Variety of Items?

Started by migitlicious, May 12, 2008, 11:42:35 PM

migitlicious

Hi
This is my first fanime and I am really interested in making some purchases in the Dealer's Room. I wanted to know if there is a diverse array of anime/manga represented or is it more like what is popular at the moment. My taste is kind of varied (Sailor Moon, Samurai Champloo, Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Knight, etc.) so I am wondering if I'll be able to find a little bit of everything.

Sorry if there was already a thread for this >.<

shinjiboy

I would say that there is a good variety.  Sometimes it depends on the year.  Otherwise, take your time to browse through the goods.  It is likely that more than one dealer is selling that "Must have item."  Ask around for the best price although they really hate it when you try to haggle them (or some do at least).

Xeluu

Quote from: shinjiboy on May 13, 2008, 12:01:38 AM
I would say that there is a good variety.  Sometimes it depends on the year.  Otherwise, take your time to browse through the goods.  It is likely that more than one dealer is selling that "Must have item."  Ask around for the best price although they really hate it when you try to haggle them (or some do at least).
Agreed on the fact that it's likely many of the booths will have that "must have item", and a note, the dealers are more willing to cut you a deal if you're purchasing more than one item.

If the price isn't good, don't buy it. I don't even try and lower the price on an item that's outrageous. I'll generally just ask mid-way through looking at a few things, "Hey, will you cut me a deal if I buy item A and B?" And usually find that they'll make me some sort of deal, even if it's only a few dollars off.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

Xeluu

Quote from: Xeluu on May 13, 2008, 02:12:59 AM
Quote from: shinjiboy on May 13, 2008, 12:01:38 AM
Agreed on the fact that it's likely many of the booths will have that "must have item", but I find that the dealers are more willing to cut you a deal if you're purchasing more than one item.

If the price isn't good, don't buy it. I don't even try and lower the price on an item that's outrageous. I'll generally just ask mid-way through looking at a few things, "Hey, will you cut me a deal if I buy item A and B?" And usually find that they'll make me some sort of deal, even if it's only a few dollars off.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas