FOOD

Started by astroboy, April 25, 2008, 12:03:07 AM

Moonblossom

Quote from: Barnes on April 26, 2008, 02:09:04 PM
I like Peggy Sue's (Park avenue), Johnny Rocket's (First St.) and Amicci's East Coast Pizza (Santa Clara St.).
I wonder if Pizza Chicago (San Fernando St.) is any good?
And I wanna write a list of stuff that you can cook with your hotel room's coffee maker.
http://www.wikihow.com/Cook-Food-in-a-Hotel-Room

Although..

"Sauces and fondues can be made by running other liquids (cream, butter, etc.) through the coffee maker. "

I hate to be the next poor fuck who uses that machine for actual coffee.

Barnes

Thanks for the link. Nice to know that I could make something other than cup noodles and instant oatmeal. XD
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Mew

Quote from: Moonblossom on April 26, 2008, 06:34:29 AM
Where are the other places? They really need to be within easy walking of the hotel, since I don't know the area at all.
Togo's and Quicklys are both in the Colonnade between the light rail station (Paseo de San Antonio) and SJSU. So like, you go all the way down the street from the convention center (the direction towards Original Joe's) and then make a left at the end. Walk straight for a bit and you'll hit the Swenson Gate of SJSU. Cross the street and that's the Colonnade.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Moonblossom

Quote from: GokuMew2 on April 26, 2008, 03:37:38 PM
Quote from: Moonblossom on April 26, 2008, 06:34:29 AM
Where are the other places? They really need to be within easy walking of the hotel, since I don't know the area at all.
Togo's and Quicklys are both in the Colonnade between the light rail station (Paseo de San Antonio) and SJSU. So like, you go all the way down the street from the convention center (the direction towards Original Joe's) and then make a left at the end. Walk straight for a bit and you'll hit the Swenson Gate of SJSU. Cross the street and that's the Colonnade.

Sweet, thanks. :)

Oniko

there was some little asain place right next to Johnny Rockets, I forget the name.  great food for good prices if you just want like a lunch without having to pay 8 bucks
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Pika1979

Quote from: Moonblossom on April 26, 2008, 02:54:30 PM
Quote from: Barnes on April 26, 2008, 02:09:04 PM
I like Peggy Sue's (Park avenue), Johnny Rocket's (First St.) and Amicci's East Coast Pizza (Santa Clara St.).
I wonder if Pizza Chicago (San Fernando St.) is any good?
And I wanna write a list of stuff that you can cook with your hotel room's coffee maker.
http://www.wikihow.com/Cook-Food-in-a-Hotel-Room

Although..

"Sauces and fondues can be made by running other liquids (cream, butter, etc.) through the coffee maker. "

Here is a video on how to make oatmeal in your coffee pot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FZ2VXskdMU this was on the food network. this is a web site for DIY Room Service http://www.chow.com/stories/10461

astroboy

Quote from: Moonblossom on April 26, 2008, 02:54:30 PM
Although..

I agree that seems just wrong.
I'm not opposed to using something outside of it's intended purpose *within safety limits* but doing anything that damages equipment or renders it unusable for the next person is a not nice.
Creams and butter would leave behind a nasty residue. The only liquid that should run through a coffee maker is water.

putting that aside:
I think someone should do a quick 5 min Fanime Food network show....cosplay style and youtube it.  ;D

fr33lanc3r

iguanas burritozilla D: /w my friend cosplaying jesus for fanime07 they gave us some smokey hotsauce and it burned comming out.

havok rt

Quote from: otakuapprentice on April 25, 2008, 09:49:50 PM
Quote from: Steve.Young on April 25, 2008, 12:01:25 PM
Cluck-U (University Chicken, OH EM GEE)
i went there to do the 911 a while back...man, that was torture.
I finished 5 of the wings before I quit since the back of my head when numb.
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

astroboy

*stares at burrito* woah

here's a Vietnamese style sandwich

This particular one is a skinny baguette type. Some places use a thicker French bread.
The meat cuts are quite often NOT the same type you'd find in an American sandwich shop.
These go for less than $3 so if you're looking for a light meal and are feeling adventurous you can't go wrong with this.

BTW they often put hot peppers in there by default so be warned.

Akito Starwind

OMG I love those Vietnamese style sandwich's. A thing to try If you never have had one before. great breakfast food too.  I would allways have to buy two because I would sell the other one to my teacher before class, he loved them.
Dealers Room Staff 2004
Dealers Room Staff 2005
Dealers Room Staff 2006
Dealers Room Staff 2007
Dealers Room Staff 2008

Moonblossom

Good lord, that burrito is the size of my leg!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: fr33lanc3r on April 27, 2008, 01:53:40 AM

iguanas burritozilla D: /w my friend cosplaying jesus for fanime07 they gave us some smokey hotsauce and it burned comming out.

Om my god...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Knightfire

god damn that burrito looks good.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

BrightHeart76

Quote from: fr33lanc3r on April 27, 2008, 01:53:40 AM

I could start eating that thing when I arrive on Thursday and still have some left for the drive back home on Tuesday!  Good God! That's a monster!!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

IamTetsuo

Their Super Burrito is freakin huge too (nowhere near as big as the burritozilla though).

TC X0 Lt 0X

That there is pure Beanie,cheesy Goodness.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

BTW, How much does the Burritozilla cost?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

fr33lanc3r

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 27, 2008, 03:18:12 PM
BTW, How much does the Burritozilla cost?

it was a little more then 18 bucks

neko ewen

For figuring out where places are located, Yelp.com is your friend.

Quote from: Moonblossom on April 25, 2008, 08:15:13 AM
I've been wondering if there's any good place to find katsudon within walking distance of the con? I've been dying for katsudon for ages now, and can't find anywhere that serves it where I live.
IIRC Hydration does.

There's also Smile Sushi, which is a decent and affordable Japanese sit-down restaurant.

For Indian food, there's a place called Tandoori Oven near the theater. The portions are big -- a full dinner can probably feet two -- and the chicken wrap is awesome. OTOH, Indian food is never easy on the digestive system...

Actually, in that general vicinity there's the Pita Pit (good pitas), Lollicup (average Hawaiian BBQ), a sit-down Thai restaurant, a Chinese fast-food place, Johnny Rocket's... I'm probably forgetting some, but there's a lot.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."