What grinds your gears?

Started by Amon_Devilman, April 21, 2008, 10:36:04 PM

SOawesomeness

OMG What totally freaking uberly grinds my gears:

People who watch [asian] dramas WAY too freaking much, decide that it's so cool to be distraught and just torn apart by dramas so in real life, they are too over-dramatic about crap and make things 100x more worse than they need to be... It's... really... annoying...
My mom does it, this girl at my school does it, my other friend does it... it's so freaking annoying. D:<
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on June 07, 2008, 10:40:03 PM

People who watch [asian] dramas WAY too freaking much, decide that it's so cool to be distraught and just torn apart by dramas so in real life, they are too over-dramatic about crap and make things 100x more worse than they need to be... It's... really... annoying...
My mom does it, this girl at my school does it, my other friend does it... it's so freaking annoying. D:<

I think drama in general is a pain in the glutes. XD

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Yuu

Most of the people I know are insufferably dramatic without Asian drams.

They are numero  uno on the list of  -Top ten thing's that make Yuu's 'urge to kill' rise.

Apparently, I take things far too lightly.
I'm only doing my part as a concerned citizen to regulate the Earth's critical drama levels that will one day destroy us all.( Global warming is just red haring)
You will thank me some day

.. of coarse I also say that about groups of people doing the 'hare hare Yukaii" ..which brings me to another gear-grinding rant.

The hare Hare Yuka;

The first time saw it I was...mildly impressed, yet hated the song with a passion.

2nd time I saw it I was VERY sick of it.

3rd-20th time I repeatedly  stabbed myself in the eyes and ears with a hot poker 

20th- 35th and I had stabbed all of my limbs and was working on each vital organ.

After 1,836, 612,320, 052 times there is no possibly way I could physically harm myself  any further. Thus I simply die a little inside each time.

Kaura117

It's not a very major gear-grinder, but when I see people come out of high school with the spelling capabilities of a middle-school chump, I get somewhat irritated. You've gone through how many English classes? And you still misspell every ten words? Hell, even your bloody web browser comes with a spellcheck built-in these days- and there's Google to fact-check for anything you aren't a hundred percent sure about. Chances are your arguments are probably obtuse, illogical and confounding anyhow- why make comprehension worse with atrociously basic spelling and grammatical errors?

Yuu

Quote from: Kaura117 on June 07, 2008, 11:56:40 PM
It's not a very major gear-grinder, but when I see people come out of high school with the spelling capabilities of a middle-school chump, I get somewhat irritated. You've gone through how many English classes? And you still misspell every ten words? Hell, even your bloody web browser comes with a spellcheck built-in these days- and there's Google to fact-check for anything you aren't a hundred percent sure about. Chances are your arguments are probably obtuse, illogical and confounding anyhow- why make comprehension worse with atrociously basic spelling and grammatical errors?

Hm? Was that directed toward me? People away do bitch at me for it.

The irony is that I can spell just fine,it's my typing that sucks.

XpHoBiaX

Don't worry my typing sucks too...but that is usually induced by medication that sorta leaves me...in...an altered mindset.

Which actually grinds my gears. Alot. I hate having to take medication that messes up my perception of things, and inhibits me from doing  stuff. It's okay when its just before bedtime...but some stuff I have/had to take a couple times a day.
Now, if I could choose to not take them I would.

Another thing that grinds my gears is how slow progress seems to be. @_@  I wish I was 'all better'. Gah~!

A paper cut to the togue when licking an envelope is a bitch and really grinds my gears too, btw.

2010 cosplay...?

Kaura117

Quote from: Yuu on June 08, 2008, 12:16:49 AM

Oy, oy. Lay off the paranoia. It was hardly directed at you.

We're on the internets. I'm directing it at everybody.

questionette

What grinds my gears? When daddy's girls get brand new convertible mercedes as an incentive to get a license.

*stabs her friend in her mind*

SOawesomeness

Quote from: questionette on June 08, 2008, 12:31:58 PM
What grinds my gears? When daddy's girls get brand new convertible mercedes as an incentive to get a license.

... wow...
That's... really... amazing...

>.> Mercedes?! D:<
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

rubymoonIII

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on June 08, 2008, 12:38:33 PM
Quote from: questionette on June 08, 2008, 12:31:58 PM

... wow...
That's... really... amazing...

>.> Mercedes?! D:<

i just died a little more inside DX
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

Kazuko

meh it happens, Cant wait for the new show in MTV called Exiled to come out! where spoiled bitches from my sweet 16 are stranded in a thirdworld country. Daddys money aint gonna save you there and yes it will be exciting

What grinds my Gears right now are the Two cheer related groups are in Americas Best Dance Crew Season two!

Last time I checked...this is americas best DANCE crew not cheer. Im really hoping Sass times 7 and Distorted X are eliminated

rubymoonIII

Quote from: Kazuko on June 08, 2008, 01:29:57 PM
meh it happens, Cant wait for the new show in MTV called Exiled to come out! where spoiled bitches from my sweet 16 are stranded in a thirdworld country. Daddys money aint gonna save you there and yes it will be exciting

What grinds my Gears right now are the Two cheer related groups are in Americas Best Dance Crew Season two!

Last time I checked...this is americas best DANCE crew not cheer. Im really hoping Sass times 7 and Distorted X are eliminated

here here i think that stupid show is fixed
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

JohnnyAR

Quote from: rubymoonIII on June 08, 2008, 01:32:03 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on June 08, 2008, 01:29:57 PM

here here i think that stupid show is fixed

a lot of those damn shows are fixed. Exiled sounds funny, heh heh bitches are stranded lol

Glitch

That reminds me of my friend's mom. She acts like the whole world is a soap opera. The reason for anything happening in life to her is some retarded response about sex. Anybody pissed off at somebody of the opposite gender is automatically in love with that person in secret. Or any couple arguing has always to do with "trouble in the bedroom". And of course a guy who hangs with a girl thats not his gf for even a split second is likely to cheat.
Yes, I feel like strangling this woman sometimes. There's no reasoning or logic with her. She's also extremely racist, but thats a whole other thing.

XpHoBiaX

When I have to perform some sort of extreme yoga just to reach the toilet paper, becuase no one put a new roll in.

2010 cosplay...?

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Kaura117 on June 08, 2008, 12:11:13 PM
Quote from: Yuu on June 08, 2008, 12:16:49 AM

Oy, oy. Lay off the paranoia. It was hardly directed at you.

We're on the internets. I'm directing it at everybody.

Wut du ju meen?  I C gud spelin on te inernet.  Cuz wurds can B letrs n we dun need vowls or nuttin, du we? 

Before anyone attacks me I DO understand that there is an accepted pattern of "internet-ese" people are using when they type like that.  But good Lord it's annoying sometimes.  There's a great book called Doing Our Own Thing: The Degradation of Language and Music and Why We Should, Like, Care  by John McWhorter that people should read...it's frightening. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

rubymoonIII

seems like today there is hardly anyone using proper English when texting, on the phone or anything any more kinda creepy actually
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

Kaura117

Quote from: rubymoonIII on June 08, 2008, 11:29:54 PM
seems like today there is hardly anyone using proper English when texting, on the phone or anything any more kinda creepy actually

I'm not Pyron, so I won't say anything... explicitly.

Ah, irony.

G.I.R

And then there's punctuation.

Yuu

Quote from: Kaura117 on June 09, 2008, 12:22:20 AM
Quote from: rubymoonIII on June 08, 2008, 11:29:54 PM

I'm not Pyron, so I won't say anything... explicitly.

Ah, irony.

The sad thing is that it isn't all THAT bad. Yea, it completely lacks punctuation, but at least they spelled out all their words. One hell of a step up from a lot of crap out there.

Since this topic is still here, I may as well add my idea of 'acceptable'.

For an asinine 4-chan/gameFAQS mentality forum I don't expect to see whole words. In the insignificant scene of things it could not matter any less.

You're average posts where you have a point to get across, a few spelling errors and basic punctuation are fine.  After all, the internet is not serious business.
I do hate when people get on my case for not using bloody MLA standards for anything less than a persuasive essay.
That's a bit much.