A Question Regarding Scheduling

Started by Nazaki, May 06, 2008, 10:03:43 PM

Nazaki

Hello, all! I just have a simple inquiry.

I remember my first FanimeCon, several years ago. At that time, I was able to download / print a pdf of the complete schedule for the weekend a day or more before the actual event. The last few years, that has not been available and attendees have had to rely on the handouts they recieve the day of the convention. I was just wondering if there would be schedules available before the convention this year, or if I was on my own again.

Thank you very much for your time! =D

(This is by no means meant to sound rude; I can only imagine the amount of energy it must take to organize something so large-scale, but it seems silly to focus on adding new things such as the ball and cafe - as much as I love them - if it sacrifices convenience)
Mango cake. It's like strawberry cake. But with mangoes instead of strawberries.

Look for me at Fanime! I'll be the chick wearing a red velvet dress, dead on the floor from heat stroke.

SOawesomeness

As far as anyone knows, the schedule should come out soon, hopefully before the con. There are the movie/video schedule up already, and if the guy who schedules stuff gets what's happening on that day from other people and when, it should be there a week or two before the con...

Wait, in 2007 there was a schedule up on the website... it was up a few weeks before Fanime. :0 Perhaps you weren't paying attention/couldn't find it. (:
But we're all working hard to put everything together before the con. After all, there is only less than three weeks before the con. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Nazaki

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 06, 2008, 10:15:36 PM
Wait, in 2007 there was a schedule up on the website... it was up a few weeks before Fanime. :0 Perhaps you weren't paying attention/couldn't find it. (:
Ah! Was there one last year? I guess I just never found it =O where are the schedules usually posted when they're completed?
Mango cake. It's like strawberry cake. But with mangoes instead of strawberries.

Look for me at Fanime! I'll be the chick wearing a red velvet dress, dead on the floor from heat stroke.

the otaku god

is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

astroboy

Quote from: Nazaki on May 06, 2008, 10:03:43 PM(This is by no means meant to sound rude; I can only imagine the amount of energy it must take to organize something so large-scale, but it seems silly to focus on adding new things such as the ball and cafe - as much as I love them - if it sacrifices convenience)
FanimeCon sacrifices nothing.
As what upper management likes to remind the rank and file staff
The flogging will continue until ALL work is done!

The ball and cafe are pretty neat but my all-time favorite "additions" would be the fanime website slowly turning into a web 2.0 application.  ;)

LadyKaren

Quote from: astroboy on May 13, 2008, 01:01:10 AM
The ball and cafe are pretty neat but my all-time favorite "additions" would be the fanime website slowly turning into a web 2.0 application.  ;)

1.) Thanks, 2.) Don't get your hopes up for next year.

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: the otaku god on May 12, 2008, 05:08:35 PM
this schedule has been up since may
http://www.fanime.com/file_download/39/fanimecon+2008+schedule.pdf

hope that helps
I think she's referring to a schedule of all events not just anime. >.>;
The anime schedule is always up in time, its the other one that sometimes takes way too long.
Its nice to know ahead when panels, signings, and so forth are going to be.

I do hope its up on time. Last year, I only heard about the signing for one of my fave seiyuus through word of mouth.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

LadyKaren

Oh look! The Schedule! How nice of the webmaster to put it on the front page.

Click HERE to download the entire PDF!

Kyokun

Yay!  Thanks!  Now we can plan out our weekend.   :D

GokuMew2

Psst! There's a typo on page 3 at the bottom in the Meet the Guests section.
Fairmont Hotel from 11pm to 1pm? Those guys are gonna be dead tired! Hehe.
None of the GAINAX panels are announced yet?? I hope they don't interfere with any of Kiuchi's panels...

Is the autograph panel schedule going to be put up as well? I'd rather know ahead of time instead of having to find out at-con. I mean, I think people need to know what they need to bring to get signed and when. Thanks!
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Gwydion

Wow, the main schedule is a week early, readable and in one piece. That's got to be a record, or a minor miracle. ::grins::

astroboy

Quote from: GokuMew2 on May 16, 2008, 09:15:08 AM
Psst! There's a typo on page 3 at the bottom in the Meet the Guests section.
Fairmont Hotel from 11pm to 1pm? Those guys are gonna be dead tired! Hehe.

One of these days somebody will invent a wiki schedule and that will allow a fanime staffer to login and make updates on the fly.  :)

one of these days....

OGIGA

The link to the 2008 schedule seems dead. So, can I get an idea of the 2009 schedule? I need to find out if I should take the day off on Friday. Specifically, when does registration check-in officially begin?

GokuMew2

Quote from: OGIGA on December 27, 2008, 02:55:20 PM
The link to the 2008 schedule seems dead. So, can I get an idea of the 2009 schedule? I need to find out if I should take the day off on Friday. Specifically, when does registration check-in officially begin?

A schedule won't be up til about a week before the con.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

OGIGA

Okay. So when did the check-in begin in 2008?

Nyxyin

According to my program guide, 2008 registration hours were 5pm - 8pm Thursday and 8am - 8pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  There were a few years when they didn't open right when the schedule said they would, but I think they've been getting better at it recently.

OGIGA

Thanks, Nyxyin. So it looks like this thing takes up the entire Friday too so I should take Friday off.

Nyxyin

You're welcome, OGIGA!  :)

I definitely enjoyed spending Friday at Fanime in previous years.  In case you might be curious, here's a link to a earlier post I made about Friday:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,11243.msg297649.html#msg297649

I should probably also add that past experience is no guarantee of future events.  ;)