Local bands for... hypotheical hire?

Started by SOawesomeness, April 28, 2008, 09:37:11 PM

SOawesomeness

:0 Oh em gee! A wanted-ish thread!
Does anyone know any rock-ish bands that are pretty okay live in the Bay Area near San Jose/Saratoga area that take bookings? I'm thinking of planning a benefit concert in my area and I am looking for a larger scope of local-ish bands. They gotta be clean, it's going to be an all-age sort of thing, mostly targeted towards high-schoolers. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

JohnnyAR

Oh! Actually my friends are in a band, I was their temporary band manager, now I'm just the party guy (throws a party for the band after the do a show) I'll ask them about it okies?

SOawesomeness

Ellie S.
Head of Registration

JohnnyAR

Sorry but they won't be performing, I just talked to them and they said they aren't ready at the moment because they need to fix some songs and practice a bit more.

~Johnny R. the party guy

SOawesomeness

It'd be in September/November, at this point I'm just trying to get some names and potential bookings/estimates. (:

But thanks. ^^
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Shi_Musouka

Ooh, one of my friends is getting his new band rolling right now. I'll be sure to tell him about this, if he's up and ready after the summer.

SOawesomeness

(: Thanks, hopefully I can get two or three more bands that haven't played so much in the area so it won't be so predictable and boring.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

zoupzuop2

My band Just Add Fire will, at the VERY least, be practicing up a storm in the Summer. We've got enough to open a show, with roughly 8 or so songs, originals as well as covers.

Plus Keytar~
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

SOawesomeness

Okay, well, your myspace is kinda screwing with mine so I can't add you guys as friends, whatever.
Um, well I guess just PM me here once you get it going and you guys have a few songs up.
So far I have 4 bands for potential bookings, except 3 of them played in my area before. New bands would be excellent. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

zoupzuop2

Ah, fair enough. That's actually the next thing we plan to do, once we've got our last few down pat. We should have those up in the summer, again, at least. Real Life is hitting our drummer and myself particularly hard, but we're keeping on.

Some of our covers, for the record, include:

* You Really Got Me by Van Halen
* No One Lives Forever by Oingo Boingo
* Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones
* Sunday Morning by Maroon 5
* Amber by 311
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.