An Cafe concert tickets

Started by jemz, May 12, 2008, 12:11:19 AM

amyluong

Quote from: sophixer on May 23, 2008, 03:41:37 PM
Quote from: amyluong on May 23, 2008, 02:51:14 PM
If i get a ticket at the door on sunday, can i still come to the concert?

As long as you have a ticket for the concert, you should be able to enter the concert.  :)

but then how do you get the ticket?

lifey

So I hate to bXtch and complain but this line system is getting really fXck3d up. The fact that people who were after the 20 this morning got to put their name on a list is total bs, it stops the whole system from being fair. There are only 100 tickets. And every single one should be fairly given out. Take this into account next time a mess like this happens.

I mean honestly this is becoming unreasonably disorganized. And totally unfair against the people who have been standing in line all day, missing panels and what not. Another issue is the fact of line cutting. I mean I understand the fact of spot saving and all, but it's got to have it's limits. Holding spots for 10 people at the front of the line is fXck3d up.

PK

well i was one in the line this morning to get my autograph ticket we all were there since around five on friday and stayed there all night..
Of course we had sleep rotations every once in a while..but i did not like how they had already started the next 20 peoples list.
But people will wait i suppose i know that the reception tickets are being distributed through Stage Zero contests

://

milan

Anything on giving gifts to the band yet? I really need to know.  :-[

PK

i'm sure you are allowed to..i thought i read somewhere that you were allowed too.

They were allowed to recived gifts at Akon so i'm sure it'll be fine

:3

milan

^Yes, I'm sure of that, but I need to know when and where I'm able to.  :-\

PK

during the autograph session is when everyone was allowed to

milan

Yeah, but then there's this from the MusicFest page:

"I want to give a gift to the band...
    Please contact us at [email protected] and let us know; we will help to make sure your gift gets to the band. (It's much better than doing it at a bad time-like during the autograph session!)"

supercait

While I understand your concern about the line, I was in the second twenty, and although I wasn't there quite as long (since the ticket sessions were closer together) I'd like you to know that I was still in line for nearly 12 hours and I only got up once for the bathroom.  I still missed an entire day of the con as well.  Sure, some people didn't really adhere to the rules, but I don't appreciate the generalization when I was as dedicated to getting that ticket as the rest of you.  I liked having the second list, because it meant I was waiting for something I knew I could get.  And I did wait and I wasn't the only one.

On another note, I would like to know about gifts too!

animeangelfish

I think at least the people in line should have been INFORMED that such a list existed or would be done. If someone saw there was already 20 people in line then why would they stick around when what they wanted-autograph tickets-weren't there.

I found this highly unfair to those people waiting. The whole idea was to give people a chance at different times. I'm not afraid to admit it, my friends and I went to Con-Ops to complain about the situation. It was through this that the 30 as opposed to 10 on Sunday morning thing came about. We were told by multiple staff members while waiting at con-ops of the increase in tickets released due to the high demand. We may have misunderstood this but the fact is when time came around it ended up being a fiasco. Even during the masq. my group waited in shifts until the next morning. I can honestly say it ruined my Sunday so far---I am PHYSICALLY ILL from exhaustion due to having to stay up and awake all night and I've missed panels because I'm curled up with a pillow in my hotel room my pain.

I must give EVERYONE in the staff mad props for how they handled the situation. It was very nice, considering I wasn't in the first ten and would have wasted my night as a result. we weren't angry. we were tired...we were upset...and we certainly did not want to spend another day at the con in line for the same thing. That wouldn't be fair.

Also-met some great people in the line--Jordan is my hero---any from that crowd will know what I'm talking about! What an AWESOME guy. Seriously, he was the go-between man and he made it all work out and kept people calm. I really think (and hope) he's a staffer next year.

Either way I don't know how it could have been modified but the entire ordeal was exhausting but WELL worth it.

----Yay concert tonight!

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

lifey

So my name is Jordan. =] Anyone who was standing in line with us Sunday morning/ Saturday evening and all that in between should remember me. I'm that crazy boy who was running around organizing everything.

I would definitely like to say thank you to everyone for staying calm and respecting staff.  I know how hard it was, trust me, I know. All that really matters is we got our awesome Autograph tickets and we are happy. I'm very greatful to staff and they totally deserve like a billion internets for putting up with me and with all that insued and such and such.

I would also like to point out that I soooo totally need to be on S.O.S. next year, and that's what S.O.S. members told me. =]
So brasically I hope to be staffing next year! <33!

Nyappy!<3

- Jordan (Lifey)

animeangelfish

Quote from: Duo on May 25, 2008, 03:11:50 PM
I think at least the people in line should have been INFORMED that such a list existed or would be done. If someone saw there was already 20 people in line then why would they stick around when what they wanted-autograph tickets-weren't there.

I found this highly unfair to those people waiting. The whole idea was to give people a chance at different times. I'm not afraid to admit it, my friends and I went to Con-Ops to complain about the situation. It was through this that the 30 as opposed to 10 on Sunday morning thing came about. We were told by multiple staff members while waiting at con-ops of the increase in tickets released due to the high demand. We may have misunderstood this but the fact is when time came around it ended up being a fiasco. Even during the masq. my group waited in shifts until the next morning. I can honestly say it ruined my Sunday so far---I am PHYSICALLY ILL from exhaustion due to having to stay up and awake all night and I've missed panels because I'm curled up with a pillow in my hotel room my pain.

I must give EVERYONE in the staff mad props for how they handled the situation. It was very nice, considering I wasn't in the first ten and would have wasted my night as a result. we weren't angry. we were tired...we were upset...and we certainly did not want to spend another day at the con in line for the same thing. That wouldn't be fair.

Also-met some great people in the line--Jordan is my hero---any from that crowd will know what I'm talking about! What an AWESOME guy. Seriously, he was the go-between man and he made it all work out and kept people calm. I really think (and hope) he's a staffer next year.

Either way I don't know how it could have been modified but the entire ordeal was exhausting but WELL worth it.

----Yay concert tonight!

EDIT: JORDAN. I MEANT JORDAN.. T^T Sorry I was exhausted. My friends knew what i meant and I'm sure everyone else that was there knew that.

<33333333333333333333 Don't hate me. BTW----AN CAFE CONCERT ROCCCKKED

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

PK

I had a clear view of Miku the entire time!!
Well i guess it helps being tall
XXD

Fantasy Hearts

Can anyone get an An Cafe Tour T-shirt for me from the convention?  I heard they were selling them in the dealer's room at the same booth they were selling the new CD.  I was so disappointed when the concert didn't sell any t-shirts!!!
I'll be willing to pay a decent, yet reasonable amount if someone can buy the shirt and send it to me...how does $40 sound?  The t-shirt only costs $20, so that would be a $20 gain for you as a sign of my gratitude.
If any of you remember a crazy Ryuusei Rocket Miku cosplayer running up and down the concert line yesterday, that was me lol!!!  So I am a true Cafekko and would really, really appriciate your help.
PLEEEEEEEEASE someone read this today--I will be forever in debt to you.
my e-mail is:
[email protected]
please state that you are at fanime con and if you can help me and we can discuss details.  thank you.

hyde26

Wow, the concert last night was great! I remember the majority of the setlist, but not totally?

Can someone post the setlist here please?
Thanks. ^_^

darkknightcecil

I was giving out free tickets to the concert..
yesterday hahaha with a musicfest dude , We had a lot of tickets left over we should of gave them earlier but oh well..

Sunara Ishi

To Tony and staff: Thank you all so much. >.< The concert, signing, and panel were all so much fun. I <3 it. >.<

I hope for more awesome surprises. =^.^=
And I hope An Cafe liked us. >.>;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Osakagrl

This is nothing on fanime, but i have a complaint.

I was HIGHLY dissapointed in an cafe's performance on sunday. they BARELY played an hour! I spent hundreds of dollars to come see them only for them to go for an hour?! Another thing i didnt care for was I felt there was no energy in the show. sure a headbang there and mikus fancy footwork but all in all the FEEL of the show was lame. The changes to different songs were filled with akward silences. and miku never seemed to crack a smile. like .... at all. i know they must have been exhausted and all but like i felt like they didnt even want to be there! I dont count the small MC's miku said when he claims hes "So happy to be here" because frankly thats all scripted. I dont know...there was justs something so off about that performance.... :-\

mrsanticafe

That shouldn't be a surprise. The band was busy and the site warned us that they'd play for about an hour long.

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Osakagrl on May 27, 2008, 12:38:37 AM
This is nothing on fanime, but i have a complaint.

I was HIGHLY dissapointed in an cafe's performance on sunday. they BARELY played an hour! I spent hundreds of dollars to come see them only for them to go for an hour?! Another thing i didnt care for was I felt there was no energy in the show. sure a headbang there and mikus fancy footwork but all in all the FEEL of the show was lame. The changes to different songs were filled with akward silences. and miku never seemed to crack a smile. like .... at all. i know they must have been exhausted and all but like i felt like they didnt even want to be there! I dont count the small MC's miku said when he claims hes "So happy to be here" because frankly thats all scripted. I dont know...there was justs something so off about that performance.... :-\
It is towards the end of their tour; most bands get tired you know. I heard they were jet lagged and quite busy. Just be glad to see them.
I am quite glad they came to our home con. It is rather huge.
And most (and I think all) of those awkward silences was when he was drinking from the water bottles they put on stage.
It was rather hot and tiring just in the crowd near the stage. Being under those stage lights is worse; especially with a lot of movement.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula