Down with pocky!!!

Started by JTchinoy, May 05, 2008, 10:35:47 PM

pockystix

I feel no love from this thread. :(((((

Joking aside, despite my username I actually have grown out of my pocky liking. I don't like a lot of sweets anymore, really... I've been wanting to change my sn for the longest time; I twitch whenever someone calls me "pocky", but what can you do, right?

Quote from: Moonblossom on May 06, 2008, 08:44:23 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 06, 2008, 04:16:20 PM
You know what I like? Pepperidge Farm cookies. Especially Verona and Milano. Great with milk or coffee. :9

Mm, Mint Milano fan here.

You guise are hot. Mint Milanos are soooo good.
New sn = Meirin

JTchinoy

Those supporting the yan yan movement can add Anti-Pocky Movement 2008 to their siggys  ;D

And when you don't finish all of your frosting, you eat it off your finger. ;) That's what I do at least.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mister_E

You know what I like? Pepperidge Farm cookies. Especially Verona and Milano. Great with milk or coffee. :9
Now that's a damn good cookie.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

jazmatazz

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 06, 2008, 10:54:35 PM

Those remind me of these... straw...thingies. D: I forgot what they were but they were crispy and flaky and THEY CAME IN A RED METAL BOX. I liked those too. Ahh, childhood.
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

_Rena_

Quote from: jazmatazz on May 06, 2008, 11:22:26 PM

Those remind me of these... straw...thingies. D: I forgot what they were but they were crispy and flaky and THEY CAME IN A RED METAL BOX. I liked those too. Ahh, childhood.

Omg...makes me wanna go drive out and buy some right now...  >:(

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: pockystix on May 06, 2008, 10:39:40 PM
I feel no love from this thread. :(((((

Joking aside, despite my username I actually have grown out of my pocky liking. I don't like a lot of sweets anymore, really... I've been wanting to change my sn for the longest time; I twitch whenever someone calls me "pocky", but what can you do, right?

Quote from: Moonblossom on May 06, 2008, 08:44:23 PM

Mm, Mint Milano fan here.

You guise are hot. Mint Milanos are soooo good.

Oh I won't call you anymore. I'd rather just call you by your real name now. :P
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

jazmatazz

Quote from: _Rena_ on May 06, 2008, 11:24:16 PM
Quote from: jazmatazz on May 06, 2008, 11:22:26 PM

Omg...makes me wanna go drive out and buy some right now...  >:(

Ranch Market?! XD
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

JTchinoy

barquillos. ;)

I only get them when my dad brings them back from the philippines.  don't know why I don't just buy some at a local market. *shrug*

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

_Rena_

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 06, 2008, 11:43:52 PM
barquillos. ;)

I only get them when my dad brings them back from the philippines.  don't know why I don't just buy some at a local market. *shrug*

Hehe because you want the fresh ones not the ugly store ones. >:(

JTchinoy

my dad also brings me fresh pastillas from the philippines *_*

*gets more right before fanime*

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Emerge on May 06, 2008, 09:21:52 PM
did anyone else ever eat bland sticks, leaving one behind for a single, ultra-iced stick of messy mouth-orgasm-inducing awesome-ness?

Totally did.

But uh, yeah. I really love those straw-like cookies, especially the ones with strawberry filling. These are superior in quality and taste in comparison to both Pocky and Yan Yan. SUPERIOR. But Yan Yan and Pocky are parts of the typical Asian childhood, forever remembered as a cheap cookie. But hey, there are tons of nostalgic snacks out there.

Like those Haw Flake thingies, you know, came in tiny packs with coin-like pieces made from compressed hawthorn.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

questionette

Who needs pocky when you can have these little nuggets of joy *snicker*

and (I really like) these

Jun-Watarase

Pocky is made by Glico. Yan Yan is by Meiji. Shitloads of Asian snacks are made by one or the other. :U

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

questionette

Noooo those were pocky supporter foods!
Excuse my absent-mindedness

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

questionette

Kazuko

OMFG APOLLO <3333

Its so good with ice cream :d

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

HuggalotXOmocha

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 05, 2008, 10:35:47 PM
Oh I had no idea what pocky was, but I damn well knew every Filipino kid of the day grew up with Yan-Yans and those tiny jello cups.

I know straight ahead what you mean by 'those tiny jello cups'! I grew up with both Yan-Yan and those together. Pocky is overrated. Otakus like...orgasm over it or something. "OMFG POCKY! LULZ. POCKY RUULLEZ" x3 Especially the original chocolate one. I don't see what's so special about it. Persnally, I think it's bitter. >.o with it being dark chocolate and all.

We should stick to vegetables! xD