Anybody from San Jose State?

Started by JTchinoy, May 14, 2008, 02:57:36 AM

JTchinoy

I know the drive from San Jose State to the convention center is long and can be lonely/ boring, so I'm checking if anyone in the area would like to ride with me to the convention center.  Just help pitch in for gas a bit. :)

edit::
For those who don't want to carpool, I thought I'd still be helpful to you all and provide you with directions on how to get to the convention center. :)  Hope you carpool with me though. ;D

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=37.330334&lon=-121.886801&zoom=17&q1=1%20Washington%20Sq%2C%20san%20jose%2C%20ca&q2=%20150%20West%20San%20Carlos%20St.%2C%20san%20jose%2C%20ca&gid2=21595986

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

shinjiboy

???

The walk from SJSU to the Con barely takes 5 minutes (San Carlos exit + 4th street garage), what are you talking about?  It might actually be faster than taking a car so yes.

SJSU students walk yo asses to the con and save your gas money for better things.

Jerry

I'm sorta confused about this as well JT... but i kinda see the point.

if your a cosplayer, and buy lots of random thingies from the dealers room and you DONT have a room, i guess i could see why ur driving the 7 blocks from SJSU to the SJCC parking lot.

that plus considering the hot weather this summer, walking 7 blocks could feel long. but trust me im sure there are worse walking stories from other Conventions and situations.

IF Anything, I'd say JT is looking for a hawt date. Cant blame him. Just dont pick up any traps.  :P

I learned alot from Yaoi-Con, but I'll probably makes the same mistakes anyway.  :-[
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

JTchinoy

Well sarcasm just flew right past you guys.
:'(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

x

Yay SJSU. You're going to need a giant group to be able to afford that much gas :P So far...

BigDaddy

Seriously guys. That drive through San Carlos St. is a doozy. Gratefully theres a La Victoria along that way to save the day. ;D
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me"
-Michael Scott

Steve.Young

I don't live on campus, but I usually park at the 7th street garage for the weekend seeing as how it's unlimited in and out privileges and it's FREE (Cause I have a full permit for all the days)
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

JTchinoy

Quote from: BigDaddy on May 14, 2008, 10:46:57 PM
Seriously guys. That drive through San Carlos St. is a doozy. Gratefully theres a La Victoria along that way to save the day. ;D
OMG pit stop at La Vics to catch our bearings. :D
we better get 2 burritos each to go to last the rest of the drive.  You never know when an old lady will fall in front of our car and cause a massive backup. :o

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

x

JTchinoy

Quote from: iamTheMe on May 14, 2008, 11:20:22 PM
@_@ La Vics

...so good.
I have like 4 of those little cups of orange sauce in my fridge. =D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

x

I haven't had any La Vics in like... a month. Been lacking the cash, and they require 6$+ for card. I'm so deprived.

Jerry

if this wasnt a serious gathering thread, and even if u were being scarcastic JT....   :P

it doesnt belong in the "gatherings" sub section.

request to move to "Things in Universe" or "Byob"

kthanks.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

JTchinoy

Quote from: Jerry on May 15, 2008, 08:11:34 AM
if this wasnt a serious gathering thread, and even if u were being scarcastic JT....   :P

kthanks.

The joke would be hard to reference if it wasn't made in the same section as the other "anyone in ___" threads that it parodies.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

JTchinoy

i had la vics last night :o

i'm doing a test drive to the con center right now to see how long it really is. =X
wish me luck.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Steve.Young

SJSU people should get together at LA VICS.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Amidnight

o hai, what's goin' on in this thread?
I go to  SJSU! :D

x

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 18, 2008, 07:00:28 PM

Hah. SJSU student gathering xD.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 18, 2008, 07:00:28 PM
I think they call that the Tsunami anime club. :P

i just got la vics on the way back from the meeting.  it was an arduous journey so i had to pitstop.  :D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Spiritsnare

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 15, 2008, 10:18:16 AM
Quote from: Jerry on May 15, 2008, 08:11:34 AM

kthanks.

The joke would be hard to reference if it wasn't made in the same section as the other "anyone in ___" threads that it parodies.

And finally I get it.
epic progressive

vox

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X