Fun Time Merryment - Con Pals

Started by Nick Zebra, April 30, 2008, 10:31:04 AM

nf33

well im not sure yet as it is my first time here :/

Nick Zebra

But would you still care to hang out? Or are you a little skitish? it's perfectly fine if you are, I won't take it as offense.

Kaura117

Might be interested in hanging out. Actually, make that an "almost definitely," as I'm trying out this bit of journalistic experimentation this year (thus the sig link). And where there are people, there are stories, yeah? Pretty much the only thing I really have planned out is that "Damn You Internets" is a must-go on my schedule. >_>

Kaura117

Oooh.. except that I won't be able to make the 5:30 Fri meeting, as I will be at work for another hour. Luckily, work is right next to the light rail, so I'll be conside soon after.

rude32

Quote from: Kaura117 on May 18, 2008, 09:13:01 PM
Oooh.. except that I won't be able to make the 5:30 Fri meeting, as I will be at work for another hour. Luckily, work is right next to the light rail, so I'll be conside soon after.
Don't worry, you can just get in contact with one of us through cell phone or something, since we will probably be hanging out.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

nf33

nick i will be haggin out allmost 100% sure sometime during the con. i got your phone number and also i think you where intrested in assians so if you where going to particpate in that we would meat there as well

Nick Zebra

Good stuff, I'm loving this. Also if you call my phone and get my voice mail, that is my father, that voice mail is from high school so... almost 3 years since I graduated, so don't freak out.

Kumar

scary ass voice, smoking bad. Anyways, join up.

Nick Zebra

Alright, also for those of you who are doing the assassination game, prepare for a fight!

Nick Zebra

last roll call, for those who are showing up PM me, so I may make a list.

JohnnyAR

There is also a couple more things I want to do, There are a couple cosplay gatherings, so I want to take pics of of both groups, ones a Hellsing gathering and the second is Death Note.

Nick Zebra

sweet, i'd  be down for going to that.

narutofan17

Quote from: Nick Zebra on May 11, 2008, 12:01:19 PM
I'll most likely be asuma, or I will be with a REAL black koname tosen.
XDDDDDDDD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

nf33

well if i make it (see the fanime ninja assassin thread for details on that) it should be fun. and a hellsing gather that would be awesome. hellsing is one of my ffav animes. im sry but i cant stand death note i tryed watching a few eps at multiple times and all it proceed to do was piss me off very much. it cant stand characters like light.

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

nf33

well aslo the whole im doing it for the betterment part yet he is just as bad. that type of thinking i cant stand. i dont want to get to into it cus i could probly typed up a page or more long rant about it. but that requries time and microsoft word for spell check :D

Kaura117

Quote from: nf33 on May 20, 2008, 05:31:52 PM
well aslo the whole im doing it for the betterment part yet he is just as bad. that type of thinking i cant stand. i dont want to get to into it cus i could probly typed up a page or more long rant about it. but that requries time and microsoft word for spell check :D

Well, a utilitarian approach to world betterment is, frankly, reasonable. Light's flaw was that he depended solely upon his own limited perspective to enact such deeds- and that he was only able to provide a stout and potent stick to motivate societal change. No carrots. Positive and negative reinforcement gets greater results than using either of them alone. But the first problem was the most damning. Without omniscience, you have to rely on external critique and perspective, so as to make up for your own blind spots- and as intelligent as he was, Light had plenty of mental blind spots.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Kaura117 on May 20, 2008, 05:36:55 PM

Well, a utilitarian approach to world betterment is, frankly, reasonable. Light's flaw was that he depended solely upon his own limited perspective to enact such deeds- and that he was only able to provide a stout and potent stick to motivate societal change. No carrots. Positive and negative reinforcement gets greater results than using either of them alone. But the first problem was the most damning. Without omniscience, you have to rely on external critique and perspective, so as to make up for your own blind spots- and as intelligent as he was, Light had plenty of mental blind spots.

example?

Nick Zebra

sweet looks like we're all already hitting it off, this weekend should be interesting to say the least.

Kaura117

Quote from: JohnnyAR on May 20, 2008, 09:22:45 PM
Quote from: Kaura117 on May 20, 2008, 05:36:55 PM

example?

Forgetting that the Shinigami was not his ally would be the most egregious one, I'd say.