ID question (definitely not your standard one)

Started by kuroi, May 05, 2008, 02:04:37 PM

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: Fructose on May 15, 2008, 01:57:11 PM
Quote from: kuroi on May 12, 2008, 10:50:47 PM
I did email staff, but the response I got was "the staff will know how to deal with people without photo IDs". *shrugs* What's going to be just as fun is trying to deal with this for dealer's room and video rooms...

...You don't need ID for the dealers room and video rooms. Just your badge. The only things in the whole con you'd need an ID for other than registration would be the "over 18" events like the hentai room and yaoi bingo and such.

It's also helpful to have it with you if you're buying weapons or 18+ merchandise from dealers or artist alley, but yeah it's not needed :].

kuroi

Quote from: Shi_Musouka on May 17, 2008, 01:42:33 PM
I did email staff, but the response I got was "the staff will know how to deal with people without photo IDs". *shrugs* What's going to be just as fun is trying to deal with this for dealer's room and video rooms...

...You don't need ID for the dealers room and video rooms. Just your badge. The only things in the whole con you'd need an ID for other than registration would be the "over 18" events like the hentai room and yaoi bingo and such.

It's also helpful to have it with you if you're buying weapons or 18+ merchandise from dealers or artist alley, but yeah it's not needed :].

XD;; I was trying not to say it outright, but that's what I meant I'd need it for...>_>;;
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

Xeluu

Quote from: kuroi on May 19, 2008, 09:38:39 PM
Quote from: Shi_Musouka on May 17, 2008, 01:42:33 PM

XD;; I was trying not to say it outright, but that's what I meant I'd need it for...>_>;;
I would imagine for those things you'd need government ID. I recall while hanging out in front of the Hentai room (I know some of the staff, so we hang out there.) people trying to get in with college IDs and what not, didn't work, they were sent away.

I would try and bring the passport if I were you, and leave it along with... say... half your money in the safe. That way whenever you need to go get the money, or some other valuable in there, you'll be reminded that you've got your passport on you.

Mind you, I'm not staff, nor a volunteer, but that's what I recall happening in the past. >_> Better safe than sorry.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

kuroi

Lovely little random thing: I managed to pack my passport into a box going into storage, so my passport is currently on the other side of the country (no, seriously, I have the worst luck with IDs and such), and I'm expediting a new one so that I can still make it to Japan in two weeks. (the woman said the SF office was really caught up with their applications right now, so that it shouldn't take more than a week or so)

But now my government IDs are down to: this paper ID w/o a picture and a 10-year-old expired passport (I'm also about 8 in the picture, which is useful). This is going to be ridiculously fun to deal with.

It's not the end of the world if I can't get into the late night video rooms, or buy weapons and such in the dealer's room, but oh well. I'll try with what I've got, and if that doesn't work...*shrugs*
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

Xeluu

Quote from: kuroi on May 19, 2008, 11:22:36 PM
Lovely little random thing: I managed to pack my passport into a box going into storage, so my passport is currently on the other side of the country (no, seriously, I have the worst luck with IDs and such), and I'm expediting a new one so that I can still make it to Japan in two weeks. (the woman said the SF office was really caught up with their applications right now, so that it shouldn't take more than a week or so)

But now my government IDs are down to: this paper ID w/o a picture and a 10-year-old expired passport (I'm also about 8 in the picture, which is useful). This is going to be ridiculously fun to deal with.

It's not the end of the world if I can't get into the late night video rooms, or buy weapons and such in the dealer's room, but oh well. I'll try with what I've got, and if that doesn't work...*shrugs*
Hm... hopefully this isn't too late.... if I were you, I'd bring the expired passport and a current ID. (School ID?) I'm not a staff nor volunteer member, but you might be able to get by with both of those. *shrug* Worth a shot at least. >_< At least you noticed the passport was gone before your trip to Japan.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas