How long does it take you to get to Fanime?

Started by Mister_E, May 13, 2008, 04:20:34 PM

PK

I'll be taking about a four hour flight..and then i dont know where to go from there...x.x

I don't know if i should take a cab or what..i've never taken any sort of public transportation before..

not to mention i think i'll have to take a light rail (is that what it's called?) to get to and from my hotel and the convention center..

x.x

darn the hotel being about a mile away!!

Mordyan

About 3 hours depending on northbay traffic.

Quote from: blancoisma on May 14, 2008, 09:06:07 AM
I live in a small town up in Mendocino County. So, it takes me anywhere from 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours depending on how fast I'm going. I envy you guys who live within a jump and a skip away.

I live in Ukiah myself so the drive is shorter. My brother who lives in Fort Bragg has another hour and a half.

Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

fencergirl

mm, I'm guestimating 7ish hours with traffic?
I don't mind car time though.
Its mellow... just listen to music and talk <3

IshokuOsero

Quote from: PK on May 20, 2008, 07:53:58 PM
I'll be taking about a four hour flight..and then i dont know where to go from there...x.x

I don't know if i should take a cab or what..i've never taken any sort of public transportation before..

not to mention i think i'll have to take a light rail (is that what it's called?) to get to and from my hotel and the convention center..

x.x

Where do you live? My flight will take around 4 hours also.

PK

Quote from: IshokuOsero on May 21, 2008, 02:00:41 AM

x.x

I live in Texas

XD

Mister_E

Quote from: PK on May 21, 2008, 09:36:38 AM
Quote from: IshokuOsero on May 21, 2008, 02:00:41 AM

x.x

I live in Texas

XD
Is it all muggy over there?
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

PK

Quote from: Mister_E on May 21, 2008, 09:38:12 AM

If you mean humid then yes..it really is..today it feels a bit like 80, but for some reason on the weekends (when i work outside) it's always in the 90's and you get hot air blowing at you and you feel like you need to shower every twenty minutes..
oh it's horrible..
But I love it none the less
:3
Can't wait for the 100 degree heat~
The weather should be diffrent in California though..

Mister_E

Quote from: PK on May 21, 2008, 09:42:55 AM

If you mean humid then yes..it really is..today it feels a bit like 80, but for some reason on the weekends (when i work outside) it's always in the 90's and you get hot air blowing at you and you feel like you need to shower every twenty minutes..
oh it's horrible..
Yes here in California it can be nice and cool and no loud ass buzzing noise from those Texas sized Zacadas and frogs the size of human heads
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

PK

Quote from: Mister_E on May 21, 2008, 09:45:23 AM

oh it's horrible..
Yes here in California it can be nice and cool and no loud ass buzzing noise from those Texas sized Zacadas and frogs the size of human heads
LOL, but it's the city and i'm not used to the city
XD
I actually haven't seend a frog in all my years here..
and the Cicades i like those ^^

Mister_E

Quote from: PK on May 21, 2008, 10:04:07 AM
Quote from: Mister_E on May 21, 2008, 09:45:23 AM

oh it's horrible..
LOL, but it's the city and i'm not used to the city
XD
I actually haven't seend a frog in all my years here..
and the Cicades i like those ^^

Well take a drive with Fort Worths and walk it the park at might my god those things are HUGE!

PK

Miss Genesis

freakin
hours.

from Yuma, Arizona.
(for those of you who don't know where that is, look it up.)
Finding me is useless without the warrent, Loves. <3

meloj

about 30 minutes?

but then you'd have to consider that there wasn't any traffic and that I'm a slow driver ^^

.::midnight.maiden::.

About 20 minutes if there is no traffic on the freeway. ;D
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

XpHoBiaX

It took about 2 1/2 hours to drive into Sunnyvale, and another hour or so to get to the con. We used the Train and the Light Rail to get to and from. (We also walked/ran in between)

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

protocol7

Dear god! Because of the construction there is a stop sign in the middle of the 152! It took me about 2 hours to cover 2 miles!

8 hour drive home ftl :(
FanimeCons resident zombie.
*I* MADE this happen!