Anyone know what the hell is going on in downtown San Jose right now?

Started by LadyKaren, May 04, 2008, 12:09:24 AM

LadyKaren

Anyone know what the hell is going on in downtown San Jose right now? There's road blocks EVERYWHERE and you can't get into the down town area. I had to show proof I lived downtown to a cop just to turn to try to enter Taylor. Anyone know anything?

JohnnyAR

Nope, I'm in Monterey county right now :p But it sounds exciting though.

Lisu

wait, still?
we ran into that nuisance latenight yesterday, but it is still in effect?

my guess: zombies.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Lisu on May 04, 2008, 12:13:37 AM
wait, still?

I hope so, lawl.

Dat be cool

Quote from: LadyKaren on May 04, 2008, 12:09:24 AM
Anyone know what the hell is going on in downtown San Jose right now? There's road blocks EVERYWHERE and you can't get into the down town area. I had to show proof I lived downtown to a cop just to turn to try to enter Taylor. Anyone know anything?

Oh can you take a quick digital photo of the area and post plz? I would like to see it

G.I.R

Quote from: Lisu on May 04, 2008, 12:13:37 AM
wait, still?

Hmm.  Perhaps filming for a TV show or movie?

havok rt

Its Cinco de Mayo weekend.

Man I hate having to be the token mexican.:-\
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

Mister_E

HOLY CRAP IT'S THE CLOVERFIELD MONSTER!!!!

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

otakuapprentice

Quote from: havok rt on May 04, 2008, 12:21:56 AM
Its Cinco de Mayo weekend.

Man I hate having to be the token mexican.:-\
pretty much what he said; lemme see what i can dig up.

EDIT: yea, its for the cinco de mayo situation(read: crazy traffic for the daytime and streets locked down right now for crowd control, i.e. people leaving the bars and idiots)
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

JohnnyAR

LadyKaren

I just went out to get donuts at the place like right down the street.
It took me 2 hours to get back.

;.;

otakuapprentice

yea, SJPD isn't taking this lightly, just like last year; its serious business.

mDuo13

SOawesomeness

xD Yeah, I know of a concert, but then I remembered that it's in Blossom Hill Road, not downtown. xDD
Sounds... very... +21-age. :0
Have fun, you... err, adults. Be responsible. :)
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Kazuko

bleh cinco de mayo, I have night class that night so I expect the class to be small in size LOL :V

otakuapprentice

cinco de mayo is just an excuse for most people to get crunk...uh, i mean drunk.

DemonLordZabuza

Oh I remember last years road blocks, it was horrible.  I have yet to understand why people in the US do so much for cinco de mayo.  Really? Unless you are from Puebla, there is really no reason for you to be all crazy about it.  People say is an excuse for people to drink, but when did we mexicans need a reason to drink.  I mean we fix roofs for our neighbors and instead of money we ask for a case and a half ;D

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

BrightHeart76

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on May 05, 2008, 11:35:12 AM
Oh I remember last years road blocks, it was horrible.  I have yet to understand why people in the US do so much for cinco de mayo.  Really? Unless you are from Puebla, there is really no reason for you to be all crazy about it.  People say is an excuse for people to drink, but when did we mexicans need a reason to drink.  I mean we fix roofs for our neighbors and instead of money we ask for a case and a half ;D

Yeah, I'm Irish.  Wanna talk about St. Patrick's Day?  People will use ANY excuse to party, it's hillarious really.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.