No-Name Anime showing on Sat May 10

Started by EdOfNoName, May 04, 2008, 08:17:01 PM

EdOfNoName

Join us Saturday May 10 for an afternoon of anime!

Familiar with the works of Makoto Shinkai? If you are, you'll be glad to see his latest piece, 5 centimeters per second. If not, there's no time like the present to experience and familiarize yourself with this amazing director's films. Of course, other familiar faces will be here, including the surprisingly wacky antics of the girls in Strawberry Marshmallow, the upstanding folks of Ghost in the Shell, and more! And if you've been following the show Zero no Tsukaima, you won't want to miss the last episode!

As always, many thanks to the Santa Clara City Library for hosting our meetings! We're in the Cedar Room (the smaller one) for this month, so don't go to the wrong place!

12:30 Le Chevalier D'Eon #12*
12:55 Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig #17*
13:25 Fate/Stay Night #12*
13:55 Zero no Tsukaima #13*
14:20 Abunai! Break time!
15:15 Strawberry Marshmallow #5*
15:40 5 centimeters per second
16:50 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya #12? #12? #11!*

(* = not appropriate for all audiences, but if Fanime BBS doesn't weird you out, it's probably OK.)

Familiar and Free! More info: http://www.nnanime.com & http://www.nnanime.com/flyers/2008/sch08_05.html

lacus

wow..I just moved to santa clara and I always wanted to find some otaku friends nearby.
This is cool!
but unfortunately I will probably be  in SF for this weekend..=((
I wish I could be there and meeting new friends ; ;

anomaly

wait wait wait...where is this? is it near san jose?

I need to learn cali :P
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

--------------------------------------------------
Fanime 2008 ConOps

EdOfNoName

Quote from: lacus on May 06, 2008, 06:10:43 PM
I will probably be  in SF for this weekend..=((
I wish I could be there and meeting new friends ; ;

It's a busy weekend for a lot of people. We're scheduled on the 2nd Saturday of the month for the whole rest of the year, so we hope you'll join in future months.

Quote from: anomaly on May 06, 2008, 06:54:19 PM
wait wait wait...where is this? is it near san jose?

Yes, Santa Clara is next to San Jose. We sometimes get people from San Francisco or Santa Cruz to join us.

JohnnyAR

Aw man! I really want to see 5 centimeters per second, but I won't be able to go :'( why must this ever happen to me?

anomaly

IM actually in vacaville, but I'll be in san jose for the meeting..
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

--------------------------------------------------
Fanime 2008 ConOps