Weapons Policy...IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!

Started by heeroyuy135, April 30, 2008, 12:18:39 AM

Fructose

Isn't "Anything that looks like or resembles a danger..." a little redundant?

shy-cosplayer

G-Force

I'm curious, what's the difference between a prop gun that looks real and a airsoft gun? My group is doing Persona 3 and we got silver airsoft guns with bright orange tips way before the policy was announced.

Nanashi

Quote from: G-Force on April 30, 2008, 10:15:47 PM
I'm curious, what's the difference between a prop gun that looks real and a airsoft gun? My group is doing Persona 3 and we got silver airsoft guns with bright orange tips way before the policy was announced.

None really, as far as the rovers are concerned. Both will be peace bonded to you.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

luckyends

one of the things i have been curiouse about is props would those ever get peace tied to you?
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

Dantom

O.O Sorry I f I sound Like A noob... but Me and my cosplay buddies going as RE ppl so..what`s this peace bonding what type of weapons do they do this to..

G-Force

Quote from: Nanashi on May 01, 2008, 01:33:01 PM
Quote from: G-Force on April 30, 2008, 10:15:47 PM

None really, as far as the rovers are concerned. Both will be peace bonded to you.

So wait, does that mean its ok for our group to bring our props to the con then? Sorry if I sound like a noob but this is one fact I want to be sure on.

yumicchi88

I made a sword made out of plastic board (pretty sure it is plastic) but would that be ok?
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Ree

I have herd of piece bonding will i need to get any kuni i might have piece bonded?

G-Force

When's the deadline for signing up. I wish to also submit my standup routine as part of the 10 minute special performance during the masquerade. Those auditions end at May 10th.

Runewitt

Technically, my face would be a weapon. How do i go about getting it piece-bonded? (J/K)

G-Force, under Prohibited Weapons it said:
QuoteGuns and Projectile Weapons:
Guns and projectile weapons of any kind are not permitted.  Examples of guns and projectile weapons include, but are not
limited to, live guns, live gun replicas, pellet, BB, airsoft, dart, water, blowguns, or crossbows.

Airsfoft guns are not allowed, but apparently if it is a prop gun with no moving parts it would be fine.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

whitewingedcrow

I have a question that I'm hoping somebody would be able to answer... I really don't know where to post, but this seemed like a good spot.

Anyways.

This is going to be my first time cosplaying--and I'm nervous and twitchy about the rules and whatnot because of it--and a weapon is going to be a pretty key part of my outfit: I'm doing Rip Van Winkle from Hellsing, and this involves carrying a musket that'll be in the range of six to seven feet long. It isn't going to be in any way functional, given that it's made from scratch and has among other things a barrel made out of cardboard, but it is going to inevitably have a wooden stock. The rules for what will not be permitted included the phrase 'could be used to cause physical harm', and now I'm worried about my gun; will they let me carry it?

On another note, which I may have just misunderstood, a 'peace-bound' weapon is generally one that's physically tied into its sheath/holster/what have you. Is this what they're referring to for fanime? Because again referencing the size, a 6-7 foot weapon is taller than I am, has no holster of any kind, and would consequently be very very difficult to have physically bound to me.

Somebody... please... help me...

~A cosplayer newbie who knows nothing about all of this.

heeroyuy135

Invest in a sling, that way you can sling it over the back and it would be much easier to peace bond

Nightroad

Quote from: whitewingedcrow on May 10, 2008, 08:51:02 PM
I have a question that I'm hoping somebody would be able to answer... I really don't know where to post, but this seemed like a good spot.

Since its made of wood and cardboard, I really don't think your going to have a problem, and if it turns out you need to tie it to anything, tie it to you wrist or something.

Other then that I love Rip Van Winkle from Hellsing!!! Can't wait to see you there!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

userpay

Quote from: whitewingedcrow on May 10, 2008, 08:51:02 PM

Anyways.

This is going to be my first time cosplaying--and I'm nervous and twitchy about the rules and whatnot because of it--and a weapon is going to be a pretty key part of my outfit: I'm doing Rip Van Winkle from Hellsing, and this involves carrying a musket that'll be in the range of six to seven feet long. It isn't going to be in any way functional, given that it's made from scratch and has among other things a barrel made out of cardboard, but it is going to inevitably have a wooden stock. The rules for what will not be permitted included the phrase 'could be used to cause physical harm', and now I'm worried about my gun; will they let me carry it?

On another note, which I may have just misunderstood, a 'peace-bound' weapon is generally one that's physically tied into its sheath/holster/what have you. Is this what they're referring to for fanime? Because again referencing the size, a 6-7 foot weapon is taller than I am, has no holster of any kind, and would consequently be very very difficult to have physically bound to me.

For something so big I think their just gonna put the tie on to signify you know the rules and hold you to your word that you won't hit anyone with it, unless you make a holster I don't think their gonna peacebond it to your person.

chibi*H A N A T S U K I

Are weapons like the machete in Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni count as an permitted item?
...I'll make it out of cardboard and make the sharp ends round...
XD;;

luckyends

card board should be fine

i have a question about general props so i made a giant DS stylus out of wood
would that have to be peace tied to me or not?
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

Oniko

I'm buying this really cheap wooden sword in China Town to go with my costume.  Its super light wait and make to look like a katana (has a  holder and is painted to look like one) so I figured it's easier to carry around rather than a real heavy one, even if this wooden one does look cheesy.  I guess it could look like a weapon though its a kids toy.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

billgoku

Since I'm doing Vash, I have a model gun prop, made out of plastic material, but it looks exactly like Vash's gun..I'm hoping after bonding the trigger its still legal, because its an awesome looking gun.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)