Mother's Day! What'd you do for her?

Started by SOawesomeness, May 11, 2008, 11:35:12 AM

SOawesomeness

I got mine roses and lunch at some place she wanted to eat brunch in, and a gift certificate.
Of course, my brother did all of the planning and my sister made the reservations. I just pitched in. xD
I'm so bad at presents...

What'd you do for her?
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Kazuko

I wrote a poem for my mom and I gave her a gold necklace =) were also planning a bbq and she got flowers

our moms a queen

Steve.Young

I bought her flowers o.O

Typical Asian Family gathering as well.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Moonblossom

I've made arrangements to get my mom a present at Fanime, so I made her a little IOU ticket, and did some work in the garden for her. She loves gardening but hates the "grunt" work like washing the deck, putting out the furniture, etc. I'm sunburnt now ><

RyuHayabusa

I took my mom to dinner today. It's the least I could do cause I wasn't here at my house for the mother's day party that my family threw. She enjoyed it very much :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Makou

Went to eat at a restaurant. Went to the grocery store to get food for the next week. Then she helped me get all the fucking moths out of the pantry. Takano 101 on those suckers. And, uh, we talked about how we were going to handle the harassing fuckwad who keeps harassing us aka the step dad.

JTchinoy

bought her a bouquet.
my bro and i accompanied her to church then we watch iron man (again) with our cousins for our mother's day event.

then my mom bought me groceries for my apartment. :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

BrightHeart76

I remembered her fondly. 

My mother has been gone for almost 8 years now and I have no children of my own.  Today is a sad day for me. :'(

To all of the mothers on the boards, Happy Mothers Day.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Jun-Watarase

I made my mum some stuff for her phone, but I won't be seeing her all day, today. Mikey called his mum, who lives relatively far from here. It's adorable listening in on when he's asking how she's doing and saying things like "Happy Mother's Day" and "I love you, Mom" Makes my heart melt. =)

I won't be a mother any time soon.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Mister_E

A small chessecake, a card with mine my dad and my sister's anem on it, and as a gift this fancy ceral bowl (my mom like ceral)
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

slimchance

We just got back from dinner.  I took my mom out for Crawfish Lousiana style... awesome..hahahah

Dragon Ninja

Me and my family had a home-cooked brunch together, I gave my mom a very nice card, my sister gave her coffee from Starbucks, and to finish the day, were all together for a home-cooked dinner.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

questionette

My mom's birthday was 3 days ago (and I pretty much emptied my wallet for her)...so we didn't do too much but go see my grandparents and have a nice lunch :D

otakuapprentice

i had to work....so i fell back on the old staple of getting her a card....and $100 bucks.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Runewitt

Flowers in a nice vase and i cooked dinner for everyone.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

zoupzuop2

My family woke up and made breakfast (Cinnamon Rolls, Bacon, Oranges and Scrambled Eggs), and we presented our gifts. As with every year, I composed something classical-sounding (she likes classical stuff). Also, my brother and I were inspired to write a very... un-PC joke song about mothers... which she also liked. After lunch we headed over to see our grandmother (my mom's mom... yes, I see the irony :P ) and we celebrated further there.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Barnes

I went with my mom to Bay Meadows. Luckily, she won on almost all the races she bet on.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

error00004

I....made her....CHOCOLATE CANDIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and she didn't share D;
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ

felicity869

I couldn't get the weekend off work and my mom lives all the way up in Sacramento. :( So I sent her flowers, to the wrong address. Aperantly the address saved in my GPS is the right street but the wrong house number. So she won't get her flowers for a few more days. I fail.

JohnnyAR

I gave her a braclet with rubies on it that I found some time ago