FOOD

Started by astroboy, April 25, 2008, 12:03:07 AM

Moonblossom

Hydration doesn't, unfortunately.

Well, they didn't last year, anyways. I was also less than impressed with their chicken teriyaki, it had a really weird overly sugary taste, and was all slimy slivers of dark meat and gristle :( Their drinks are amazing, but their food left me cold.

I found Smile Sushi on yelp, I just wasn't sure if they had food other than sushi, thanks for the tip!

YoureMyHiro

I generally eat cheap at Jack's or PMH, its just the crazy crack heads and thugs on a Friday and Saturday night looking to holler at any and all females in the vicinity that bother me.

Kandybar

There's a Quizno's over by the Pita Pit, and a TCBY too, IIRC.

OniCourseMusha

I personally won't recommend Pizza My Heart since I remember how freakin hard the crust is and unsatisfied wit the taste.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Gwydion

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on April 29, 2008, 07:45:57 PM
I personally won't recommend Pizza My Heart since I remember how freakin hard the crust is and unsatisfied wit the taste.

If you don't like thin crunchy crust, no. On the other hand, I do. ^^ Also they're the only place that I've ever seen a pesto pizza from. And it was GOOD.  The only thing I'd say against PMH is sometimes they're a little oily, depending on the toppings you're choosing.

Jyunishinsho

I had planned for a whole listing of all the restaurants and eateries throughout the downtown area as well as those in Japantown accessed via lightrail. Looks like someone beat me to it.
If you don't mind, would you mind if I were to start a thread with all the details about all the places, or would you think I'm just a copycat?

flipstik

Food shouldn't be a problem for me since i already starve myself everyday so that i have money for other things.  ;D

Dragon Ninja

I searched GoogleMaps and found a Subway located at 165 W San Fernando St. I can get back and forth from my hotel to there with no problems.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Dragon Ninja on April 30, 2008, 07:05:06 PM
I searched GoogleMaps and found a Subway located at 165 W San Fernando St. I can get back and forth from my hotel to there with no problems.

and I hope they still have the $5 footlong promo by the time con rolls around. Those things are soooo good lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Shinsengumi

Quote from: Gwydion on April 29, 2008, 11:09:54 PM
Quote from: OniCourseMusha on April 29, 2008, 07:45:57 PM

If you don't like thin crunchy crust, no. On the other hand, I do. ^^ Also they're the only place that I've ever seen a pesto pizza from. And it was GOOD.  The only thing I'd say against PMH is sometimes they're a little oily, depending on the toppings you're choosing.

They were oily the last time I went with my sister and my girlfriend.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

astroboy

here's a pdf map of the downtown area with a bunch of restaurants listed.
If you guys remember the FanimeCon 2007 program guide, the map should look familiar.

downtown

Barnes

Thanks for the link, but I still don't have the 2007 guide   :-[
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Moonblossom

Here's a similar map, it's a little less crowded since there's only food in it :)

http://www.sanjose.org/visitors/maps/maps/dining_map07_08.pdf

And a list of restaurants in the area, by distance - http://www.sanjose.org/visitors/eat/distance.php

zoupzuop2

Quote from: Moonblossom on May 01, 2008, 07:36:49 PM
Here's a similar map, it's a little less crowded since there's only food in it :)

And a list of restaurants in the area, by distance - http://www.sanjose.org/visitors/eat/distance.php
D'argh, PDF's are the devil. However, it is good to know not only WHERE food is relative to Fanime, but just how MUCH and WHAT kinds of food are closeby vs. far away.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Moonblossom

You can also sort that list by type or alphabetically, if you're looking for something specific. There's links in the top left corner :)

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: Moonblossom on May 01, 2008, 07:36:49 PM

thanks so much for that link. I now know where the Indian food place my hubby was talking about last time he was at his conference in that area. ^_^

BrightHeart76

I'm looking for a place within walking distance of the convention center where I can get some cookies or cupcakes on Sunday morning.  Any ideas?
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Mango Bunny

That burritozilla scares me.
Does anyone know if the Marriott has fridges in their rooms? I can't remember for the life of me. I'm assuming not.
That would crush my master plan of getting some giant portion of something and eating only that the entire weekend. Cooler as a backup plan I guess.

What are the cheapest eats in the area? Proportionally. I don't mean like a 1 dollar burger that fits in the palm of my hand. And I mean above fast food. Jack kills me.

Is there a ramen shop anywhere nearby?

Pika1979

Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 10, 2008, 03:47:36 PM
That burritozilla scares me.
Does anyone know if the Marriott has fridges in their rooms? I can't remember for the life of me. I'm assuming not.
That would crush my master plan of getting some giant portion of something and eating only that the entire weekend. Cooler as a backup plan I guess.

What are the cheapest eats in the area? Proportionally. I don't mean like a 1 dollar burger that fits in the palm of my hand. And I mean above fast food. Jack kills me.

Is there a ramen shop anywhere nearby?
yes marriott has fridges in there room. if there is not one when you get the room just request one asap they tend to go fast.

neko ewen

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 10, 2008, 02:27:45 PM
I'm looking for a place within walking distance of the convention center where I can get some cookies or cupcakes on Sunday morning.  Any ideas?
Zanotto's supermarket is the best I can think of off the top of my head. It's at 2nd and Santa Clara IIRC.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."