HELP! Wig Question

Started by Akira Miyamoto, May 06, 2008, 11:39:54 PM

Akira Miyamoto

Uhh, I bought a wig for my cosplay, and it occurred to me a little late that the shade was a bit...dark. I had the idea to dye it... But I'm kinda afraid that the dye would damage the wig, which would be very bad. If this is a stupid, stupid query, keep in mind that I've never dealt with hair dye before. But yeah, Fanime is getting very close, and it'd be nice to know if I can fix my mistake beforehand.
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, stick dynamite down his throat and he'll go with a full belly."

Kandybar

Just so you know, it's almost impossible to make a wig a lighter color. 

But if you decide you want to try anyway, I'd recommend checking out the Wigs forum over at cosplay.com - there's instructions for a couple different safe ways to dye wigs, including Sharpies, FW ink, and copic markers.

Akira Miyamoto

Quote from: Kandybar on May 07, 2008, 07:22:32 AM
Just so you know, it's almost impossible to make a wig a lighter color. 

But if you decide you want to try anyway, I'd recommend checking out the Wigs forum over at cosplay.com - there's instructions for a couple different safe ways to dye wigs, including Sharpies, FW ink, and copic markers.

Ahhh, crap. Well, thanks for telling me.
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, stick dynamite down his throat and he'll go with a full belly."