Yuri and Yaoi nights

Started by ryuyasha, May 05, 2008, 12:19:18 PM

ryuyasha

Alright, I was just looking at the video programming, and saw both yuri and yaoi nights. Now, I am a minor who happens to like yuri. Why is it that yaoi gets an all ages night, but yuri doesnt? I think i have as much right to watch some yuri as yaoi fans do there movies. Im not 18, i cant watch the ones on friday. We should get as much right to watch yuri as the minor yaoi fans do.

Steve.Young

Because the all ages one has no nudity in it, while the 18+ ones have nudity in it. There will be I.D. Checks for those with nudity due to the nature of the content. If you can find some hot yuri with no nudity, feel free to talk to video programming about showing it.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jerry

this makes me think-

sorry kids 18+ only all kids out of the pool.

Its adult swim time.

think how crazy it would be if the hentai/yaoi/yuri rooms would be if the dress code was swimsuits only.

that or we had a bubble party/rave.

but thats another thread...  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

phoenixphire24

What about something like Kashimashi? That's only rated 13+ Or Maria-sama ga Miteru? Those are both yuri that aren't explicit. But you may be looking for something "hotter."

ryuyasha

Naw, I think both of those would be great to see. I just want something for the yuri fans out there, ya know? We rarely get anything.

phoenixphire24

I'd really like to see Kashimashi! I've seen part of Maria-sama, but with the TRSI license, they probably can't get permission to show it. I'm sure there are other non-explicit yuri.

MikoChika

Kanazuki no Miko Is also Yuri and has no nudity. I think that oen would actually be a very good one to show that the under aged fans could watch. It's even better then Kashimashi in my opinion. But that may just becuase there's mecha and fighting and mikos in it. ^^

Personally, I would like to see some 18+ yaoi and yuri. The last convention I went to had a yaoi shwoing and it was lame. A cute story, but oh so lame for there was no real action, just heavy hints..
Please, don't feed the moogle.

phoenixphire24

Quote from: MikoChika on May 07, 2008, 12:50:52 PM
Kanazuki no Miko Is also Yuri and has no nudity. I think that oen would actually be a very good one to show that the under aged fans could watch. It's even better then Kashimashi in my opinion. But that may just becuase there's mecha and fighting and mikos in it. ^^

Personally, I would like to see some 18+ yaoi and yuri. The last convention I went to had a yaoi shwoing and it was lame. A cute story, but oh so lame for there was no real action, just heavy hints..

I'm really pulling for them to show Junjou Romantica. There are sex scenes, just no nudity.

Last year with the person who was in charge of the yaoi/yuri got sick, so they had to show what was on hand. Hopefully this year things will be better.

Yuu

Personally, I would like to see some 18+ yaoi and yuri. The last convention I went to had a yaoi showing and it was lame. A cute story, but oh so lame for there was no real action, just heavy hints..

Hence why I wonder where all of these people who insist " OMG11! It's not fair!! Theres SOO much yaoi EVERYWHERE and NO yuri!!1" have been living that they've never seen any AXE/TAG, Girls gone wild/sports/bottled water/Copic marker/billboards/magazine/radio show/ general media advertisement, and OH YEA ANIME and the majority of the merchandise/advertising of the booths at anime conventions.

What the hell do you want? Live hardcore lesbian action in publci everwheyre you go ( not like where far off) ..and don't answer.

You can go anywhere and find girl on girl action but oh noes! I have the knowledge's that yaoi which I could easily ignore is in my general vicinity one weekend a year. it's not fair that I should have to have knowledge of it's existance!!

The REASON why the yuri is 18+ and the yaoi isnt, is because the so called 'yaoi' is only shonen ai which tends to be just childish, suggesting and innuendoes. ( Kyoh Kara Maoh, or whatever the hell it's called, anyone?

As far as it being 'unfair your a minor, that's he rules. Deal.

Kyokun

Quote from: Yuu on May 07, 2008, 03:35:54 PM

Personally, I would like to see some 18+ yaoi and yuri. The last convention I went to had a yaoi showing and it was lame. A cute story, but oh so lame for there was no real action, just heavy hints..

Hence why I wonder where all of these people who insist " OMG11! It's not fair!! Theres SOO much yaoi EVERYWHERE and NO yuri!!1" have been living that they've never seen any AXE/TAG, Girls gone wild/sports/bottled water/Copic marker/billboards/magazine/radio show/ general media advertisement, and OH YEA ANIME and the majority of the merchandise/advertising of the booths at anime conventions.

What the hell do you want? Live hardcore lesbian action in publci everwheyre you go ( not like where far off) ..and don't answer.

You can go anywhere and find girl on girl action but oh noes! I have the knowledge's that yaoi which I could easily ignore is in my general vicinity one weekend a year. it's not fair that I should have to have knowledge of it's existance!!

The REASON why the yuri is 18+ and the yaoi isnt, is because the so called 'yaoi' is only shonen ai which tends to be just childish, suggesting and innuendoes. ( Kyoh Kara Maoh, or whatever the hell it's called, anyone?

This post makes absolutely no sense.  First, the person you quoted is not a minor and can see 18+ yaoi/yuri if they wanted to.  Second, the OP (who is not the person you quoted) asked to be able to see 13+ yuri, which is a perfectly valid request if there's 13+/18+ yaoi nights and only 18+ yuri nights.

Yuu

Quote from: Kyokun on May 07, 2008, 03:48:43 PM

This post makes absolutely no sense.  First, the person you quoted is not a minor and can see 18+ yaoi/yuri if they wanted to.  Second, the OP (who is not the person you quoted) asked to be able to see 13+ yuri, which is a perfectly valid request if there's 13+/18+ yaoi nights and only 18+ yuri nights.

I know they are not a minor. I was quoting them because I agree with them because all the 'yaoi' that is shown is usually stupid and cutsey. Aside from that, it was a general rant. Not really pointed at anyone in particular.

phoenixphire24

Quote from: Yuu on May 07, 2008, 03:54:41 PM
Quote from: Kyokun on May 07, 2008, 03:48:43 PM

I know they are not a minor. I was quoting them because I agree with them because all the 'yaoi' that is shown is usually stupid and cutsey. Aside from that, it was a general rant. Not really pointed at anyone in particular.

The point of this thread is not to discuss your opinion on the yaoi that was shown, I assume, at last year's convention. There is already a thread for that called "better yaoi" where it was explained that the person in charge was sick and so they had to play what was on hand.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with playing various types of yaoi. Some people enjoy yaoi but perfer not to watch the explicit variety. There are many good yaoi that are both "cute" and "hard core." That's the point of having 2 different nights. I think it is perfectly reasonable to ask for a yuri night that also shows lower rated yuri. This is an anime convention and if there is anime that enough people are interested in, then it's great if Fanime can show it. Just because there is "lesbian action" everywhere in the real world, doesn't mean they can't show both yaoi and yuri at the convention and it doesn't mean that they should only show 18+ shows when there are so many good shows that are for people 13 or 16+.

MikoChika

Quote from: phoenixphire24 on May 07, 2008, 07:55:31 PM

The point of this thread is not to discuss your opinion on the yaoi that was shown, I assume, at last year's convention. There is already a thread for that called "better yaoi" where it was explained that the person in charge was sick and so they had to play what was on hand.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with playing various types of yaoi. Some people enjoy yaoi but perfer not to watch the explicit variety. There are many good yaoi that are both "cute" and "hard core." That's the point of having 2 different nights. I think it is perfectly reasonable to ask for a yuri night that also shows lower rated yuri. This is an anime convention and if there is anime that enough people are interested in, then it's great if Fanime can show it. Just because there is "lesbian action" everywhere in the real world, doesn't mean they can't show both yaoi and yuri at the convention and it doesn't mean that they should only show 18+ shows when there are so many good shows that are for people 13 or 16+.

Well said
Please, don't feed the moogle.

Jun-Watarase

I didn't think he was implying that, to be honest. But uh... anyways, the only reason why yaoi/BL has more of a variety shown in terms of rating is because yaoi is more popular and on higher demand at anime conventions. They're not all 'cutesy' and 'childish'-- it's just that the more popular series that are shown tend to be that way. Personally, I have no taste for Yaoi, but I've seen many titles that are lighthearted and those that are very serious and MANLY. With lesbian anime, they have less of a variety, but a variety nonetheless.

Here are a few series I can think off the top of my head with PG lesbianism: Mariasama ga Miteru, Kannazuki no Miko, Mai-Hime/Otome, Kashimashi, Blue Drop, Strawberry Panic, El Cazador de la Bruja, Girl's Life, Simoun, Steel Angel Kurumi, Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, blah blah blah.

They're all okay for underaged people to watch, legally. Yuri rooms are barely being managed though. They're not nearly as organized in comparison to the Yaoi showings. They basically just ask someone, "Hey. Can you take care of the Yuri room? No one else is doing it." and that's that. I don't really care, though- I'm not attending either. But uh, hopefully that helps someone amirite.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

phoenixphire24

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 09, 2008, 02:11:13 AM

I didn't think he was implying that, to be honest. But uh... anyways, the only reason why yaoi/BL has more of a variety shown in terms of rating is because yaoi is more popular and on higher demand at anime conventions. They're not all 'cutesy' and 'childish'-- it's just that the more popular series that are shown tend to be that way. Personally, I have no taste for Yaoi, but I've seen many titles that are lighthearted and those that are very serious and MANLY. With lesbian anime, they have less of a variety, but a variety nonetheless.

Here are a few series I can think off the top of my head with PG lesbianism: Mariasama ga Miteru, Kannazuki no Miko, Mai-Hime/Otome, Kashimashi, Blue Drop, Strawberry Panic, El Cazador de la Bruja, Girl's Life, Simoun, Steel Angel Kurumi, Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, blah blah blah.

They're all okay for underaged people to watch, legally. Yuri rooms are barely being managed though. They're not nearly as organized in comparison to the Yaoi showings. They basically just ask someone, "Hey. Can you take care of the Yuri room? No one else is doing it." and that's that. I don't really care, though- I'm not attending either. But uh, hopefully that helps someone amirite.

Oh Simoun would be a really good one to show too! The DVDs have gotten good reviews so far and I'm interested in watching it. It's too bad that the yuri rooms aren't getting much attention. Perhaps next year, if enough people ask about it, they can do some more planning in advance.

ryuyasha

Alright, since it does seem theres some interest here, anyone know where I would go to contanct someone from Fanime, to ask about something for next year? I would really like to see a yuri room for people who dont want to (or cant) see the 18+ movies.

phoenixphire24

Quote from: ryuyasha on May 09, 2008, 02:14:26 PM
Alright, since it does seem theres some interest here, anyone know where I would go to contanct someone from Fanime, to ask about something for next year? I would really like to see a yuri room for people who dont want to (or cant) see the 18+ movies.

You might want to contact either the otaku god (Jerry) or theotakuapprentice since they seem to be running the video stuff (at least on the boards) and apprentice is looking after the hentai room.

Dancing Lanza

they don't have enough 18+ Yaoi/Yuri out there =(
that's why Yaoi room showing 18- videos
and Yuri room only has one night =P

Strawberry Panic is another acceptable Yuri =D

18- Yaoi is no fun~  they should have some 18+ at least =P
http://www.cosspace.com/DancingLanza
www.myspace.com/dancingL

I GOT A WEBCAM!! Hit me up on AIM if interested =D
or MSN~

Kyokun

IIRC, they usually have one 13+ Yaoi Night, and one 18+ Yaoi Night (although maybe this year it's both 18+).  They definitely do show 18+ Yaoi though.

EDIT:  Yes, if you read the vid pages, Fri is all ages, and Sat/Sun is 18+.

kazutoXakinafangirl

I am a yaoi fan, so 13+ room sounds good. I like that idea so my sisters can't follow me in. I am 13 anyway, but know that I think about it, my sisters might not go this year. :-\