Strange questions you've pondered.

Started by Gatsby, May 05, 2008, 09:05:08 PM

Gatsby

Just post random questions you've pondered. Can be on any subject.

Would it be incest if you had sex with your clone?

BrightHeart76

Um...I think that would technically be masturbation.  (I can't believe I thought about that...I blame you for the loss of brain waves)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Gatsby

w00t! Draining people's brain waves since 1991!

Makou

How common is bullying in public schools and what it is like here compared to other countries ( I have an idea because of a discussion I had, but some more info would be appreciated).

questionette

I wonder how long humans will last?
I wonder if anything we do in life really matters at all?
I wonder why everyone's parents tell their children they're special, just to walk into a room of people all been told the same thing?
Do you think global warming/other global disasters will effect our generation?

Gatsby

Quote from: Makou on May 05, 2008, 09:51:39 PM
How common is bullying in public schools and what it is like here compared to other countries ( I have an idea because of a discussion I had, but some more info would be appreciated).

Well I live in a hick town where I'm bullied alot. Well was I left the high school and went to the local college. I know a bunch of my friends are bullied and the school does nothing about it because the hicks make up around 70% if not more of the student population.

Rei-Rei

Not exactly about bullying...... But oh well.
With my experience, people in other countries are A LOT nicer in the schools in the US.
There's a lot of "groups" of friends divided by cliques and races here... It bothered me at first when I moved here, but then eh. I kinda got used to it. Still hate it though.  At our current school though, there is way too much drama and people talking behind other peoples backs and stuff.

Barnes

Why is it called the Breakfast Club, when they eat lunch in the movie?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Steve.Young

Why human beings are so stupid sometimes =p.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

JTchinoy

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 06, 2008, 12:08:42 AM
Because you touch yourself at night.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

konmoni

How do you peel a banana? From the top or the bottom?  Which part of the banana is the top or the bottom?...And do you peel it as you're eating, or like in cartoons where monkeys peel it completely then start eating...?

Jun-Watarase

Since I'm bored, I'll try to answer questions for the heck of it. =)

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on May 05, 2008, 09:05:08 PM
Would it be incest if you had sex with your clone?

Actually, it would be considered incest. You could call it masturbation as a joke, but it's still incest. Your clone would be sharing the same genetic material as you, but you wouldn't be exactly alike. As for clones in fiction, like exact carbon copies... well, that's just up to you what to call it.

Depending on which country you're referring to, they vary in how frequent and in what fashion depending on the country's society and social mentality.

Quote from: questionette on May 05, 2008, 09:56:19 PM
I wonder how long humans will last?
I wonder if anything we do in life really matters at all?
I wonder why everyone's parents tell their children they're special, just to walk into a room of people all been told the same thing?
Do you think global warming/other global disasters will effect our generation?

Hey, the world is supposedly ending in 2012. Who knows.

Depends on what you mean by "matter". It's both yes and no.

To encourage a sense of hope and self-esteem through value.

Of course it would. If you mean to a large degree, then it depends on how much it affects our world differently ecologically, economically, etc.

Quote from: Barnes on May 06, 2008, 12:06:23 AM

The 80's. That's why.

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 06, 2008, 12:08:42 AM

Because they exist as imperfect beings and that they're born with a limited learning process.

Quote from: konmoni on May 09, 2008, 03:59:37 PM
How do you peel a banana? From the top or the bottom?  Which part of the banana is the top or the bottom?...And do you peel it as you're eating, or like in cartoons where monkeys peel it completely then start eating...?

There's no right way to peel a banana. It's up to your preferences. Bananas are peeled from the top most commonly because it's easier to grip the stem, rather than picking at the nub at the bottom.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

satanic_mechanic

why is bill orielly such an incurable douche?
"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -HD Thoreau

Mister_E

Because they are different people and a Breakfast Club Sandwich is made of different things that you eat.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Sunara Ishi

What it'd be like when the universe contracts?
Are we truly dead and reliving our lives over and over?
What if I become so psychic, that I'd be able to know everything that will be and has been, and get stuck in one place due that knowledge that I am living my whole life while just standing around comatose...
What if one gets stuck in one's memories and really isn't living?
Was I supposed to be human?
If I was male, how would I behave? Would I hit on lots of girls?

yadda yadda yadda....
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Mister_E on May 09, 2008, 06:06:55 PM
Because they are different people and a Breakfast Club Sandwich is made of different things that you eat.

But all sandwiches are made of different things you eat. There are a lot of theories as to why the title is what it is-- the most common one I've heard was because it was the timing of when the detention was held, etc etc. It escapes me at the moment, but there isn't an official answer. It's an awesome movie. Maybe Mikey knows, since he's old and lived during that time.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Mister_E

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 09, 2008, 06:51:35 PM
Quote from: Mister_E on May 09, 2008, 06:06:55 PM

But all sandwiches are made of different things you eat. There are a lot of theories as to why the title is what it is-- the most common one I've heard was because it was the timing of when the detention was held, etc etc. It escapes me at the moment, but there isn't an official answer. It's an awesome movie. Maybe Mikey knows, since he's old and lived during that time.
GO OLD PEOPLE!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Amon_devilman

Does positive thinking actually alter things?
Is every cruel act a person does to another ever repayed?

G.I.R

Why isn't otakuapprentice answering some of these questions? ???