Eurobeat King : Fanime 2008

Started by Eurobeat King, May 04, 2008, 10:51:30 PM

Eurobeat King

Hey everyone,

With Fanime coming up in a few weeks, I wanted to let everyone know what my plans/schedules are for this year, and it's going to be crazy/hectic/wild.. take your pick.   ;D   But I'm looking forward to it and am preparing for the five fun days of Fanime.

First off, people have asked me if I plan to do private photoshoots like I did last year.  While I had a great time doing those with everyone who signed-up for one (or more), this year i'm not going to be doing the private shoots.  I felt that last year while being busy with the private shoots, it prevented me from wandering around the con, getting more pictures of hall-cosplayers, gatherings, and cosplay events such as the Maid Cafe.  So this year I plan to wander around the convention center, inside & outside, as well as wander to the marriott & hilton hotels, looking for hall-cosplayers.  Mostly i'll be outside the con center by the fountains during the daytime, taking pics of gatherings, cosplayers, & friends.

If you find me, or if i find you, feel free to say hi and i'll ask to take your picture if you're in-costume.  The # of pictures will depend on how much time I have and how busy I am.  Since I feel bad if I see people or friends in-costume and don't catch them then & there, and then end up missing their costume all-together, I want to try and prevent that this year.  Naturally, I'm a year older and still can't get everyone, but I'm certainly going to do my best.  :)   Again, say hi to me if you see me and I'll be happy to take your picture.   Just look for me wearing normal clothes (no DOA, Evangelion, Gundam Wing, or Initial D cosplay for me this year..)

Here's my tentative-schedule for FanimeCon :

Thursday
Arrive at the convention center by 12:00pm.
Wander around & take pictures until 5:00pm.
Participate in the Swap Meet from 7:30pm to 12:00am.  (selling Eurobeat & Trance music, D&D stuff, comics, & hentai!)
(during the swap meet I may or may not be able to take pictures, depending on how busy it is.)

Friday
Arrive at the convention center by 8:00am.
Wander around & take pictures until 6:30pm.
Participate in the Swap Meet from 8:30pm to 1:00am.  (selling remaining Eurobeat & Trance music, D&D stuff, comics, & hentai!)
(again, if swap meet is busy, I may or may not be able to take pictures.)
NOTE: depending on what time I pack my stuff, I might still wander afterwards, looking for cosplayers.

Saturday
Wander around & take pictures all-day until time for Masquerade (6:00pm)
I'll be covering the masquerade, and then taking post-masq. pictures.

Sunday
More wandering around to take pictures all-day..
NOTE: I'm not going to watch the An Cafe concert, so look for me around the convention center during that time.

Monday
Wander around and take pictures until i drop dead.. haha   :D  or head home in the afternoon.

That's the schedule I'm planning on.. if everything goes well, I'll have sold a lot at the swap meet, taken a lot of pictures all weekend, and gotten a few hours of sleep each day.. haha

One final note: I'm heading to Project A-kon in Dallas, Texas 3 days after Fanime ends, so my Fanime pictures will be delayed until I return from that con.  (look for some pics after fanime, and the rest in the beginning of june.)  I thank you in-advance for your patience!

Any questions, feel free to reply here or PM me.  Thanks!

Good luck finishing up your costumes & preparations for Fanime, and see you all in a few weeks!   8)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

heeroyuy135

I'll be glad to see you again. I haven't seen you since you lasted showed up to Sac-Anime (or was it Sac-Con? It was one of the two). Hope everything is going well in your life.

See ya there!

Eurobeat King

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on May 05, 2008, 11:58:55 PM
I'll be glad to see you again. I haven't seen you since you lasted showed up to Sac-Anime (or was it Sac-Con? It was one of the two). Hope everything is going well in your life.

See ya there!

Yes, it was Sac-Con in December that I last saw you.  I'm doing well, just busy working, and preparing my stuff to sell at the swap meet.  That's really all i have to prepare for the con since I'm not cosplaying, and my cameras are waiting to flare-to-life again in a few weeks. ;)  Just find me when you're in-costume and I'll do my best to get pics of you! 

akira_chan

I'll definitely have to catch you sometime when i'm in my Meryl and Maetel costumes.

Eurobeat King

Quote from: akira_chan on May 06, 2008, 12:05:34 AM
I'll definitely have to catch you sometime when i'm in my Meryl and Maetel costumes.

yes, we'll have to meet up to do another photoshoot of your Meryl costume(s) should you bring both your regular and MGS4 Meryl costumes!  :) 

Yukari Kaiba

ill make sure to keep an eye out for you and say hi (i might be coming by thursday to pick up my badge and mingle at the swap meet). ill probably see you at the Death Note movie gathering too, provided i get Matt finished in time XD but if not ill definitely see you at con :D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Eurobeat King

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on May 06, 2008, 12:34:30 AM
ill make sure to keep an eye out for you and say hi (i might be coming by thursday to pick up my badge and mingle at the swap meet). ill probably see you at the Death Note movie gathering too, provided i get Matt finished in time XD but if not ill definitely see you at con :D

Definitely, P. :)  I'm sure I'll find you throughout the weekend, and go to the Death Note & Bleach gatherings. 

By all means try to stop by the Swap Meet on Thursday if you can.  Those who show up have a better chance at getting first-dibs on my stuff since Friday i know i'll have less than the night before.

BSaphire

;D I'm glad to hear that you are going to pace yourself better this time. I learned this the hard way... "You can't do everything... to please everybody.... all the time.... without it taking a toll on you!" I know that with what you have posted that you will be BUSY!  ::) but I also know that there is breathing room (though minimal) in there too!  :) I look forward to seeing you again &  ;) I TOO will be pacing myself! See you in 17 days!!!  8)

Hugs
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Eurobeat King

Quote from: BSaphire on May 06, 2008, 07:43:14 AM
  ;D I'm glad to hear that you are going to pace yourself better this time. I learned this the hard way... "You can't do everything... to please everybody.... all the time.... without it taking a toll on you!" I know that with what you have posted that you will be BUSY!  ::) but I also know that there is breathing room (though minimal) in there too!  :) I look forward to seeing you again &  ;) I TOO will be pacing myself! See you in 17 days!!!  8)

Hugs
B

yes, i shall try to pace myself better this year, S. ;)  Of course, it'll depend on the # of cosplayers that show-up at Fanime this year. haha  It's always good practice to build up for the big summer cons (AX, SDCC, Otakon) but thankfully Fanime won't be as busy as those.  Or will it?  ;D   we'll see in *gulp*  17 days!!

heeroyuy135

Quote from: BSaphire on May 06, 2008, 07:43:14 AM
Hugs
B

I hope so! -Matt

Kouri Neko

I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

ToshiX

"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

_Rena_

It's kewl you got yourself scheduled up and organize!  :)  Idk what I'll do when I get there but I should plan ahead right now so I won't be rushing myself over nothing like last year. haha The last time i saw you was at Wonder'Con on Sunday fun fun. hehe

I'll be with the same people from Wonder'Con but with more people on Saturday. ;D Cya there!

Eurobeat King

Kouri Neko & ToshiX:  I look forward to seeing you both!  I hope you're excited about the con as much as I am.. :D

_Rena_ :  Fanime will be more difficult to find you than it was at WonderCon, but hopefully our paths will cross throughout the weekend!  If your friends are all-together on Saturday, I'll besure to get some group shots & solo pics!

MissNintendo

Yay I'm so excited. Hopefully we'l lall get to hang a little bit. That is if I haven't died from exaustion wokring on my cosplays..-_-
Anyways Haven't caught you on AIM for a while so hopefully I get to before the Con
Cosplays I'm wearing for Fanime 08:
Belle-Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Rinoa-FFVIII(Dion Roger's version)
Kasumi-Dead or Alive
Princess Peach-Mario Bros. Series
Lara Croft-Tomb Radier

Eurobeat King

Quote from: MissNintendo on May 07, 2008, 09:27:57 AM
Yay I'm so excited. Hopefully we'll all get to hang a little bit. That is if I haven't died from exaustion wokring on my cosplays..-_-
Anyways Haven't caught you on AIM for a while so hopefully I get to before the Con

I'm sure you, myself, and the other girls will have a little time to chat in-between pictures or during the down-time (which is.. I don't know  haha) Good luck working on all your costumes, and I hope to get all of them during the con!  :)

Evangelion Xgouki

Man, you're always so busy at cons, EB   :D.  Sometimes I wonder if you're going to pass out with all the running around and  stuff you do.  But anyway, I'm glad to see you back at Fanime yet again  ;D

Kouri Neko

Quote from: Eurobeat King on May 06, 2008, 08:55:55 PM
Kouri Neko & ToshiX:  I look forward to seeing you both!  I hope you're excited about the con as much as I am.. :D

Yah..  I hope you make it to the Lolita picnic gathering.  The gathering will be big this year.  Not only that, you can stop by and have some food.  XD!
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

Eurobeat King

Quote from: Kouri Neko on May 07, 2008, 07:20:52 PM
Yah..  I hope you make it to the Lolita picnic gathering.  The gathering will be big this year.  Not only that, you can stop by and have some food.  XD!

What day & time is that?  I'll have a copy/copies of the Gatherings List with me, and depending on what other gatherings are happening during/around that time, I'll stop by.  Food will be nice since I don't know when I'll be able to take a snack-break during each day, so thanks in-advance for offering snacks.  :)

Eurobeat King

Oh, and for those of you who haven't seen my pictures before, here's just some examples of my pictures that I take at cons:

I'm hoping for nice weather during the Fanime weekend, and I prefer daytime & outdoor pictures more, but I'll be up & around until late in the evenings as well, taking pictures.  So look for me if you're in-costume all weekend!