Fanime 2008 Pirate/Ninja Gathering

Started by aehale, May 15, 2008, 07:39:23 PM

Jerry

Dont forget to take a random (small group)to the Maid Cafe... (time allowing of course...)  I think it would be hilarious if a bunch of Ninjas and Pirates started a (staged) attack on the maid cafe and try to claim it for their side.

I'll be working on sunday at 3pm unfortunately  :P
so hope you ladies and gents have fun!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Mordyan

Ok since this is all on short notice and we didnt hear too many objections to Sunday 3:00pm I went ahead and posted on the cosplay list thread that Felicity listed. I hope that is ok with all.

I also think we could make some small flyers to leave on the registation table and advertise? I don't know just trying to drum up a crowd for this.

aehale

Quote from: Mordyan on May 21, 2008, 10:28:31 AM
Ok since this is all on short notice and we didnt hear too many objections to Sunday 3:00pm I went ahead and posted on the cosplay list thread that Felicity listed. I hope that is ok with all.

I also think we could make some small flyers to leave on the registation table and advertise? I don't know just trying to drum up a crowd for this.

Fantastic! Thank you for taking care of that... As for flyers, I will make some up and place them around registration. We definitely need to draw a crowd!

Sunday @ 3pm it is!!! We will meet up in front of the center where the fountains are!

felicity869

Quote from: Mordyan on May 21, 2008, 10:28:31 AM

Ok, I posted about it over on cosplay.com and in the cosplay section of our forum. Flyers are a great idea.

aehale

Quote from: ToshiX on May 20, 2008, 12:47:39 AM
why not just do it at the naruto or one piece gathering?
or is this a straight up none anime ninja vs pirate gathering?
There will be like 5456451515 people at the naruto gathering, I don't know if we'd actually find one another in all that mess. Personally I'm going to be wearing pirate lolita clothes so I'd feel pretty silly at a naruto/one piece gathering.  I think having just a pirate/ninja gathering in gerneral would be fun. That way it can be for various pirate/ninja animes and non anime pirates & ninjas to all join fources for one giant random photoshoot of awesomeness.
[/quote]

I agree, this should be for any kind of ninja or pirate who wants to show up and hang out, not anime-specific.  Well, awesome! I can't wait for this to happen and meet all you!

Jerry

please remember the NO TAPE rule.

please dont post signs with tape or area not allowed for flyers/signs and stuff.

get info and approval from the gatherings sign board or form con ops just to be sure.

have fun guys! yay for pirates.

dont u just love last minute gatherings ^_^
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Mordyan

Quote from: aehale on May 21, 2008, 11:06:01 AM
Fantastic! Thank you for taking care of that... As for flyers, I will make some up and place them around registration. We definitely need to draw a crowd!

Sunday @ 3pm it is!!! We will meet up in front of the center where the fountains are!

If you want help with the flyers or such you can PM me.
I will be at the Con on Thursday (thats tomorrow... YAY!) but I will have my laptop with me.

aehale

Quote from: Jerry on May 21, 2008, 12:01:29 PM
please remember the NO TAPE rule.

please dont post signs with tape or area not allowed for flyers/signs and stuff.

get info and approval from the gatherings sign board or form con ops just to be sure.

have fun guys! yay for pirates.

dont u just love last minute gatherings ^_^

Thanks for the tips! ^_^

aehale

Quote from: Mordyan on May 21, 2008, 01:02:21 PM

If you want help with the flyers or such you can PM me.
I will be at the Con on Thursday (thats tomorrow... YAY!) but I will have my laptop with me.

I'm arriving on Friday morning/afternoon & will be with a group that would be willing to help w/ flyers, but if I need more assistance, I'll definitely PM you. Thanks!

felicity869

BSaphire, who's organizing the offical list of gatherings asked if we could meet inside the convention center's main enterance right by the fountains instead of outside at the fountains because there are already like 3 gatherings happening outside. Hope that's cool with everyone.

Mordyan

Should be fine I modified my post in the official gathering list to reflect the change.

We can always keep an eye out for anyone who doesn't know about the change.

aehale

Quote from: felicity869 on May 21, 2008, 11:18:53 PM
BSaphire, who's organizing the offical list of gatherings asked if we could meet inside the convention center's main enterance right by the fountains instead of outside at the fountains because there are already like 3 gatherings happening outside. Hope that's cool with everyone.

That works. I think we will be able to find each other fairly easily... pirates and ninjas seem to stand out...

Trumby

I won't be able to come to this..but I might be wearing my pirate getup on a different day.
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)