for it. Pokemon was another, was strictly just a kid thing but will always respect it because my loving father used it as a tool to teach me morals. Cheesy I know, but hey.

Jun-Watarase

Weird, could've sworn there was already a thread on this. Oh well.

My first was probably Doraemon.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Rei-Rei

My first anime... Hm... I think it was between Sailor Moon and Doraemon.

BrightHeart76

I realized today that I was wrong.  Sailor Moon and Akira were not my first animes.

When I was about 5 I watched Charolette's Web, got sad and refused to watch cartoons again.  My mother went to the video store and asked the clerk for a good cartoon for her 5 year old daughter...the fool gaver her The Last Unicorn.  I'm surprised I ever watched another cartoon again.

So my first anime was "The Last Unicorn".
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Nanashi

Bubblegum crisis, Urusei Yatsura, and/or Evangelion when I was like, 7.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Mister_E

Quote from: Nanashi on April 21, 2008, 06:26:40 PM
Bubblegum crisis, Urusei Yatsura, and/or Evangelion when I was like, 7.
That must of been something at 10 all I had was Gundam 08th MS Team with Gouf Customs killing Guntank crew members.

Chun

Dr. Slump and Tonde Burrin.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Mizuki

Speed Racer. ON LASER DISC YEAHHHHHH

Moonblossom

When I was very young I remember a cartoon about a young boy training to become a ninja and living in his grandfather's temple, I believe. Or maybe his uncle's or something. It was dubbed into French, and for all I know it was never released on the English market. However, if anyone has any idea wtf I am talking about, please let me know. I'd love to watch it again for nostaligia. The animation was very simple, the kid had that kind of typical cute round little boy look to him, big shaved melon-head and whatnot. It would have been on about two decades ago, if not longer. I was like, five or six.

After that, I'd have to say Sailormoon when it was released on north american TV.

Kazuko

Speed Racer, Key the metal Idol,Doraemon, Ranma 1/2, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Dragonball :x

Sora

Before or after I knew what the term "anime" meant? If before, my very first one was Sailor Moon. Post, the second one is DBZ.
"Don't give me any orders."

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Kyley

I must admit, Sailor Moon started it all for me.  ^^;

Sailor_N30n

Dragon Ball, then Sailor Moon, which I liked a whole lot better.

error00004

Mine was Ranma 1/2 in Spanish...really really old..then Sailor Moon lol
I had my first Sailor Moon shirt when I was turning 5 yay me!
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ