I am scared...

Started by MISSdarkland, May 07, 2008, 10:47:05 PM

MISSdarkland

You see I went into DMV about 4 weeks ago and there is only 2 weeks till fanime. If I don't get my ID till then what am I suppossed to do. I am 14 and I can't use my school's ID so I am scared that I might not get into fanime because of it...

shinjiboy

Here's a quote from their main page:

"Registration staff will randomly check for government ID during badge pickup at Con, you must have a government issued ID card for this process. Your passport, driver's license, state ID, or military ID are acceptable and you must have the original documents (not a photocopy). We're sorry, school ID's are not acceptable."

Do you by any chance have your passport?  Best of luck.

SOawesomeness

If you have any issues in terms of I.D. and you cannot find one, you can always e-mail registration and ask them what to do. :0
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

AnimeEmperor

I think I didn't get mine for about 5 weeks, you should still get yours in time hopefully.

FanFicGuru

Note, from the very same Registration page that says you NEED a state ID:

Please note that it is not impossible to pickup your badge without a government ID, but the process is time consuming and will impact other members' wait in line.

In other words...if you don't get it in time, don't worry. Just bring some form of photo ID and the knowledge of what you put on your pre-registration form.

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

M

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 08, 2008, 12:14:02 PMJust bring some form of photo ID and the knowledge of what you put on your pre-registration form.
I would say 'best form of photo ID.' ;)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

milan

Hopefully it will come in time..Mine came in about a week, and last week I went with my parents to get a passport for out trip to Vietnam next Spring, and my passport came this week. O_O!! You could try contacting the DMV and asking them if your ID is ready yet...

zemric

i got my state id in about 4 weeks so it should be there soon.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

Rette

If you're a minor, can't you get a parent who does have I.D. to vouch for you? That's how it works in airports.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

SOawesomeness

Parents aren't a form of valid government identification. o.0
If I was desperate enough, I'd grab some random adult and have them vouch for me if I needed to check in and "parents" worked.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Rette

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 08, 2008, 06:28:25 PM

Well they sort of are, since they are legally responsible for you until you're 18.
And if nothing else, they DO have government I.D. which in most cases would have the same last name, and probably address, phone number etc. that you registered with.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

KyraEnsui

Give it a few days and then try call the DMV office on it. It should be done by then... Yeah, email them [registration at fanime.com].

Quote from: Rette on May 08, 2008, 06:32:07 PM

Well they sort of are, since they are legally responsible for you until you're 18.
And if nothing else, they DO have government I.D. which in most cases would have the same last name, and probably address, phone number etc. that you registered with.
Well, in some cases, there are kids who don't have the same last name as parents.

Rette

Quote from: KyraEnsui on May 08, 2008, 06:49:38 PM
Give it a few days and then try call the DMV office on it. It should be done by then... Yeah, email them [registration at fanime.com].

Quote from: Rette on May 08, 2008, 06:32:07 PM

Well, in some cases, there are kids who don't have the same last name as parents.

That's why I said "in most cases" =)

DN6412

I already e-mailed the registration staff member and he said that a student ID is fine. It's just time consuming I guess . . . ?

I'm fourteen too and my mom doesn't trust me with my own passport alone since I might lose it.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: DN6412 on May 09, 2008, 09:50:31 PM
I already e-mailed the registration staff member and he said that a student ID is fine. It's just time consuming I guess . . . ?

I'm fourteen too and my mom doesn't trust me with my own passport alone since I might lose it.

Yeah. It always ends up like that. Just bring your ID and knowledge of what you put down on your pre-registration thing, like address...etc.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Nyxyin

Would a photocopy of a passport be accepted?  That's what I did when traveling through Asia.  The passport gets tucked in somewhere safe, and I pulled it out only for airport security.  The tour guides that wanted to see a passport were fine with the photocopy.

SOawesomeness

Photocopies won't be accepted. :0
Your I.D. has to be an original...
If anything, just put it in the little safe in your hotel room afterwards. (the I'd set an alarm for about when I'm going to check out of the hotel room to remind myself that it's in there).
Ellie S.
Head of Registration