Down with pocky!!!

Started by JTchinoy, May 05, 2008, 10:35:47 PM

HuggalotXOmocha

Quote from: jazmatazz on May 06, 2008, 11:27:59 PM
Quote from: _Rena_ on May 06, 2008, 11:24:16 PM
Quote from: jazmatazz on May 06, 2008, 11:22:26 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on May 06, 2008, 10:54:35 PM

Those remind me of these... straw...thingies. D: I forgot what they were but they were crispy and flaky and THEY CAME IN A RED METAL BOX. I liked those too. Ahh, childhood.

Omg...makes me wanna go drive out and buy some right now...  >:(

Ranch Market?! XD

Love Letters, I think that's what they're called?

JTchinoy

I know them as barquillos.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: HuggalotXOmocha on May 08, 2008, 06:33:04 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on May 05, 2008, 10:35:47 PM
Oh I had no idea what pocky was, but I damn well knew every Filipino kid of the day grew up with Yan-Yans and those tiny jello cups.

I know straight ahead what you mean by 'those tiny jello cups'! I grew up with both Yan-Yan and those together. Pocky is overrated. Otakus like...orgasm over it or something. "OMFG POCKY! LULZ. POCKY RUULLEZ" x3 Especially the original chocolate one. I don't see what's so special about it. Persnally, I think it's bitter. >.o with it being dark chocolate and all.

We should stick to vegetables! xD

That's the thing. There ISN'T anything special about it.

Most Asian kids have had those tiny lychee jello cups. A lot of them grew up with both Pocky and Yan Yan. Both are okay snacks, both are overrated. Don't speak for Otaku when you say that they orgasm over the mention of Pocky-- there are tons of weeaboos that treat ANYTHING Asian and/or specifically Japanese the same way.

Pocky isn't bad. It's a cheap snack. I liked it as a kid, along with a shitload of other Glico and Meiji snacks and candies. The only reason people love or are against it is because it's a mainstream Asian snack advertised in America via anime. Liking it or hating doesn't make anyone cooler. It's just following a trend, then being against a trend after they get over it, assuming it's still trendy.

What about ramen? Those so-called otaku are all over that, amirite? There's good ramen, bad ramen, of which many of them can't even tell the difference. Ramen doesn't suck. It's not "otaku-food". They're noodles. It's food. You like them because they're tasty, not because you saw it on Naruto and think it'll make you cooler than everyone else.

Blah blah blah... if you don't like dark chocolate because it's bitter, maybe you shouldn't have chose dark chocolate? It's SUPPOSED to be bitter.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

I'm going to pretend i'm in denail for a second.

You're wrong! Yan yans forever!!!

/in denial

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Emerge

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 08, 2008, 07:13:48 PM
Quote from: HuggalotXOmocha on May 08, 2008, 06:33:04 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on May 05, 2008, 10:35:47 PM
Oh I had no idea what pocky was, but I damn well knew every Filipino kid of the day grew up with Yan-Yans and those tiny jello cups.

I know straight ahead what you mean by 'those tiny jello cups'! I grew up with both Yan-Yan and those together. Pocky is overrated. Otakus like...orgasm over it or something. "OMFG POCKY! LULZ. POCKY RUULLEZ" x3 Especially the original chocolate one. I don't see what's so special about it. Persnally, I think it's bitter. >.o with it being dark chocolate and all.

We should stick to vegetables! xD

That's the thing. There ISN'T anything special about it.

Most Asian kids have had those tiny lychee jello cups. A lot of them grew up with both Pocky and Yan Yan. Both are okay snacks, both are overrated. Don't speak for Otaku when you say that they orgasm over the mention of Pocky-- there are tons of weeaboos that treat ANYTHING Asian and/or specifically Japanese the same way.

Pocky isn't bad. It's a cheap snack. I liked it as a kid, along with a shitload of other Glico and Meiji snacks and candies. The only reason people love or are against it is because it's a mainstream Asian snack advertised in America via anime. Liking it or hating doesn't make anyone cooler. It's just following a trend, then being against a trend after they get over it, assuming it's still trendy.

What about ramen? Those so-called otaku are all over that, amirite? There's good ramen, bad ramen, of which many of them can't even tell the difference. Ramen doesn't suck. It's not "otaku-food". They're noodles. It's food. You like them because they're tasty, not because you saw it on Naruto and think it'll make you cooler than everyone else.

Blah blah blah... if you don't like dark chocolate because it's bitter, maybe you shouldn't have chose dark chocolate? It's SUPPOSED to be bitter.

A bit off topic, but...

I honestly can't touch ramen anymore.

You know those foods that your parents fed you all the time when you were a baby (not Gerber brand mushy gunk, actual food in a form you can identify) and you'd scarf it down not knowing any better? For me, it's ramen. I can't even look at a bowl of the stuff without having to turn my head away for air.

Back on topic...

JT, these pastillas, JT - OMG. OMG, JT, these pastillas. When I first had these, I thought they were going to be identical to White Rabbit or something. Pastillas put WR to freakin' shame. Sugary AND milky textures in the same damn package? Yes.

JTchinoy

My dad normally brings 4-5 boxes home from the philippines at a time. :)
Can't beat nice and fresh from the original makers of pastillas. ;)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Kazuko

mmmm barquillos :d I used to have a tin of thoes when I was little and last year

:d to be honest I did have pocky when I was a kid and up untill now I only like the decora/cake ones and the chestnut flavored along with strawberry.

But I also grew up with Peruvian snacks, Oh man I could go to town with a box full of princessa

jazmatazz

Let's all hold hands and make love and flowers. ^_______________________V
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

Mister_E

Quote from: jazmatazz on May 09, 2008, 02:16:53 AM
Wait wouldn't it be Make love and GROW flowers or did I miss somethin'?
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

jazmatazz

Quote from: Mister_E on May 09, 2008, 02:18:21 AM

Either way, 'cause this is SPARTA FANIME, anything is possible.
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: jazmatazz on May 09, 2008, 03:30:26 PM

Can I make love with the flowers?

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

satanic_mechanic

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 09, 2008, 05:41:48 PM

not unless youre a bee.

pocky's okay...

you are all wrong, though.  eff yan-yans... this is america. and in america, we support the girl scouts. 

part of that means eating thin mints, aka CRACK-COCAINE.

chocolate, mint, and apparently some sort of instananiously addicting substance combines to create the thin-mint, the emperor of snack foods, the vanguard of the girl scout cavalry.

none can defeat it.  none.
"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -HD Thoreau

JTchinoy

Quote from: satanic_mechanic on May 09, 2008, 05:59:05 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 09, 2008, 05:41:48 PM

not unless youre a bee.

pocky's okay...

you are all wrong, though.  eff yan-yans... this is america. and in america, we support the girl scouts. 

chocolate, mint, and apparently some sort of instananiously addicting substance combines to create the thin-mint, the emperor of snack foods, the vanguard of the girl scout cavalry.

WTF you doing in this thread if you're anti-yan yan? you're like a black power guy preaching to the KKK (no racism, just an analogy).  gtfo.  >:(

May the yan yan gods smite thee!!!

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

pockystix

OSNAP

Dude, amen. Thin mints are soooooo goddamn addicting. So bad for you, but sooooo good.
New sn = Meirin

G.I.R

Quote from: pockystix on May 10, 2008, 12:22:55 AM

OSNAP

Dude, amen. Thin mints are soooooo goddamn addicting. So bad for you, but sooooo good.
It's all about the Lemon Coolers yo!

cappeh

yeah i never really understood the whole craze with pocky either

but i fsckn love me some yan yans
my dad used to get me those all the time at that big green asian market on 4th st when i was little omfg they are so good :DDDDDD

those and hello panda cookies
hi i lav u

JTchinoy

I never had hello panda cookies. <_<;;

I had animal crackers =D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 10, 2008, 01:42:46 AM

I had animal crackers =D

You fail as an Asian.

FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 10, 2008, 01:50:57 AM
Quote from: JTchinoy on May 10, 2008, 01:42:46 AM

I had animal crackers =D

You fail as an Asian.
I realized that the moment I realized I couldn't speak tagalog, ilongo, mandarin, nor cantonese.  So yes, I'm aware.  At least I acknowledge it.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

cappeh

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
you need to get spanked for never having hello panda cookies

but srsly, go buy some, they're at like every asian market ever. and they're delicious.
hi i lav u