Damn You Internets! Vip or DIE

Started by PyronIkari, May 12, 2008, 01:25:21 PM

Shinsengumi

Next year I might check it out, I don't know maybe
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Vengeance

I really hope you guys have it next year.  This was my first time at the Damn You Internets! panel, but it was actually pretty entertaining, despite how unorganized and Internet-less it was.  Plus, those plans you made for this year's could be used in 2009.  Interactive chatroom and stuff sound pretty cool.  Internet's definitely a problem though...  Speaking of which, any plans to expand this panel to other cons (ex. Animu Expo), or just keep this exclusively to Fanime?

Also this was the only place where people actually realized I wasn't just wearing a University of Nevada sweater lulz

PyronIkari

Quote from: Vengeance on June 14, 2008, 11:12:22 PM
I really hope you guys have it next year.  This was my first time at the Damn You Internets! panel, but it was actually pretty entertaining, despite how unorganized and Internet-less it was.  Plus, those plans you made for this year's could be used in 2009.  Interactive chatroom and stuff sound pretty cool.  Internet's definitely a problem though...  Speaking of which, any plans to expand this panel to other cons (ex. Animu Expo), or just keep this exclusively to Fanime?

Also this was the only place where people actually realized I wasn't just wearing a University of Nevada sweater lulz

Ah, the Nevada-tan. It's Fanime only. Fanime's pretty much the only convention I'll do extra work for, since I'm good friends with a lot of the staff and actually enjoy the cons presence as a whole.

Thanks for the words of encouragement though.

zoupzuop2

Agreed on the being bummed for missing it. Saturday I didn't do it because I was... doing something else, thinking I'd catch the Sunday one.

Really wanted to see it at some point. Mayhaps I'll see it next year, when I'm a bit more chan-literate.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

AngieDesu

Oh man. I'm definitely going next year.

JTchinoy

people found out who i was and came to e-gaming demanding explanations from me about why your panel was canceled the 2nd day.  maybe you should give me more info on these panels for next year. :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Flak

Soooo, are we getting this again in 2009?

DYI 2007 was some of the best fun of my pitiful life. I want a fair rematch.

PyronIkari

Realistically... probably not.

The majority of people that go to DYI are the people that enjoy /b/. To be honest, I despise people like this, and I despise /b/. Everything I would personally want to do, would go over the head of 95% of the audience. The other people on the panel were geared toward more of the mass, and I was more about doing what I wanted. So unless someone wants to take over the majority and do the crap pertaining to /b/(the general audience) I probably don't want to invest the time into doing it myself.

Work and life are taking over most of my free time, I only have slices of free time to do stuff between.

Flak

Don't lie to me Mikey. Don't lie to you, either. You know you want to do it again. Besides, in-jokes and shit flying over heads is what the internet's all about.

Man, I'd sit there and listen to your racial slurs and Nico Nico videos for days on end if I could.

Don't do this to us.

quash

necropost, but whatever.

it would kill me if there was no dyi at fanime this year. this shit has been the highlight of fanime for me since 06 back when it was three people yelling stupid memes (myself included) and some guy typing unfunny crap on wordpad.

though i guess i'd understand if you guys didn't want to risk running a crap panel like last year, i'd still love to at least hang with you guys for a bit. you fuckers are the biggest reason i return to fanime year after year, and it just wouldn't be the same without you guys (full homo, all the way- especially that stud stu). i mean, what else do you expect me to do- go to the gaia panel/masquerade?

though i fully expect pyron to reply with a care post and say there won't be a dyi this year anyways, i just thought you guys should know that in spite of the shitfest that was dyi 08 i still appreciate everything you've done for the con. you guys have made fanime worth going to (for me) and if dyi is no more, i won't bother with fanime after this year. there's plenty to do at fanime, but without the centerpiece that is dyi, it's nothing that i couldn't do elsewhere.

PyronIkari

Quote from: quash on May 04, 2009, 05:30:11 AM
necropost, but whatever.

it would kill me if there was no dyi at fanime this year. this shit has been the highlight of fanime for me since 06 back when it was three people yelling stupid memes (myself included) and some guy typing unfunny crap on wordpad.

though i guess i'd understand if you guys didn't want to risk running a crap panel like last year, i'd still love to at least hang with you guys for a bit. you fuckers are the biggest reason i return to fanime year after year, and it just wouldn't be the same without you guys (full homo, all the way- especially that stud stu). i mean, what else do you expect me to do- go to the gaia panel/masquerade?

though i fully expect pyron to reply with a care post and say there won't be a dyi this year anyways, i just thought you guys should know that in spite of the shitfest that was dyi 08 i still appreciate everything you've done for the con. you guys have made fanime worth going to (for me) and if dyi is no more, i won't bother with fanime after this year. there's plenty to do at fanime, but without the centerpiece that is dyi, it's nothing that i couldn't do elsewhere.

There's a number of reasons I'm not doing it any more... the biggest is that, I don't have the time to do so. Like I said last year, my new job takes up a lot of time, so I don't have much free time. The original reason I created this panel has lost pretty much all it's reasoning. I wanted to actually discuss the different things that have happened, not just spam /b/ crap(I absolutely HATE /b/ and the mentality of it).

There's lots of drama behind Jared and myself, so the majority of all the tech stuff was done by him, and I don't know anyone that has enough free time to take his place. The majority of people that go to the panel don't want to see what I wanted this panel to be, they want the random /b/ shit, and memes and all that, which was what Jared did. So I see there really no reason to run the panel. I've heard rumors that there will be a DYI type panel, but it won't be me running it, nor will I be attending it. If you want to meet up to hang out or just get a drink or stuff, I'm always down to do so, just send me a PM or something.

otakuapprentice

Damn, and here I was going to actually check it out this year.

Drink? Sure.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

quash

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 10, 2009, 07:39:40 PMI absolutely HATE /b/ and the mentality of it

can't blame you there. especially since those fags at last year's panel, um, "rickrolled" everyone in their guy fawkes masks, i wouldn't want to risk witnessing something that amazingly gay ever again.

i guess this is a toast to dyi 06 and 07 then. at least 07 is still on youtube for future generations to witness.

and yeah, i totally wouldn't mind hanging with you or anyone else who made dyi great in years past. maybe sometime late on saturday/sunday night.