Teacher fired under the accusation of wizardry.

Started by Jun-Watarase, May 13, 2008, 10:45:41 PM

Jun-Watarase

Original article: http://www.local6.com/news/16169506/detail.html

QuoteLAND 'O LAKES, Fla. -- A substitute teacher in Pasco County has lost his job after being accused of wizardry.

Teacher Jim Piculas does a magic trick where a toothpick disappears and then reappears.

Piculas recently did the 30-second trick in front of a classroom at Rushe Middle School in Land 'O Lakes.

Piculas said he then got a call from the supervisor of teachers, saying he'd been accused of wizardry.

"I get a call the middle of the day from head of supervisor of substitute teachers. He says, 'Jim, we have a huge issue, you can't take any more assignments you need to come in right away,'" he said.

Piculas said he did not know of any other accusations that would have led to the action.

The teacher said he is concerned that the incident may prevent him from getting future jobs.

What.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

rubymoonIII

@Digitalberii <--Twitter

SOawesomeness

.. What the heck?

Dude, that school board has got some serious issues.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

redroses3164

You have got to be kidding me. It's a freaken magic trick. It isn't something that'll kill someone. -_-

Kazuko

Mister_E

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Sunara Ishi

... >.>; That's really offensive and f'd up.

One could take it as religious persecution just based on the "wizard" charge.
Especially if it was someone, from one of the religions usually opposed to witchcraft, going off their rocker due to something that is only remotely tied to witchcraft by name itself.

Magic tricks aren't religious nor wrong to be shown in class. They don't infringe on no religions in school. They are just illusion.

People still have such a bias towards things like that, wicca and the paranormal.
(no one here though. >.~ probably.)

I hope he sues them for unlawful termination.
And I hope this won't be a new trend. ~knocks on wood~
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Mister_E

Next thing you'll know if anyone does that coin behind the ear trick and they'll burn them alive like in the Dark Ages.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Mizuki

I guess I better not take off my (non existent) glasses, or people might accuse me of seeing THE LINES OF DEATH.

Steve.Young

*Picks up baseball bat*

I hate stupid people, who wants to go bust some old dumb white dudes balls so they can't reproduce in our society?
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 14, 2008, 02:58:26 AM
*Picks up baseball bat*

I hate stupid people, who wants to go bust some old dumb white dudes balls so they can't reproduce in our society?
Meeeee! :3

Tsubasa

Making a toothpick disappear is almost like Copperfield's disappearing Statue of Liberty.  Obviously wizardry.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Jerry

what i want to know is who reported this and why they would go to such lengths to get rid of a teacher.

i wonder if there will be any follow up articles to see what happens next.

watch someone is going to get fired/expelled/arrested for belching or farting in public.

what has become of our society?  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

edendreams

OMG REAL WIZARDRY!

><

whatever seriously it seems like those people are either very gullible or they've been living in a box( at least they seem to be trying to) that storry is messed up. I suggest the teacher come to california where he'll fit in XD

a little art by me ^-^

Gatsby

O_O WTF mate?!

This has to be one of the stupidest reasons to fire a teacher.

Jun-Watarase

I should probably hide all those cherry stems and unwrapped Starbursts.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

FinalShadows

Wizardry? I thought we were allowed to do those o_O;;
I guess we can't do science anymore because that is kind of like wizardry too >_>;
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

JTchinoy

Wow, they'd hate my uncle's balancing a spoon and a fork on half a match sitting on the rim of a glass cup.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X