It's my mega girly side probably...even though that's most of me.

Started by Mango Bunny, May 11, 2008, 03:09:22 AM

Mango Bunny

I know oodles of you cosplay. I would except I have funding/talent issues. So I am limited to non-cosplay clothing. But does anyone else sort of 'dress up' for fanime? Like, dress sort of differently or maybe just cooler? Because I do, or at least try to. And I think I'm probably silly for doing so. I wanted to know if I have brethren.

I also save clothes for Fanime. Like, my favorite shirt I've only worn once before because I wanted to wear it sometime really cool.

I just really enjoy parading around in showy outfits and things, and everyday life isn't always the most appropriate to do so. Plus I want to look hecka good for fanime. Whoooooooo

This is also a 3 am way to express my excitement. (Even though I'm not sure I can go this year. ;_;)

BrightHeart76

I change my clothes a bit, mostly because I don't have to wear work clothes the whole time.  I wear more fun stuff.

My main change is my hair.  Every year for Fanime I dye my hair BRIGHT pink.  I do it for a few reasons.  The main one is that it helps with Social Anxiety.  If I can reason that people are staring at my hair and not at me it's a lot easier for me to deal with such a large crowd.  I also enjoy being a little wilder then I am in real life.  I think I choose pink because when I was a kid I LOVED Jem and the Holograms.  So I guess I'm channeling a bit of childhood joy as well.

I think it's great that you're putting energy into your fanime wardrobe!  Have fun!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

luckyends

ya some people do they dress in like kitty hats and rocker pants or things that look anime esque there are always a bunch of guys who dress realy slutty and put on a pair of cat ears and then there are the people who sometimes crossdress just for fun at fanime it all depends
i had a friend who dressed up realy weirdly just taking random things from her closet not from any specific anime and she got like 10 pictures of her funny eh?
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

Oniko

if I'm not in costume I'll normally have on cat ears, panda ears, those silly anime based hats, or my Haruhi headband.  I went to a con once with no costume or any of these things and I was just bummed out.  I felt like I needed somethingto really get into the mood with everyone else.  So yes I do dress differently for Fanime  ;D
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

TC X0 Lt 0X

Well Lt(I), have Finally placed Lt's Naruto Headband on Lt's Jacket of Glory. Lt has been wanting to do this for a while, and than Lt found Lt's Pocket Knife, A set of Pliers, and a Flat-head Screwdriver, and Lt's jacket and headband where laying around, so Lt made a monstrosity.

Lt loves Lt's Jacket of Glory =3

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Tony

I try to dress in a suit. Maybe I will this year, but I noticed that it's very rarely reflective of how I feel, so I'll probably be in jeans and a t-shirt. But maybe I'll get some really nice jeans and t-shirts.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

phoenixphire24

Some people also dress in traditional Japanese clothing, like kimono or hakama. I myself plan to but a yukata at con and wear it one day. You'll also find people wearing all sort of shirts with geeky things on them, mostly relating to anime, but other things as well. 

Kazuko

lulz I just dress in clothes but with Style~ making sure everything is coordinated :d

lacus

I love anime and fashion ;D
If you really dont have any costume, you could just do some punk style/fashion clothing

for example,
A rock sytle T-shirt or tokidoki T-shirt or just a black or white Tee + mini skirt or short + boots.
with a few cool accessories like black/leather bracelet.

if you want to express your feminine side,
you can just have a simple white dress + brown leather accessories such as boots/sandals + bag.

of course you can always put a pair of cat ears or a bunny tail on your clothes.

Mango Bunny

I think some people may have gotten the wrong idea... I'm not looking for ideas, I was just wondering if anyone had practices akin to mine. =P
It's good to hear I'm not alone.

I wish I could dye my hair bright pink for fanime, it's always been my dream. However, I am on a job hunt and it would not work so well there. ;_;

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 11, 2008, 07:52:36 PM
I think some people may have gotten the wrong idea... I'm not looking for ideas, I was just wondering if anyone had practices akin to mine. =P

I wish I could dye my hair bright pink for fanime, it's always been my dream. However, I am on a job hunt and it would not work so well there. ;_;

If you want I have a bottle of temporary pink paint for hair.  It doesn't really make your hair sticky like most do and it's super bright.  However, if your hair is dark it won't show up.  I can bring it if you want to try a pink streak for a day.  It washes right out as soon as it gets wet.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

LadyKaren

Quote from: Tony on May 11, 2008, 04:03:37 PM
I try to dress in a suit. Maybe I will this year, but I noticed that it's very rarely reflective of how I feel, so I'll probably be in jeans and a t-shirt. But maybe I'll get some really nice jeans and t-shirts.

Can you convince Matt to? I told him he should but he just won't listen. Maybe if he knows your doing it, then he'll do it.

Mango Bunny

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 11, 2008, 08:19:34 PM

If you want I have a bottle of temporary pink paint for hair.  It doesn't really make your hair sticky like most do and it's super bright.  However, if your hair is dark it won't show up.  I can bring it if you want to try a pink streak for a day.  It washes right out as soon as it gets wet.

Thanks a lot for the offer, it's really nice. ^^ however I'll have to refuse. I fear my hair is too finicky (aka it needs to be brushed and redone waaaay often) to stay settled with pink in. But for future reference, what brand is it?

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 14, 2008, 09:37:08 PM
Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 11, 2008, 08:19:34 PM

Thanks a lot for the offer, it's really nice. ^^ however I'll have to refuse. I fear my hair is too finicky (aka it needs to be brushed and redone waaaay often) to stay settled with pink in. But for future reference, what brand is it?

It's called "Streakers" I get it at Ulta, they have 5 or 6 different colors.