Why is it hot??

Started by blancoisma, May 15, 2008, 03:06:31 PM

blancoisma

BLAH! I live by the coast in Mendocino County, so it's always cold here. And for some ungodly reason, it's hot here. Like, in the 90's. I don't care that others might say "that's nothing" , it's hot here. Bring back the cold!

I pray to Jesus that San Jose NOT be hot during Fanime. Cause otherwise, me wearing four layers of cosplay might kill me, among others XP
"Well, I'm already going to hell for kissing you so I may as well take the scenic route."

-Aaron Davis, Latter Days

shinjiboy

I'm a few blocks from the Con.  It's HOT.

But right now I'm just chillin' inside the library with the nice AC.

Oh, and don't wear four layers.

blancoisma

But, but, I must. You have no idea how much this cosplay is kicking my ass. It MUST be worn! Maybe I should figure out a way to build an A/C system into it XD

Ugh, lucky sod with the A/C in the library. I'm stuck at my desk here at work and we have NO air circulation. I've got every f'ing fan going and it's still hot.
"Well, I'm already going to hell for kissing you so I may as well take the scenic route."

-Aaron Davis, Latter Days

Rei-Rei

It's so hot, plus what sucks is I have physical education today. ._.
103 outside... Yeah. Not fun at all.

redroses3164

I live in the bay area and it is getting pretty hot in general. It's really annoying going to school in this heat.
Inland will possibly be in the 100s this weekend (well at least that's what the weatherman said on abc7.)

Good luck with your cosplay. Wearing four layers seems killer. I'd stick around indoors more if I were you.

Makou

Quote from: Rei-Rei on May 15, 2008, 03:43:12 PM

Last time I checked, the weather wasn't reducing you to a sweaty pile of goo. You got the perfuuuuuume.
*starts singing Perfect Star

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Rei-Rei on May 15, 2008, 03:43:12 PM

I had PE today too and god was it hell.

Barnes

Darn heat wave right now. But then I'm thinking that people in other parts or the world have it worse than we do. XD

I'm taking a (non swimming) gym class in the summer as SJCC. Should I drop it and get my refund on it? I wanna know how bad the weight room is during that time.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

ultramangaia

Ahhhh.. had a nice 8 hours of cool air at work.Wish I could stay there until this heat wave dies.Now all I  have is a fan blowing warm air on me at home.Hope I can sleep tonight.

JohnnyAR

I couldn't sleep last night because of the damn heat.

Spalding

Quote from: JohnnyAR on May 15, 2008, 06:51:33 PM
I couldn't sleep last night because of the damn heat.

I feed same way  :( dam heat.
Is all about anime and fanime.

Mister_E

I don't know kinda makes me miss Ridgecrest in the middle of the desert. It was awesome there.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

mDuo13

How heat waves occur (thanks Wikipedia)

In the summer in warm climates, if there is an area of high pressure with little or no rain and clouds, there is nothing to protect the air and ground from being heated excessively. When large high pressure air is trapped, the ground and air will continue to heat and the heat wave will last longer.

The position of the jet stream is very important because the air on one side is hot while the other side is cold. Heat waves are far more likely and more severe when you are on the hot side. Sometimes the jet stream does not move far enough to make many areas that normally get hot on the hot side; but sometimes many cold areas are made hot abnormally. The effects of El Niño and La Niña (opposite reaction to El Niño) can severely disrupt the positions of the jet streams.

Large desert zones and dry areas are more likely to get extreme heat because there is rarely any high cloud cover with very low humidity, making it like a furnace.

The direction of the wind is a very important part of the reasons for heat waves, because this pushes hot air towards colder areas if they are going away from the deserts and equator. The higher the force of the wind as well as the distance they travel from the hotter to colder areas, generally means hotter weather.

Cities also get hotter because they generate heat from the use of power, usually by about 1-2 °C or so and experience very warm night time minimum temperatures putting further strain on energy demands.

Humidity also has a serious effect on how hot it feels but this does not make the actual temperature any hotter. Heat Waves in Eastern North America and the British Isles are usually accompanied by high humidity, aggravating the heat index (one's discomfort), as oppposed to the drier heat typically experienced during heat waves in continental Europe, Western North America or cities in Australia.

Kaura117

Fscking Daystar is doing it again this year. Anybody that ain't lugging around a crate of water bottles and cartons of salt to prevent death by dehydration- and then death by water overdose- during the convention is a fool and a damn fool.

Okay, maybe not that bad. The convention center's got decent A/C, and the water fountain, if memory serves me well, is so cold as to hurt your teeth. Stay indoors, and you won't get hurt.

shortpachoo

Well according to Weather.com (http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCA0993?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared) it will be 75-80 degrees during Fanime (up to Saturday), which is warm but a lot better than this

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

otakuapprentice

Its hot because you touch yourself at night, j/k.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

cappeh

seriously, it's nighttime right now and it's still hot

what is this i don't even
hi i lav u

K&K4ever

two words: globule warming
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Mister_E

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Shinsengumi

It was pretty hot today, I had to close my windows when I came home from school, right now there open.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).