vacaville, fairfield, napa, and sacramento...I'm new to the state

Started by anomaly, May 05, 2008, 11:56:50 PM

anomaly

So, I just moved to Vacaville from Pennsylvania for work and personal reasons...AND I DONT KNOW ANYONE >_<

however..I'm looking for anyone whose willing to chat and or eventually hang out and watch anime...or talk anime...or really anything else in general..art..literature..cars..computers.

Gah, I dunno..I've been here for about a month..maybe I've made a few friends, but lets just say things are very different in CA than PA..and well..I'm looking for some awesome people that aren't going to always put me in very strange situations...I'll explain if you'd like to know.

Anyway. Feel free to reply...I'm going to be at the con..and it'd be great if I could at least know someone before I get there...::sigh:: I miss otakon....but I have a feeling that this con will be even better and I can't wait....its been a long time.

feel free to catch me on aim as codenameanomaly

^_^ see ya
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

--------------------------------------------------
Fanime 2008 ConOps

Steve.Young

Hi, welcome to liberal ville that is the bay area.

If you can't take the heat, move to the freezer.

Anyways, you should join staff next year. We are uber, awesome, and sexy. Meet new people all the time. Any staff. Just join =).
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

anomaly

haha, I tried...but I missed the cutoff, so Ill basically be doing over 20 hours of volunteer work for con ops...

I want to meet as many people as possible because I have no one out here...and well, its getting lonely lol.

but hey..I'm up for anything at any time...
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

Fanime 2008 ConOps

jazmatazz

Hey there! Moving sucks man, especially to another state, but ah well. You couldn't have landed in a more... er...weird(er?) place. But yeah, we're pretty frakkin' liberal here, lotta hippies and stuff but hey, it's a lovable (sorta) place. *puts on Ahnold accent*

Welcome to Cal-ah-foh-neeya
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

anomaly

;D lol I keep thinking how odd it is that the terminator is here..

Haha, hey I updated my profile with some info..my deviantart page etc..

but yea..seriously...I really like it here aside from the lack of friends...that'll change I think though, 6 years of technical support has kind of turned me into a people person...I currently work in napa for McAfee Hackersafe

but hey..is there anything to do out here other than go to bars?  I've getting bored...to so bored that I started to write a cyberpunk novel...and I'm no writer....I really can't wait for the con its going to be awesome...I can't wait to meet everyone..I'm really really really looking forward to it.

Fanime 2008 ConOps

jazmatazz

There's plenty PLENTY of places in the Bay Area if you know where you're going. Since you live in Vacaville... uhh, lessee. What kinda stuff are ya into? Huh, first place I'd suggest is the city centre of San Francisco. Hella typical and tourist-y, but it's a major taste of what's to offer. The environment changes between each city, too. Like...half an hour from Oakland is Pleasanton, and each is SO different it's almost mind boggling. I figure the best way to get a feel of a new area is just getting lost. XD Mind you, get lost with a GPS so you could at least get back home without burning too big of a hole in your wallet from gas prices. o_o

Edit ~ I realize that that post was rambly and didn't make much sense. Sorry. Lawl
"who said skanks?!"

anomaly

:) I have a tom tom...so far I've been to SF...to drop my father at the airport, folsom..to train some new sales reps...fairfield as I made a friend :)...napa..I work there...dixon..another freind ^_^ and davis...the same friend ^^__^^

however getting lost by yourself is no fun....I, like most people...am a bit shy...and it takes a bit for me to open up in public....maybe a few drinks :P

that being said...yea...I'm glad to be talking to people in cali...even if you guys/girls do tend to say hella quite often hehe... Us philly folk aren't exactly up on the lingo..

but yea..shoot ideas my way, I'm all for it.

Fanime 2008 ConOps

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: anomaly on May 06, 2008, 12:48:31 AM
:) I have a tom tom...so far I've been to SF...to drop my father at the airport, folsom..to train some new sales reps...fairfield as I made a friend :)...napa..I work there...dixon..another freind ^_^ and davis...the same friend ^^__^^

however getting lost by yourself is no fun....I, like most people...am a bit shy...and it takes a bit for me to open up in public....maybe a few drinks :P

that being said...yea...I'm glad to be talking to people in cali...even if you guys/girls do tend to say hella quite often hehe... Us philly folk aren't exactly up on the lingo..

but yea..shoot ideas my way, I'm all for it.

I'll be heading up to Davis this incoming weekend to go see some friends of mine. I live south of here, so about an hours drive from Vacaville. Most of the people that post here live in the san jose area, with everyone else scattered. Come join us for gatherings and stuff. There was a gathering planned for the speed racer movie this weekend, but it looks like it's not happening. Anyway, just aim or pm us and maybe we can get something going. Welcome to the bay area btw. I'm not a bar person, but I like to drink lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

anomaly

nets being slow considering all I have to use at the moment is my palm to connect my machine...so if you could post your aim name that would be much easier...refresh is a wonderful tool

Fanime 2008 ConOps

LadyKaren

Quote from: anomaly on May 05, 2008, 11:56:50 PM
So, I just moved to Vacaville from Pennsylvania for work and personal reasons...AND I DONT KNOW ANYONE >_<

however..I'm looking for anyone whose willing to chat and or eventually hang out and watch anime...or talk anime...or really anything else in general..art..literature..cars..computers.

Gah, I dunno..I've been here for about a month..maybe I've made a few friends, but lets just say things are very different in CA than PA..and well..I'm looking for some awesome people that aren't going to always put me in very strange situations...I'll explain if you'd like to know.

Anyway. Feel free to reply...I'm going to be at the con..and it'd be great if I could at least know someone before I get there...::sigh:: I miss otakon....but I have a feeling that this con will be even better and I can't wait....its been a long time.

feel free to catch me on aim as codenameanomaly

^_^ see ya

Wow. Vacaville. I'm sorry.

I used to live up in Benicia (further down 680 from you) till about a year ago. I now live down in San Jose, but I can still tell you this; there is nothing to do up there.

:)

anomaly

I was just in benicia the other night at about 4am...some random girl was ditched on her 25th birthday in walnut creek. :(...I gave her a ride home....I didn't realize that benicia was so far out of the way...ohwell..Im glad she got home safe and wasn't raped or anything...that being said...vacaville isn't all that bad...some little bars here and there, but davis seems to be the busier of the areas...I dunno..I work in napa, and napa is to expensive to live, so I'm kinda stuck...either way, its better than philly...and a crap load cheaper too...alright i need to sleep I have work at 8 and my drive is about an hour with traffic hahahaha

gnight ^_^

Fanime 2008 ConOps

Steve.Young

Davis is in the middle of nowhere...just like the rest of those places up there.

You could go to six flags or something.

OH EM GEE, SIX FLAGS TRIP!

San Jose and San Francisco ftw.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jerry

welcome to the boards.

if you could afford it, keep randomly posting here in the gatherings threads.

some of us are road warriors and dont mind driving for gatherings or hang outs. with the summer around the standard on our boards is:

Mall hangouts
Movie hangouts
Random house parties *cough*
Random events listed in the gatherings section

or of course you could go this thing called fanime in about 17 days...
I think its called Fanime?

See ya there.  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

jazmatazz

*seconds above comment*

Yeah, go to the con. Plenty of Bay folks to interact with and the majority of them aren't crazy.
"who said skanks?!"

Jerry

Quote from: jazmatazz on May 06, 2008, 11:20:43 AM
*seconds above comment*

Yeah, go to the con. Plenty of Bay folks to interact with and the majority of them aren't crazy.

nah, I'm NOT crazy,but im sorta afraid to see what "normal" is...  :P

jazmatazz

Tch! Actually, in fanime, normal constitutes as crazy, therefore you are crazy.
"who said skanks?!"

Jerry

this coming from a girl with an avatar of herself at the local gun range...

please remind me to stay on your good side.  :P

I'm not currently wearing my ironman suit at the moment.

jazmatazz

Quote from: Jerry on May 06, 2008, 11:34:42 AM

haha, it takes a lot to get on my bad side don't worry. No need for the suit.
But digressing back to the OT, there isssss a bowling place in Vacaville. Lazer tag and arcade and sports bar and such. You're never too old for that type of fun, yee!
"who said skanks?!"

LadyKaren

Quote from: anomaly on May 06, 2008, 03:03:48 AM
I was just in benicia the other night at about 4am...some random girl was ditched on her 25th birthday in walnut creek. :(...I gave her a ride home....I didn't realize that benicia was so far out of the way...ohwell..Im glad she got home safe and wasn't raped or anything...that being said...vacaville isn't all that bad...some little bars here and there, but davis seems to be the busier of the areas...I dunno..I work in napa, and napa is to expensive to live, so I'm kinda stuck...either way, its better than philly...and a crap load cheaper too...alright i need to sleep I have work at 8 and my drive is about an hour with traffic hahahaha

gnight ^_^

You work in Napa but live in Vacaville. That's a communte. What do you do in Napa?

Steve.Young

Quote from: Jerry on May 06, 2008, 11:34:42 AM

That's hawt. No joke.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com