What grinds your gears?

Started by Amon_Devilman, April 21, 2008, 10:36:04 PM

DemonLordZabuza

Quote from: Jerry on May 02, 2008, 08:23:59 AM

Now i need to find a reason to save the planet, via the tokyo tower to feel 'normal' again.

question mark

What grinds my gears?
Engineers who cant make readable plans.  Its not hard to make them legible really.  Sloppy sloppy people

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Jerry

WhAtS gRiNdS mY gEaRs? wHeN pEoPlE tYpE lIkE tHiS!

iTs sOoOoOoOoO fReAkInG aNnOyIng!

:P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

LastElixir

Quote from: Jerry on May 05, 2008, 02:44:26 PM

WhAtS gRiNdS mY gEaRs? wHeN pEoPlE tYpE lIkE tHiS!

iTs sOoOoOoOoO fReAkInG aNnOyIng!

:P

wHy aRe U L1kE tAlKiN 2 IdiOtZ wh0 TyP3 LiKe dIs aNyWaAyzZ?!!

seriously, shit ain't 97 anymore.

j

Rei-Rei

What grinds my gears is people who act one way with one group of people and another with a different group.
Some people just try too hard......

Haruka

You know what grinds my gears?

Jerks at Conventions who walk up to you (not cosplaying, of course) and pick apart your costume for accuracy.  It's especially annoying when the only anime they watch is dubs on Adult Swim.  And it's the most annoying when they condescend to you (them wearing their one laminate badge, and you with 10) about the character you've chosen.  IRRITATING!

Seriously, a couple of years ago, my friends and I did a Rainbow Brite (animated in Japan) cosplay group.  I was Stormy, the cool one.  And this random guy comes up to me and is like "Rainbow Brite at an ANIME convention?"  I had to calmly explain to him that sounds should not come out of his mouth when he knows not of what he speaks.
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

Rei-Rei

What also grinds my gears is people who barely know anything about anime and saying that it sucks.
"Anime is so gay, the only thing you see anime is blonde chicks with blue eyes."
Uh.......
Not to mention they're like "Its a cartoon, nothing much different from south park." South Park is not anime.....

Also, people who think they know everything about anime when the only thing they ever watch is a couple of episodes of dubbed Naruto on Adult Swim.

Yuu

You know WHO grinds my gears? CLAMP

...don't even get me started.

Jerry

Quote from: Rei-Rei on May 05, 2008, 08:19:20 PM
What grinds my gears is people who act one way with one group of people and another with a different group.
Some people just try too hard......

Juno: You're so cool and you dont even have to try to hard...

Bleaker: um... actually I TRY REALLY HARD to be cool...

* my life story *  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Barnes

Quote from: G.I.R on May 02, 2008, 01:08:29 AM
People that reply to a "Rate the (insert subject here) the last poster read/saw/played" topic with "Didn't see it", Didn't play it", Didn't watch it", or "Never heard of it"  >:(

If I don't give that option, then nobody will post. But you make a point.
What grinds my gears is that I make a pop culture reference (even from the most mainstream thing in the world) and NOONE gets it. I'm thinking "ugh, there is more to pop culture than just anime, sigh."
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Makou

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Makou on May 06, 2008, 08:24:09 PM
Suzaku lovers.

What grinds my gears? Makou.
DAMN YOU I DON"T UNDERSTAND YOUR WEIRD VIDEOS!

Makou

Quote from: Rei-Rei on May 06, 2008, 08:42:23 PM
Quote from: Makou on May 06, 2008, 08:24:09 PM
Suzaku lovers.

What grinds my gears? Makou.
DAMN YOU I DON"T UNDERSTAND YOUR WEIRD VIDEOS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5bA7IlbHac
Makou: Rei! The boys won't listen to what the guide says!

Makou: Rei! The girls went shopping and still haven't returned!

Rei-Rei: URUSAI! GET IN LINE! Don't mess with the regulations!
Boy-girl-boy-girl! Line up in such an order!

Makou: But, Rei! There's more boys than girls!
Rei: Sou ka? Well, in that case...
Danshi-joshi-danshi-danshi-joshi-danshi-joshida

Makou: Danshi, joshi, danshi, joshi, danshi, danshi, joshi was it?

Rei: NO! LISTEN UP!

Rei-Rei

Yuu

Annoying fanboys who whine about how it's not fair that while you can see naked women/lesbians/tits  everywhere in the world, it isn't fair that they should have to tolerate shonen-ai existiing within a one mile radious of them.
Deal with it..and if you just cant...go ahead and kill yourself.

SOawesomeness

People who don't give anything even slightly related to anime a chance. Like, "Oh, Fanime is about anime? God, you are such a nerd," or "Anime? Oh, Fanime is for losers."
I even tell them that Fanime doesn't have to be anime related at all, it's so much more than anime. They still say it's for losers and refuse to listen to me at all. =.=

Stupid ignorant people. D:<< I am not a nerd or a loser! D:<
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Glitch

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 07, 2008, 04:10:20 PM
People who don't give anything even slightly related to anime a chance. Like, "Oh, Fanime is about anime? God, you are such a nerd," or "Anime? Oh, Fanime is for losers."
I even tell them that Fanime doesn't have to be anime related at all, it's so much more than anime. They still say it's for losers and refuse to listen to me at all. =.=

Stupid ignorant people. D:<< I am not a nerd or a loser! D:<
I assume this probably comes from people who think men chasing a ball and patting each others' butts isn't gay at all.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Glitch on May 07, 2008, 06:16:04 PM
I assume this probably comes from people who think men chasing a ball and patting each others' butts isn't gay at all.
No, this comes from people who study pretty much 24/7 but don't call themselves nerds ( <--- describes 3/4 of my school).
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Barnes

Quote from: Yuu on May 07, 2008, 03:52:07 PM

I'm sorry, but it's quotes like this (I don't care what the reason is) and Light Yagami that grind my gears.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Yuu

Quote from: Barnes on May 07, 2008, 11:16:04 PM
Quote from: Yuu on May 07, 2008, 03:52:07 PM

I'm sorry, but it's quotes like this (I don't care what the reason is) and Light Yagami that grind my gears.

Oh no need to apologize. It isn't as if I give a damn one way or another.

Glitch

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 07, 2008, 06:17:36 PM
Quote from: Glitch on May 07, 2008, 06:16:04 PM
No, this comes from people who study pretty much 24/7 but don't call themselves nerds ( <--- describes 3/4 of my school).
Oh, you mean squares. *does finger thing.* I've seen their kind and given them a piece of my mind.