An Cafe concert tickets

Started by jemz, May 12, 2008, 12:11:19 AM

Inuashley

Sorry to be a little nitpicky, but I'm kind of worried; are camera phones allowed? I definitely wouldn't be taking pictures with it, but I need to have my cell phone on me if possible.
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

phen

thanks for the reply in regards to the gift-giving [and sorry for my late one!], good luck with finalizing everything :]
I'll continue to check back here.

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: Inuashley on May 14, 2008, 07:07:51 PM
Sorry to be a little nitpicky, but I'm kind of worried; are camera phones allowed? I definitely wouldn't be taking pictures with it, but I need to have my cell phone on me if possible.

As far as camera phones go, I know that some S.O.S. staff may not be as strict in enforcing the non-use of camera phones at MusicFest(and other events where photography is not allowed) in general since 99% of the time, the image quality from camera phones tend to be really crappy and unfocused, so my guess is that camera phones will most likely be allowed(but that's a guess so don't take my word for it).

But I think MusicFest might have a different policy regarding An Cafe though...

On another note, the ticket giving process is pretty much get in line, show badge, let MF staff type in badge number into the system, pick up ticket, and leave, correct? How much time does the MF staff estimate that this ticket processing should take for each badged person in line?

My only concern regarding the process is both the processing rate of tickets and the length of time the booth is open, especially for Friday because there will be the following people in line for one of each shift:
*staff
*reserved ticketholders, including pre-regged and early-regged people
*and people attempting to get the 155 tickets per shift

Compared to on Thursday:
*staff
*reserved ticketholders under pre-reg

I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe there could be a crucial flaw in the Friday hours because by the time the rest of the line reaches the ticket booth(for both 9-10 and 5-6 times), it'll be closed because time is up. The only people I can see losing out in this scenario is some staff and reserved ticketholders(especially for early-regged people) at the worst. I'm probably missing a very important point, but I'll figure it out eventually XD.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining about all of MF's hard work. lol(I'm not trying to, though.)

But yeah, I know, I know. MF is working hard at it and I'm fully aware that I'm not as knowledgeable about line processing as most staff here is. Then there's the whole "If you can't get in line early enough to get a ticket, your fault" logic... I'm not concerned about getting my own ticket at all. I just wanted to bring that possible concern up since I know some of my friends on staff who want to see the concert may not be at the con until Friday afternoon and I want to help them construct a game plan so that they can get a decent shot at it(at the least).

slimchance

I already preregistered.  I still can go back to my account and enter the promotion code for An Cafe right?  Is there any paper or email saying that i reserve the ticket for the concert? I just want to make sure because I don't want to get there and staffs said i didn't reserve. 

Tony

Quote from: slimchance on May 14, 2008, 11:59:25 PM
I already preregistered.  I still can go back to my account and enter the promotion code for An Cafe right?  Is there any paper or email saying that i reserve the ticket for the concert? I just want to make sure because I don't want to get there and staffs said i didn't reserve. 
You can still get in; the deadline is tonight, I believe. There are no receipts; it's logged on our side in the database.

Quote from: Shi_Musouka on May 14, 2008, 09:08:34 PM
On another note, the ticket giving process is pretty much get in line, show badge, let MF staff type in badge number into the system, pick up ticket, and leave, correct? How much time does the MF staff estimate that this ticket processing should take for each badged person in line?
I did the math, and the answer is "just enough".  ;D

QuoteMy only concern regarding the process is ...
Don't worry, we've thought of that. The information on the website is only half of the story, and critical departments (including yours) have been informed.  ;D

Quote from: Inuashley on May 14, 2008, 07:07:51 PM
Just don't take pictures with it.  And you have to promise to open it up and wave it in the air, for atmosphere!  :P

Quote from: Frank7heT4nk on May 14, 2008, 06:40:24 PM
I preregistered for my brother at the end of last year and he doesn't have an account he can log into. How can he get a ticket?
He has an account. Try emailing [email protected] with his details; they can send the login information for the account, assuming an email address was provided. If not... try emailing them anyway.

Quote from: redroses3164 on May 14, 2008, 05:01:26 PM
Is the reserved tickets picked up in the same line with everyone else getting their unreserved tickets or will there be a separate line for the reserved?
There's only one line, unfortunately...

You guys are doing a wonderful job with organizing such a popular band. (I only know AnCafe cuz they did an ED in Darker than Black... so I thought I'd check out their concert.)
Thanks, we're trying hard... ^_^;
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

mrsanticafe

"There are three types of tickets (concert, reception, and autograph) and you can get up to one of each. You can request all three types at pick-up. Pick-up is first come, first serve."

I am confused from what I've read here. After we get are badge are we able to get all three at once (one of each) or are they just going to be given through contests where fans can't get them first-come first-serve? -confused-

Edit: Sorry if this has been answered. I'm just very confused... 

Also, I'd be a little concerned about...finding these lines and finding everything I want to go to. I'll be staying at the Hilton Hotel.

Megumi

I'm very confused. If you pre-regged, how do you login and enter the promo-code for the an-cafe thing?

My password isn't working. I requested my password because I forgot it and the one they gave me in the e-mail isn't working. I'm afraid I won't be able to try anything before it's too late because I have no idea when anyone will get back to me on the forum >.< ....

Please help!

jemz

Quote from: mrsanticafe on May 15, 2008, 02:35:12 PM
"There are three types of tickets (concert, reception, and autograph) and you can get up to one of each. You can request all three types at pick-up. Pick-up is first come, first serve."

I am confused from what I've read here. After we get are badge are we able to get all three at once (one of each) or are they just going to be given through contests where fans can't get them first-come first-serve? -confused-

Edit: Sorry if this has been answered. I'm just very confused... 

Also, I'd be a little concerned about...finding these lines and finding everything I want to go to. I'll be staying at the Hilton Hotel.

You can request them if they are being given out at the session you are going to (see the MF website for times and ticket breakdown). They are first come, first serve.

However, we do have a select number of tickets for the autograph session and reception reserved as prizes. In that case, you can't ask for those. But you can win them!

Both lines (for your membership badge and the concert tickets) are in the Registration area on the first floor of the Convention Center. Just look for lots of people queued up.  The Hilton is connected to the Convention Center. There are info booths scattered around, so if you get lost, you can ask them for a map or directions. There's also a map in the program guide which you get when you pick up your badge. :D

Quote from: Megumi on May 15, 2008, 07:06:29 PM
I'm very confused. If you pre-regged, how do you login and enter the promo-code for the an-cafe thing?

My password isn't working. I requested my password because I forgot it and the one they gave me in the e-mail isn't working. I'm afraid I won't be able to try anything before it's too late because I have no idea when anyone will get back to me on the forum >.< ....

Please help!

If your password isn't working, email [email protected] and they can get it for you.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

mrsanticafe

Thanks for the info. I know the hotel and convention are connected. XD What about the line for the autograph and reception?

Megumi

Okay, I got everything working. Thanks! One more question. How do I know that the promotional code has gone through/worked?

Tony

Quote from: Megumi on May 15, 2008, 08:13:17 PM
Okay, I got everything working. Thanks! One more question. How do I know that the promotional code has gone through/worked?
All you need to do is type it in.  :) I may send an email at this point.

Quote from: mrsanticafe on May 15, 2008, 08:10:44 PM
Thanks for the info. I know the hotel and convention are connected. XD What about the line for the autograph and reception?
The line will be at the box office at the registration area. Basically, if you go into the convention center from the main entrance (where the fountains are), it'll be straight forward at the "gates" and to your right.
Retired.
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Father, 2014

questionette

So like, uhm, for the autograph tickets...what will be the contests?  Will we be notified when/where? Or will this be like, spur of the moment?
I just don't want it to blow over my head and realize I never had a chance at them, ya know?

Tony

Karaoke is getting a few, Stage Zero is getting a bunch, and a few will be given out via random drawing.
Retired.
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Father, 2014

mrsanticafe

Thank-you very much for the quick responses. I can't wait to go to Fanime. XD I am mainly there for Antic Cafe, but I'd like to try and volunteer and enjoy some other things going on there.

As for the contests...I'd be worried about a ticket given to someone who isn't a fan of Antic Cafe and may not enjoy it?

ayaminamino

So for staff... we just need to show our staff number then we'll get the ticket for the tickets right? Of course I know we have to get in line for that.
~Aya~>.<!!!

jemz

Quote from: ayaminamino on May 15, 2008, 10:27:11 PM
So for staff... we just need to show our staff number then we'll get the ticket for the tickets right? Of course I know we have to get in line for that.

Yup. Just show your staff badge! The sad part is that you will have to stand in line with everyone else because of fire hazards.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Osakagrl

Ok i must be retarded because I am SOOOOOOOOO CONFUSED! so I HAVE to come sunday because I have my full time job. An cafe is the only reason I am coming. I would be there Sunday morning right when you open. so like I have a very good chance of getting a ticket because your giving away 300+? And for the autographs and signing? You guys are giving away 30 on Sunday??? PLEASE Tell me this is true!!!!

jemz

Quote from: Osakagrl on May 16, 2008, 02:49:25 PM
Ok i must be retarded because I am SOOOOOOOOO CONFUSED! so I HAVE to come sunday because I have my full time job. An cafe is the only reason I am coming. I would be there Sunday morning right when you open. so like I have a very good chance of getting a ticket because your giving away 300+? And for the autographs and signing? You guys are giving away 30 on Sunday??? PLEASE Tell me this is true!!!!

Yes. We're giving at least 300 concert tickets in the morning session and everything we have left in the afternoon session on Sunday. We did this because we know many Cafekkos are coming in only on Sunday and we wanted to make sure you had a chance to see them in concert.

The MusicFest website will have the ticket breakdown and hours as well as where to get them.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

questionette

QuoteIf you registered with a valid An Cafe promo code, a concert ticket will be reserved for you until Friday. After we finish distributing tickets Friday evening, any tickets that have not been picked up will be released for others to pick up.

Woah, woah, woah, WOAH.  I'm arriving at fanime saturday morning, does that mean I won't get a ticket, even though I put in the promo code and everything?

Ryvannis

Curious since I almost registered (midnight procrastination FTW), I was kicked out of the system when I submitted because the deadline passed.
Is it possible to reinstate it and register or no?

Because if not I was planning on getting my badge along with the tickets on Thursday (Day 0) but it looks like its only for people who registered. :(