Damn You Internets! Vip or DIE

Started by PyronIkari, May 12, 2008, 01:25:21 PM

PyronIkari

Fanime... 2008.

Saturday 7:30-9:30
Sunday 9:30-11:30

That's right kids, I'm back again this year, only short an Alkaline. Due to retarded amounts of stuff (I work upwards to 60 hour weeks), friends graduating, and a lot of other crap, there's no trailer... yet... maybe I'll get one done, but whatever.

Two nights, 2 hours each. Night one will be cosplay night. Yes, to compete with Masquerade we will be having /CGL/ night. The internet the past year, revolving around cons, animu, cosplayers, retardo drama, and overall JP society and color. Lots of crap to talk about especially with my recent trip to Japan where I got to hang out in Akiba and see just how retarded Japan is.

Two special guests will be there. I conned a famous cosplayer friend of mine to be a part of the panel (God help her soul) and if he makes it, Maguma from 4chan's CGL will be making a guest appearance.

Night two will be the usual internet antics and bull shit we always have.

If you don't come, people will be killed. And listen to Shiro

OniCourseMusha

I don't mind meeting up some other 4channers.  Including I'm gonna meet up wit Kajetokun during fanime and hope to bring him along there.  I'm gonna check out the one on sunday since I'm heading to the masquerade.  Looking forward to meet you guys.  Plus I'm gonna start hating your asses! Mwahahaha!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Kazuko

Hell yeah mikey my ass is going to be there

FRONT ROW

Kaura117

Am I looking forward to this?

Fuck yeah, I'm looking forward to this.

Steve.Young

Sounds a lot like a party in the pants
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

PyronIkari

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 18, 2008, 09:43:47 AM
Sounds a lot like a party in the pants
Stu is a party in the pants... only... my pants.

JTchinoy

will your testicles be making an appearance?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

PyronIkari

Can't i'll get kicked out fo' sho'

But maybe other hillarious pics.

http://zip.4chan.org/cgl/res/997488.html

LOLOLOL which one of you idiots posted that?

JTchinoy

hmm, i'll probably come by since i don't find the masquerade to be anything spectacular.

by the way, pirates or ninjas?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

PyronIkari

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 19, 2008, 01:26:14 AM
hmm, i'll probably come by since i don't find the masquerade to be anything spectacular.

by the way, pirates or ninjas?

It matters. 1 Ninja vs. Many Pirates,
Ninja will win but will die at the end. When does a lone ninja ever lose?

Many ninjas vs Many Pirates
Pirates will win. When have you ever seen a GROUP of ninjas win?

Many ninjas vs 1 Pirate
Unless it's Johnny Depp, Ninjas will win, because what the fuck can 1 Pirate do?

A white Ninja(s) vs any amonut of pirates
White guy will win. Seriously, what the hell, a white guy that's a Ninja? OF COURSE HE'LL SURVIVE.

JTchinoy

hmm, so it's situational, ok.

i still haven't picked my side yet, but that helps. thanks.

what about 1 pirate vs. 1 ninja?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Kaura117

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 19, 2008, 01:32:09 AM

Ninja. The pirate has one eye, and a sense of smell and hearing both damaged from prolonged exposure to cannon blasts and rotting food supplies. The Ninja is a master of deceit and misdirection. No contest.

I also assert that the white guy ninja wannabe, unless he's covert ops trained, is far more fscked than the lone, trained, ethnically "correct" ninja. I base this assertion on the fact that white fatarse Naruto ninja wannabes are hardly viable warriors. If both white and Asian ninjas are, in fact, covert ops trained, then both have equal chance of success- it's a matter of skill and talent.

I also make one further assertion- that, because this is America, a cowboy gets a +2 geographic modifier against both Ninjas and Pirates. As well as access to nukes. But now we delve into the realm of political satire... >_>

PyronIkari

Quote from: Kaura117 on May 19, 2008, 05:57:45 PM
Ninja. The pirate has one eye, and a sense of smell and hearing both damaged from prolonged exposure to cannon blasts and rotting food supplies. The Ninja is a master of deceit and misdirection. No contest.

I also assert that the white guy ninja wannabe, unless he's covert ops trained, is far more fscked than the lone, trained, ethnically "correct" ninja. I base this assertion on the fact that white fatarse Naruto ninja wannabes are hardly viable warriors. If both white and Asian ninjas are, in fact, covert ops trained, then both have equal chance of success- it's a matter of skill and talent.

I also make one further assertion- that, because this is America, a cowboy gets a +2 geographic modifier against both Ninjas and Pirates. As well as access to nukes. But now we delve into the realm of political satire... >_>

Wrong, now shut the hell up and get out.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Kaura117 on May 19, 2008, 05:57:45 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on May 19, 2008, 01:32:09 AM

1. Chris Farley was a kickass white ninja

2. This is pirates vs. ninjas, cowobys can go pound sand.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

PyronIkari

PyronIkari

Damn panel... damn work. Work is preventing me from finishing everything I need for the panel. Hopefully I'll get every thing done today, but if not, guess I'll spend some of the con tomorrow finishing crap up.

LOL guests. Maguma isn't showing up, but Masa D. Luffy is. Other guest is still on to help me out... which will be hillarity.

multi-track drifting!!

You remember that one guy who's been going to this panel since it started in 06? The one with blond hair who's really tall and fucking annoying and belligerently badgers people he doesn't know in hopes of striking up a mediocre conversation?

Yeah, that's me. With any luck I'll be in full Terry Bogard drab as well (Garou Terry, not KOF Terry. My hair isn't nearly long enough for that yet) because I am a faggot that dresses like anime characters.
Please read the signature guidelines located here: http://www.fanime.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3456

Chaostsukasa

you guys failed way hard tonight. Oh well i got a chicken leg and a watermelon out of it. maybe tmrw will be better. If you guys need some material, i got some on my computer. but yeah. way better last year. and u better make some use out of that fucking huge ass room u guys now have.

felicity869

Seriously, wtf guys?! I get it, you're not funny without the internet. But you should know better than to trust fanime staff yo have internet set up. "For the fans by the fans" = never having your act together = you should have been smart enough to have had at least a little bit of fun stuff already saved on your computer just in case.

Also, what happened to day two? Did you get banned, no internet again, got lazy?

PyronIkari

A number of things.

We didn't get banned, but there was still no internet, and basically everyone all agreed that it wasn't worth doing it with only 1/2 of the stuff we wanted to do. We could have had a short 45minute panel but figured it was a waste of everyone's time to do so.

Again, I apologize, because it did suck.

I'm really questioning whether I should attempt to do it again next year, despite now having more communication and understanding with the con and knowing limitations, my life is getting to busy.

For those that did go and enjoyed it thanks a lot, for those that were disappointed, sorry, but in the end, really who gives a damn. The way I'm looking at it now is that, I just don't have the time to entertain a group of people at fanime.

Hopefully though, work will start calming down, and all my real life shit gets into place so that I can dedicate a few hours a week to this, instead of the... 2 free hours on Sunday I could do.