What grinds your gears?

Started by Amon_Devilman, April 21, 2008, 10:36:04 PM

questionette

I hate it when idiots use the internet to make a public point directed at one person

LAME.

Barnes

Quote from: JohnnyAR on June 20, 2008, 11:10:33 AM
God I hate it when that happens! Especially when I cook corn dogs when in the microwave  >:(
I cook corn dogs in the oven.
And I hate going to an arcade and finding noone to play Marvel with
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Barnes on June 20, 2008, 11:52:36 AM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on June 20, 2008, 11:10:33 AM
God I hate it when that happens! Especially when I cook corn dogs when in the microwave  >:(
I hate going to an arcade and finding noone to play Marvel with

That too has happened to me too many times

rude32

OK you know what really grind my shit. In my town Manteca, we have a little taqueria called La Costa. This place was the shit. When it first opened you could buy a decent sized burrito for 2.50. For that price you were getting a bargain. About a year later, they realize they have something good and bump the price up a dollar. No problem, it's still worth it. Now about two years ago, they decide to start charging tax. Not really a problem, but the fact that the quality drops a little is kinda depressing, but oh well, still the best deal in town. Now heres what pisses me off. This year, not only do they charge a new price of 3.75 plus tax, but the quality has gone to SHIT, and I do mean SHIT. You could get a better burrito at taco bell, and taco bell is white washed. Not only that, but they call the burrito a "Super Burrito." This place is mainly held up by repeat business. In a small town like mine, pretty much everything is. Now how in the hell are you going to call the same burrito you used to sell a super burrito? Theres nothing different about it except the increase in price and the decrease in quality. It got so bad that I decided to fork up the extra two bucks to go to the competition. I didn't want to do it, since going to the other places means paying more, but I can't handle it anymore. They have surpassed you in quality by far, which is why the entire town is jumping ship. The other places give you a bag of warm chips, and unlimited little cups you can fill with salsa and limes and other things you would find at your normal taqueria. The only time I would go to these places is when I wanted something great, and my friends and I had some tequila and we needed limes for it. Kazuko I hear you live in the neighboring town of Tracy, and I don't know if you eat at the La Costa, but some input would be greatly appreciated, since you have two in Tracy.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

JohnnyAR

It really sucks when a good authentic Mexican restaurant goes bad, man those burritos are so good *drools* RIP the good quality burrito  :'(

questionette

I just went to Taqueria La Cumbre in downtown San Mateo.  It was pretty good.  You should try it there :)

Taco Bell makes me want to barf up my small intestines, so I feel for you and your Taqueria loss.

JohnnyAR

Taco Bell is for white people that can't handle spicy food

I always try to avoid eating that crap, whenevr my mom asks me "I'm going to Taco Bell, do you want anything?' I reply with "Ughm yeah a sprite"

Kaura117

Quote from: JohnnyAR on June 21, 2008, 01:37:43 AM

I always try to avoid eating that crap, whenevr my mom asks me "I'm going to Taco Bell, do you want anything?' I reply with "Ughm yeah a sprite"

If it doesn't feel as if you just doused your tongue with the very essence, the very soul of the fire gods, it isn't spicy enough.

Mister_E

When I over laugh, then it takes a while for me to in a way recharge.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Yuu

Ha! I second that! I used to eat at Taco Bell because back in 'the day' it was the only place you could get a meal for $2.

What is REALLY sad, is that even Taco has gone down hill from what it was.

As far as spicy food, my motto is " If I can taste the last bite, it's no good"

So I guess there is a slight gear-grinder; restaurants that claim they're food is SOO spicy you'll catch on fire, and is just doused in pepper. or is just 'spicy' with no flavor.

Kazuko

Quote from: rude32 on June 20, 2008, 11:42:15 PM
OK you know what really grind my shit. In my town Manteca, we have a little taqueria called La Costa. This place was the shit. When it first opened you could buy a decent sized burrito for 2.50. For that price you were getting a bargain. About a year later, they realize they have something good and bump the price up a dollar. No problem, it's still worth it. Now about two years ago, they decide to start charging tax. Not really a problem, but the fact that the quality drops a little is kinda depressing, but oh well, still the best deal in town. Now heres what pisses me off. This year, not only do they charge a new price of 3.75 plus tax, but the quality has gone to SHIT, and I do mean SHIT. You could get a better burrito at taco bell, and taco bell is white washed. Not only that, but they call the burrito a "Super Burrito." This place is mainly held up by repeat business. In a small town like mine, pretty much everything is. Now how in the hell are you going to call the same burrito you used to sell a super burrito? Theres nothing different about it except the increase in price and the decrease in quality. It got so bad that I decided to fork up the extra two bucks to go to the competition. I didn't want to do it, since going to the other places means paying more, but I can't handle it anymore. They have surpassed you in quality by far, which is why the entire town is jumping ship. The other places give you a bag of warm chips, and unlimited little cups you can fill with salsa and limes and other things you would find at your normal taqueria. The only time I would go to these places is when I wanted something great, and my friends and I had some tequila and we needed limes for it. Kazuko I hear you live in the neighboring town of Tracy, and I don't know if you eat at the La Costa, but some input would be greatly appreciated, since you have two in Tracy.
Man the one in tracy is pretty cool by tracy high, but the other one I think by the 99cents store its like hit and miss

:< I used to eat at cariolina and MY GOD DID I WANT TO HURL

Stockton has better stuff. hahaa I ate at the one in manteca and really it was gross

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Kaura117 on June 21, 2008, 01:40:11 AM
If it doesn't feel as if you just doused your tongue with the very essence, the very soul of the fire gods, it isn't spicy enough.

Lmao, that sounds so epic XD

Quote from: Yuu on June 21, 2008, 11:58:10 AM

I always try to avoid eating that crap, whenevr my mom asks me "I'm going to Taco Bell, do you want anything?' I reply with "Ugh, yeah a sprite"

Ha! I second that! I used to eat at Taco Bell because back in 'the day' it was the only place you could get a meal for $2.

What is REALLY sad, is that even Taco has gone down hill from what it was.

As far as spicy food, my motto is " If I can taste the last bite, it's no good"

So I guess there is a slight gear-grinder; restaurants that claim they're food is SOO spicy you'll catch on fire, and is just doused in pepper. or is just 'spicy' with no flavor.

I was joking with my mom the other that they put the beans on the burrito through a squirt gun of some sort and she said that they actually make them like that.

Barnes

Take the 911 Challenge, and then get back to me.  :P
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Lactose

Quote from: Kazuko on June 21, 2008, 12:05:06 PM
Quote from: rude32 on June 20, 2008, 11:42:15 PM
Man the one in tracy is pretty cool by tracy high, but the other one I think by the 99cents store its like hit and miss

:< I used to eat at cariolina and MY GOD DID I WANT TO HURL

Stockton has better stuff. hahaa I ate at the one in manteca and really it was gross

omg taqueria carolina is sooooo good.
i was told by a health inspector not to eat there, but god. its soooo gooooood.

la costa grosses me out. im not big on flies and hotdog stand style mexican food. but thats probably just me.
Lactose = Liz

rubymoonIII

my town we have taquerias up the wazoo, all the good ones are on the east side tho :D
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

Yuu

I live in Seattle so of coarse there aren't as many authentic Mexican places around here.

The few that do exist though, damn are they good, and cheap! I especially love how the authentic ones sell Mexican Coke. I like it much better than regular coke, it's not as sweet.

Anyway, something that grinds my gears; people who complain EXTENSIVLEY about finals./school in general.
Yes, they can be stressful (  even then I think most make it a much bigger deal than it is) and some complaining is perfectly acceptable.

Then there are some, who just bitch and bitch, rather vehemently  as if they think  'how DARE I have to put forth to pass a class"

For the longest time I REALLY wanted to goto school and was pretty envious of those who already were. Now that I am in school I'm just as annoyed by people bitch like that.
It's a PRIVLAGE if your such a lay little fuck that you would rather just mooch off of your parents for the rest of your life then get out of collage so the money can go towards someone who WANTS to be there.

JohnnyAR

I don't know if I really want to go to collage, its not that I don't like it, its just that I don't know what I want to do with my life after High School.

Mister_E

Quote from: JohnnyAR on June 22, 2008, 03:12:08 PM
I don't know if I really want to go to collage, its not that I don't like it, its just that I don't know what I want to do with my life after High School.
Alot of people don't, and people go to college in order to find that out, it's normal what you are feeling.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

SOawesomeness

Waiting to get paid. xD
I worked like, 14 or whatever hours... and I have to wait until the end of this month for my monies.

I r teh greedy and impatient. Can't wait. :P
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

XpHoBiaX

Try finding and AUTHENTIC Italian resturaunt up where I live. @_@
Infact...try finding ANYTHING good out here.

Not being able to move afterall is REALLY REALLY grinding my fcuking gears.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??