Quote from: Chewie on May 12, 2008, 10:27:00 AM
Modesto > all that other junk.

=P

There is nothing to do in Modesto, stop lying to the guy. D:
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

Rei-Rei

anomaly

"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

--------------------------------------------------
Fanime 2008 ConOps

Chewie

Quote from: jazmatazz on May 13, 2008, 01:30:02 PM

=P

There's more to do here than where he lives and if he likes music, we have a lot of it here.

anomaly

"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

Fanime 2008 ConOps

SOawesomeness

[flier]
That's a flier for a concert up in Fairfield, decent bands. That'll be Razing Alexandria's last performance before the officially break up.

It'd totally go but it's too far for me.
(: Just letting you know, since it seems like it's around your area.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

anomaly

Fanime 2008 ConOps

Taka86

Modesto = Failtown.   Nothing to do there.
people either, A: cruise the mall, B: Try hangin out at Boomers or C: the Fat Cat in Downtown.  and thats pretty much it. the only good thing Ive seen come outta modesto is maybe x-fest.
I like pie

Chewie

Quote from: Taka86 on May 13, 2008, 10:48:26 PM
people either, A: cruise the mall, B: Try hangin out at Boomers or C: the Fat Cat in Downtown.  and thats pretty much it. the only good thing Ive seen come outta modesto is maybe x-fest.

At what could possibly be me sounding like a hypocrite, don't knock it.

I was kidding when I said what I did and while we're definitely not SF or even Sac, we have our ups and our downs. 

And having lived in cities that are anywhere from 10,000 people to 10 million, I can tell you, it all gets boring after awhile.

There is a huge music scene here as well. All kinds and creeds. Don't know what rock you live/lived under while here but that is one thing we have in abundance.

Jerry

So is there actually gathering posted somewhere in this thread?

???

I cant tell.
Should we have a welcome to the state party for anomaly ?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

rude32

Quote from: jazmatazz on May 13, 2008, 01:30:02 PM

=P

There aint a damn thing to do anywhere in the valley.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

anomaly

Fanime 2008 ConOps

blancoisma

Hey there anomaly!

Dude, be glad you don't live in the pit that is Mendocino County. I live in it, and believe me when I say that there is nothing to do. We have the ocean, and that's it. But, if ya ever find yourself up in these parts, let me know, we can hang. God only knows how badly I need friends XD
"Well, I'm already going to hell for kissing you so I may as well take the scenic route."

-Aaron Davis, Latter Days

anomaly

Fanime 2008 ConOps

blancoisma

Uh let's see...I'm always horrible with placing these things. Mendocino County is north of Sonoma county. So, farther up from Santa Rosa. I always tell people it's about a three-four and half hour drive from the bay area.
"Well, I'm already going to hell for kissing you so I may as well take the scenic route."

anomaly

well, just let me know when you'd wanna hang out, best after con though.  But I have no problem with long drives to hang out with friends ^_^ I've already done 9 hours to hang out for a weekend when I was back in PA...hehe hell I just love driving...actually i'm trying to plan a trip to the nearest track sometime soon.

I miss racing :(

Fanime 2008 ConOps

blancoisma

Quote from: anomaly on May 14, 2008, 01:14:14 PM
well, just let me know when you'd wanna hang out, best after con though.  But I have no problem with long drives to hang out with friends ^_^ I've already done 9 hours to hang out for a weekend when I was back in PA...hehe hell I just love driving...actually i'm trying to plan a trip to the nearest track sometime soon.

Awesome! And with my job, I always have the weekends free, so I have no problem making the drive to hang out with people. I'm always the one going down to Berkeley to see my friends at college, so yeah, it'd be fun. I start my vacation this Friday, which I am SO stoked over. It will give me time to finish up with my cosplay before Fanime. Maybe I can catch ya there too : )

anomaly

Same with my job :).  My vacation is only from friday to monday of memorial day weekend...I haven't been here long enough yet :)....but um yea! I'm gonna start making a list of all the awesome people I need to meet at the con....and at this point THERES NOT ENOUGH TIME AT CON TO DO THAT CAUSE EVERYONE IS AWESOME!!!!

that being said I need to go prove the concept of Blind SQL Injection to this client real quick by stealing a few hundred cc #'s :: rages fist ::

caio`

Fanime 2008 ConOps

Taka86

Quote from: Chewie on May 14, 2008, 02:05:38 AM
Quote from: Taka86 on May 13, 2008, 10:48:26 PM

At what could possibly be me sounding like a hypocrite, don't knock it.

I was kidding when I said what I did and while we're definitely not SF or even Sac, we have our ups and our downs. 

And having lived in cities that are anywhere from 10,000 people to 10 million, I can tell you, it all gets boring after awhile.

There is a huge music scene here as well. All kinds and creeds. Don't know what rock you live/lived under while here but that is one thing we have in abundance.
I always knock modesto, having living there for 10 years and also living in the west side of town off of Paradise so dont take it the wrong way =p
I still have plenty of friends there
I like pie

Taka86

Quote from: anomaly on May 14, 2008, 01:14:14 PM

what do you drive and what type of racing do you do?  Auto-x? Drift? Track Style racing? there arent many places to go for racing, you should check the SCCA website for SOLO 2 autocross days or the Thunderhill website for grip/slip. 
I like pie