Special Performance Applications (Due 05/10/08)

Started by angeljibrille, April 21, 2008, 02:54:27 PM

angeljibrille

We are especially looking for someone to perform music during seating. Are you the next Ramen & Rice?

Do you have a cosplay performing troupe? Do you have a Final Fantasy Symphonic Band ensemble? Can you play anime songs on the guitar or keyboard or violin or cello? How about a Martial Arts Dance Demonstration? Taiko Drum STOMP festival? Ballet version of Princess Tutu? Are you an opera soloist?

We try out new people every year, send us a demo and you may get a chance to show your stuff on the Masquerade stage!

A costume is NOT required if you have a cool presentation or idea.

We can give you a chance to showcase your or your group's talents at Masquerade!

A special performance is exhibition-only (i.e., does not qualify for awards consideration).

I need to know by 5/10 if you are interested!

If you are interested, please PM me or e-mail [ [email protected] ] the following:
1. What you want to do
2. How much time you need
3. How many people
4. What equipment you will need
5. Samples would be great (videos, etc.) - DO NOT e-mail me this stuff, put it up on YouTube or a media download site.
6. Your name, e-mail, and phone number

We offer a "rounded" 5-10 minutes, or average 2 normal length songs (plus an encore if merited ^^).

Some caveats: We do not have the ability to "plug you in" so you must be able to bring all your instruments and other gear with you, and they must be audible when played near the microphone. We can't plug you into an amp; there are no electrical sockets, so we can't plug in YOUR amp either (if you bring a battery operated one, we can talk...). We can offer 4 wireless mics (or mics on podiums, or a mix of both). We want instrumental, dance, martial arts, or vocal performances. No standup, sorry :( We cannot provide a piano (but you can bring a keyboard -- if it doesn't need to be plugged in).

THANKS!
Marisa
FanimeCon Masquerade Coordinator