Strange questions you've pondered.

Started by Gatsby, May 05, 2008, 09:05:08 PM

cappeh

i dunno if consciousness was word i was looking for lol.

i mean, don't you ever just wonder why you're here.
and it's not so much asking why anyone is here, more like, out of anything else in the universe, why are you experiencing life in this place, in this body, in this world, etc

i dunno. that question has been bugging me and weirding me out since i was a little kid. @~@
hi i lav u

SOawesomeness

Is all of this really real?
Will I wake up and find out that all of this is just a dream?
Is my life somehow secretly like the Truman Show?
Are we really housing aliens on Earth? :000
What do martians look like?
Why do I have to wait until the 28th to register for classes?
If my mom married some other guy and had a kid with him, would I still be born?
What does SOL mean?

:000 LE GASP.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

cappeh

see, this is eerily related to my last question. D: D: D: i've always wondered this too.

and SOL = shit out of luck btw
hi i lav u

Gatsby

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 12, 2008, 10:19:37 PM

I've pondered all of these. Mainly the second one.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: cappeh on May 12, 2008, 10:12:57 PM

and it's not so much asking why anyone is here, more like, out of anything else in the universe, why are you experiencing life in this place, in this body, in this world, etc

i dunno. that question has been bugging me and weirding me out since i was a little kid. @~@

Yeah. Tons of people question this, and everything has some sort of purpose. People who feel things lack a purpose, usually are referring to things/people/etc that make little difference to its environment. An answer to this question is beyond human comprehension, and I'm undeniably human.

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 12, 2008, 10:19:37 PM
Is my life somehow secretly like the Truman Show?
Why do I have to wait until the 28th to register for classes?
What does SOL mean?

:000 LE GASP.

Yes, it's real. Depending on your definition of 'real', that is. It's not a dream, and well, I tell you this because if it were, I'd be another conscious being governing a small portion of said dream. I answered a question similar to this on the previous page, though. While I don't claim to be absolutely correct, I am very certain when it comes to this. I've had dreams that had felt like had lasted for years at a time, though. I've lived short lifetimes within them-- maybe a duration of 5 or 6 years within the dream, and only a few hours in actual time. Even then, I'm pretty sure this is reality. It's complex, but not a fantasy.

We carry many aliens right here in the US, but I'd be banned for making racist jokes. : D

Making a single description of what Martians look like would be too general, but from what human discovery has uncovered, they're just micro-organisms much like the ones we have here on Earth.

You have to wait until the 28th because that's how your school district has scheduled registration. :T

'You' wouldn't, unless you simply classify yourself as the child of your mother and her lover. But outside of that, it'd be someone else.

And the last question was answered a couple of posts above this one. : D

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

SOawesomeness

xD Lawls, I enjoyed my answers. (:

EDIT: Wow, I really can't spell...
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

questionette

I think this forum should be renamed the "ask Jun" thread XD

Okay here's one:

What makes up protons and neutrons? and then what makes up that? and then what makes up that?

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: questionette on May 13, 2008, 06:46:05 PM
I think this forum should be renamed the "ask Jun" thread XD

Okay here's one:

What makes up protons and neutrons? and then what makes up that? and then what makes up that?

Oh man, last time I even had to think about that was in my sophomore year of high school, and I've been out of college for this entire semester. Here goes... XD

If I recall correctly, protons and neutrons are made of energy, both of which are subatomic particles with different charges. And the rest is still just energy. But uh, hey, I don't have a degree in this so if anyone were to correct me, I probably wouldn't feel inclined to object if it seemed feasible.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

questionette

At one point I thought there was something about like...quarks?quaks?...something like that in there...I'm not 100% sure though XD

Pretty in depth stuff.  Your explanation sounds better than anything I could pull outta my ass, so kudos Jun :D

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: questionette on May 13, 2008, 07:18:37 PM
At one point I thought there was something about like...quarks?quaks?...something like that in there...I'm not 100% sure though XD

Pretty in depth stuff.  Your explanation sounds better than anything I could pull outta my ass, so kudos Jun :D

Hahahahahaha, thanks.

But yeah, you reminded me. Yes, they are in fact made of electrically-charged quarks. Protons are made of 3, and neutrons are made of 2. Quarks are generic particles of a few (don't remember the exact?) that make up matter.

FanimaidCafe.com

cappeh

protons and neutrons are made of quarks i think.

yeah, here's a wiki article about them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark

maybe something else too but that's as far as i know lol D:

hey i have another question
hi i lav u

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: cappeh on May 13, 2008, 11:32:49 PM
protons and neutrons are made of quarks i think.

yeah, here's a wiki article about them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark

maybe something else too but that's as far as i know lol D:

hey i have another question

Use your imagination.

FanimaidCafe.com

cappeh

ok

my guess is a catboy...girl...person (i have no idea wtf) with 2 tails... licking/humping the floor
m i close or wut
hi i lav u

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: cappeh on May 12, 2008, 10:12:57 PM

Because your soul chose that body for some reason? I know I chose mine... >.>; I dunno why I did; I just remember choosing. Actually I have an idea why... >.>; But it seems most people can't remember that kind of stuff so they don't really figure it out or get some sort of idea.

Maybe think about your life. What about it would make you choose that life?
What hobbies, opportunities, passions, or ways you'd influence might make you choose it?
How do you think your life would have played out if you weren't you?
Then look at what the differences would be.
And there are your reasons.

And as far as genetics and physical stuff go... the dominoes just happened to line up.
Its all just literally a flip of a coin based on what people previous to you have decided.
Though I think one's soul forms a good chunk of what you'd end up at.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Gatsby

Would the world be a better place without organized religion?

Steve.Young

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on May 14, 2008, 09:11:30 AM

Yes. If you have taken any sort of history class, you'll see many wars/billions of people dying/and persecution in history were motivated by religion.

Down with organized religion!!!!
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jun-Watarase

Well, while I don't have any religious beliefs, and are in most cases against the idea of organized religion... I don't think it's a bad thing that some spirituality exists. In many religions, people's behavior and morals are regulated by the idea of constantly being watched by their god, punishment, and fear of it. A lot of ideas of being moral and just comes from religious influences from youth. Another thing other than good morals and whatnot is hope. People need hope. It is in many cases, hypocritical and completely illogical, but many people in modern society that consider themselves religious acknowledge the possibility (fact) that it's all actually imaginary and created to explain things that humans weren't able to explain. Religion is a human invention, thus flawed, and it'd exist in some form or another.

FanimaidCafe.com

satanic_mechanic

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 14, 2008, 12:10:03 PM

Well, while I don't have any religious beliefs, and are in most cases against the idea of organized religion... I don't think it's a bad thing that some spirituality exists. In many religions, people's behavior and morals are regulated by the idea of constantly being watched by their god, punishment, and fear of it. A lot of ideas of being moral and just comes from religious influences from youth. Another thing other than good morals and whatnot is hope. People need hope. It is in many cases, hypocritical and completely illogical, but many people in modern society that consider themselves religious acknowledge the possibility (fact) that it's all actually imaginary and created to explain things that humans weren't able to explain. Religion is a human invention, thus flawed, and it'd exist in some form or another.

I both agree and disagree.  yes, religion is, in both ways, whether you are a believer or not, a human invention. the belief in higher power, however, is not; it has been around as long as upright man has looked up at the night sky and realized how truly small a human is.

in terms of social evolution, one could argue organized religion is an evolution from a period of relative amorality in the ancient era, a bridge between a time of despots and enlightened electorates.  it will not be long before people classify themselves more so as 'spiritual' rather then a 'believer.'  The structure of organized religion will soon dissipate, like an unnecessary organ, as humans begin to take their relationship with higher powers in the universe, ethics and philosophy into their own hands.

yes, human inventions are flawed, but will always be evolving. apes began with using a twig as an instrument to gather insects; ancient man forged tools from stone into better, more precise tools; religion or faith is a tool of universal understanding, and along with the evolution of humanity, will continue to change to better accomplish its aim.
"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -HD Thoreau

Moogleborg

How much food are human beings really able to hold in their stomachs? Like a fully grown adult male for example?

If a small cut or a puncture wound bleeds like a stream of water, is there something wrong?

Running on moé, 24/7/365.