Any musicians interested?

Started by NERDglasses, April 28, 2008, 06:14:55 PM

NERDglasses

So, I will be bringing my ukulele to the con this year. (Since I just started playing haha) and I was wondering if anyone else was going to be walking around or sitting somewhere at the con playing an instrument. It'd be cool to jam with people and such. :)

The only anime songs I can play (or plan on learning) are:
BECK - Moon on the Water
Mika Nakashima (NANA) - Glamorous Sky
and I'm learning FFX - To Zanarkand

(I can actually pretty much play any song that has chords available though haha)

I'm willing to learn other songs though! :D
"You can fall in love many times, so don't waste time over a broken heart. Life happens once." -Dia Frampton :)

hazelasher

My friend Alex and I will be bringing our guitars if you want to jam! ^_^ He'll be in a "I Wanna Be the Guy" hoodie and I'll be dressed in kodona. :) I have a green Gretsch that I'll be bringing with me.

Looking forward to making music!

- Mo

zoupzuop2

Tempting. However, the idea of losing my keytar is too much to let me do this.

Very sorry. I'd be into it were it not for that idea.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

SweetNiar

I have a guitar, but im such a newb at playing it that i wouldnt be able to jam ^_^

Wish I had a cooler instrument to join you....but the only one i have and know how to play well is the clarinet.  Going to get a tenor or alto sax soon though :D

NERDglasses

Oh awesome people responded haha

Any skill level is welcome! I play guitar too, and can play way more songs on it, but I'm not bringing my guitar because it's just huge haha

Having a range of skill levels is good so we can all learn from one another while jamming and such, yea?

:D
"You can fall in love many times, so don't waste time over a broken heart. Life happens once." -Dia Frampton :)

TripleM

I'm thinking of bringing my guitar, but I should have some drumsticks on me at all times (Urban percussion ftw!), so if I see y'all in the hall, I'll be sure to jam with you!

NERDglasses

Quote from: TripleM on May 04, 2008, 04:24:37 PM
I'm thinking of bringing my guitar, but I should have some drumsticks on me at all times (Urban percussion ftw!), so if I see y'all in the hall, I'll be sure to jam with you!

That's awesome, it'll be like "STOMP" if you're familiar with that haha

I'm currently trying to learn Glamorous Sky, the tabbed version not the chords haha

any other songs I should try and learn?

cateyedprincess

Quote from: NERDglasses on April 28, 2008, 06:14:55 PM
So, I will be bringing my ukulele to the con this year. (Since I just started playing haha) and I was wondering if anyone else was going to be walking around or sitting somewhere at the con playing an instrument. It'd be cool to jam with people and such. :)

The only anime songs I can play (or plan on learning) are:
BECK - Moon on the Water
Mika Nakashima (NANA) - Glamorous Sky
and I'm learning FFX - To Zanarkand

(I can actually pretty much play any song that has chords available though haha)

I'm willing to learn other songs though! :D

I am contemplating bringing my guitar.
I'm going to be cosplaying Nana, and I think it'd be pretty neat to hear you play Glamorous Sky.
(I'd sing it, but I'm still learning the words)
Fanime 2011 Costume List:

Masked Fighter/Genkai (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Temari (Naruto)
Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)
Nana Osaki (NANA)
(possible)
Rhyme Bito (TWEWY)
Reira Serizawa (NANA)

TripleM

Quote from: NERDglasses on May 06, 2008, 07:45:19 PM
That's awesome, it'll be like "STOMP" if you're familiar with that haha

I'm currently trying to learn Glamorous Sky, the tabbed version not the chords haha

any other songs I should try and learn?
lol STOMP...

Hmm... Maybe Haruka Kanata (Naruto)? I know the bass part and I'm learning the chords. Definitely Hybrid Rainbows! Maybe even Ride on Shooting Star? (<-- Pillows/FLCL fan XD) If you're adventurous, Linda Linda by the Blue Hearts! Actually, Shima Uta would sound really cool on a ukulele...

Sorry if I seem out of hand... I'm pretty bad at the guitar, so don't expect much... lol

I'll bring lyrics/chords for people that wanna stop by and sing/jam with us if that's cool...

NERDglasses

Ooh Nana cosplayer! :) I would cosplay her too, but I'm not about to cut my hair or where a wig haha

I know the lyrics.. for the most part and I can teach you the song on the guitar with chords. simlified version though haha

I think I can play Haruka Kanata and Hybrid Rainbows on the uke. and some other The Pillow songs with chords haha

I'll see what I can do. :)
I'm gonna bring my laptop and I believe there's going to be free WiFi there and I can look up chords and lyrics and stuff if needed.

hazelasher

So it looks like I'll be bringing my 12-string acoustic. Will still be dressed as a kodona. ;)

cateyedprincess

Quote from: NERDglasses on May 08, 2008, 02:05:09 PM
Ooh Nana cosplayer! :) I would cosplay her too, but I'm not about to cut my hair or where a wig haha

I know the lyrics.. for the most part and I can teach you the song on the guitar with chords. simlified version though haha

I think I can play Haruka Kanata and Hybrid Rainbows on the uke. and some other The Pillow songs with chords haha

I'll see what I can do. :)
I'm gonna bring my laptop and I believe there's going to be free WiFi there and I can look up chords and lyrics and stuff if needed.

And after all of my planning, and getting my costume together, I just found out that Hachi and I probably can't go.
D=

Temari (Naruto)
Nana Osaki (NANA)
(possible)
Rhyme Bito (TWEWY)
Reira Serizawa (NANA)

NERDglasses

Wah?!, really? that's boo.. I'm sorry. :(

You're gonna miss out on all of the An Cafe goodness haha assuming you like them. xP

cateyedprincess

Quote from: NERDglasses on May 09, 2008, 08:36:21 AM
Wah?!, really? that's boo.. I'm sorry. :(

You're gonna miss out on all of the An Cafe goodness haha assuming you like them. xP

I DO, and it REALLY breaks my heart!
I was ALL ready for that!
D=
I'm still trying to find a way to go!
=P

Temari (Naruto)
Nana Osaki (NANA)
(possible)
Rhyme Bito (TWEWY)
Reira Serizawa (NANA)

hahaid0ntno

me and my friends!!~~ gonna have electric 2 gutairs one bass and one lead(yea we have an adapter that give us electricity without so we wont be using and cords at fanime). we MIGHT have a keyboardist(our keyboard uses batteries:D). and we are PLANNING to bring a drum set... if we can figure out how to transport it around the convention center. we been working on the song kakusei heroism, and we're planning to play that at the con  :)

Leishu

Rawr. I'd bring my Shakuhachi but... well it's somewhat a limited instrument. :p
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

obliviousedward

Well, I was planning on bringing some sheet music from various anime/video games and playing one of the pianos while I was there.  (There are quite a few people who do that.)  I know there's a piano in the lobby of the Hilton, but I thought I heard there was one somewhere at the Marriott (where I'm staying).

Anyway, I'll probably be around if I can snag the piano.  (Last year, whenever I walked by, someone was always on it.)  I'm going as Robin Sena, from Witch Hunter Robin, if you want to find me. ;D
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

hahaid0ntno

Quote from: obliviousedward on May 11, 2008, 11:53:15 PM
Well, I was planning on bringing some sheet music from various anime/video games and playing one of the pianos while I was there.  (There are quite a few people who do that.)  I know there's a piano in the lobby of the Hilton, but I thought I heard there was one somewhere at the Marriott (where I'm staying).

Anyway, I'll probably be around if I can snag the piano.  (Last year, whenever I walked by, someone was always on it.)  I'm going as Robin Sena, from Witch Hunter Robin, if you want to find me. ;D

hmm.. i would try to find a hotel with a piano though... i dont think they will allow all of our intruments playing in the lobby. no one will hear each other, thats why we plan to play outside or if we can get a place we'll play there :D

obliviousedward

Well, that's true. XD  Still, I just thought I'd state my plans... ;D
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

hazelasher

Quote from: hahaid0ntno on May 10, 2008, 10:51:35 AM
me and my friends!!~~ gonna have electric 2 gutairs one bass and one lead(yea we have an adapter that give us electricity without so we wont be using and cords at fanime). we MIGHT have a keyboardist(our keyboard uses batteries:D). and we are PLANNING to bring a drum set... if we can figure out how to transport it around the convention center. we been working on the song kakusei heroism, and we're planning to play that at the con  :)
I don't know if the con staff will let you set up a drumset in the hallway...you might want to ask also if they'll allow amps as well.