what are some characters that are *rarely* cosplayed?

Started by shy-cosplayer, April 28, 2008, 06:41:31 PM

shy-cosplayer

from some well-known anime? and the replies start.....now!

;D

PyronIkari

... There's hella characters that have never been cosplayed, from dozens of series you have never heard of.

So this thread is pointless.

Amon_Devilman

Go Nagai's avatar who always pops up.

Suke Banji.

Jim from Outlaw Star.

Any Eva character that is male.

Amon_Devilman

Oh, and Astro Boy is criminally under-cosplayed for all the influence he's made.

Sunara Ishi

If you want a rare character, you can always hit up the older series. A lot of them aren't cosplayed quite as much anymore. (besides sailor moon and similar)
You can also hit up games. There's a lot of games that are not really cosplayed even though the game is known.

What did you have in mind?
Are you looking for recent series? Or does it matter?
Maybe we can help you find something. >.<

Start with stuff you like though. I think its not as fun to cosplay characters you don't know too well or love. (though I think its fine if you even remotely like them as long as the passion is there)
What would you like the cosplay?
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

RyuHayabusa

and why is this thread here? Shouldn't be in the cosplay forum?
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Jerry

maybe he's randomly asking about cosplays of obscure characters that are like... seen once, and no one knew what series they were from.

i dunno. but maybe the question is stated wrong...

then again i ask questions like this all the time.

the usual debate lies with characters that are like NPC like named once...

or some ppl hate the idea of using video game characters/sci fi/comic in an "anime convention"

to my comment - " To each is own "

now as this thread were-

I think not enough people cosplay as... _insert name here_

there.  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

G.I.R

Or "What characters do you not see Cos-Played often?".

Devereaux

I 'ctrl' through Visual Novels to collect CG's so I can trick people into thinking I actually played the game.

Mizuki

MikoChika

I see no one has actually answered your question or bothered to try dispite the fact this topic is possibly int he wrong section. But i'll go ahead and throw out a couple names of characters i'd liek to see cosplayed more then i have. ^_^

Ryoh-ohki- The cutest cabbit ever! fromt he Tenchi muyo series.
Chrono - from Chrono Crusade. haven't seen anyone dress up as him.
And how about any one of the protagonists or antagonists from the Fatal Frame games? I'd love to run itno a Kirie or a Sae at a convention , hell, evena  Miku or Mafuyu would be nice. ^^
Please, don't feed the moogle.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: MikoChika on May 09, 2008, 12:06:31 AM
I see no one has actually answered your question or bothered to try dispite the fact this topic is possibly int he wrong section. But i'll go ahead and throw out a couple names of characters i'd liek to see cosplayed more then i have. ^_^

Ryoh-ohki- The cutest cabbit ever! fromt he Tenchi muyo series.
Chrono - from Chrono Crusade. haven't seen anyone dress up as him.
And how about any one of the protagonists or antagonists from the Fatal Frame games? I'd love to run itno a Kirie or a Sae at a convention , hell, evena  Miku or Mafuyu would be nice. ^^

I've seen cosplays of all those characters. Chrono is also a popular character. Fatal Frame is also a popular videogame. As for Ryo-ohki, it's done less because of construction, but still done nonetheless.

People did give some answers, though. If they didn't, they realize that logically, there are more existing characters in every single anime in existence that has ever been cosplayed.

As for the MOST cosplayed, I'm going to throw Genshiken in there. Tons of people at cons cosplay Genshiken. =P

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Tsubasa

I'd love to see a Sasuke from Naruto.  I don't think I've ever seen one of those.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Kandybar

Oh God, I snerked and it hurt.  Unfair, Tsubasa.

G.I.R

Quote from: Tsubasa on May 09, 2008, 06:49:10 AM
I'd love to see a Sasuke from Naruto.  I don't think I've ever seen one of those.
What?  You never saw this one?  :D

Shinsengumi

Quote from: G.I.R on May 10, 2008, 01:22:55 AM

I've seen tons of sasukes at almost every con I go, that's the only sasuke that I haven't seen lol but I heard storys about it :D
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Shinsengumi on May 11, 2008, 12:47:38 AM
Quote from: G.I.R on May 10, 2008, 01:22:55 AM

I've seen tons of sasukes at almost every con I go, that's the only sasuke that I haven't seen lol but I heard storys about it :D

gg

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

zoupzuop2

For those that thought he wasn't kidding, I've uncovered a secret HTML tag in his post:
</sarcasm>
Just FYI. :3(It's not really in there... I just thought I'd theorize, at least)
Mayhaps this thread best describes characters that ARE cosplayed, but very seldom. Like, something that would be rare to find, but not quite impossible. For instance, Ranma characters tend to be somewhat rare, but not all that much so, compared to, say, a character from Porco Rosso may be. Might be one or two around somewhere, but it's a good bit rare.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Tsubasa

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on May 13, 2008, 07:28:51 PM
For those that thought he wasn't kidding, I've uncovered a secret HTML tag in his post:
</sarcasm>

Where's the open sarcasm tag?  That, sir, would be improper HTML and I know better than that.

Every other person @Fanime should be dressed as Sasuke.  That'd totally make my con.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Spiritsnare

Quote from: Tsubasa on May 13, 2008, 08:09:35 PMWhere's the open sarcasm tag?  That, sir, would be improper HTML and I know better than that.

Every other person @Fanime should be dressed as Sasuke.  That'd totally make my con.

And on top of that, why use the sarcasm tag when you can define the "sarcasm" class in CSS?

Also, LET'S DO THIS
epic progressive

vox