Fire Alarm

Started by BrightHeart76, May 18, 2008, 03:43:34 AM

BrightHeart76

Why am I posting?  Because it's 3:34 in the morning and I've been up for over an hour.  Why have I been awake for so long and so early?  Because some fool burnt his ....whatever the heck meal he was cooking at 2:30 in the morning and set off the fire alarm.  The whole building was evacuated.

So there I am at 2:30 a.m. standing infront of my car with half the building occupants wearing a nightgown that's not something I ever wanted to be seen wearing in public.  A bunch of Drunk Yahoos (my next door neighbors) stayed on their balcony drinking beer and heckling the people who evacuated. 

I'm glad there was no fire.  I'm glad everyone is OK.  I feel bad for the poor fool who burnt his dinner and is now hated by everyone in the building.  But I'm angry that I'm awake at this hour (can't fall back asleep).

OK Rant over.  Has anyone else ever been evacuated from their apartment?
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Mister_E

My father helped put out a fire in an Apartment in LA once a long time ago. Some hallway curtains caught and while the building was being evacuated. The owner was a Jackass and never thanked him, while everyone else did. Though my father never demained thanks from anyone just acted fast.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Steve.Young

College dorm rooms + Fire Alarms + Evacuations = A very common occurrence.

*Does his best Joey voice from friends* On a lighter note, what are YOU wearing?
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

JohnnyAR

One time I was moving into a new apartment and my brother pulled the fire alarm for no damn reason.

Oh I saw a dumpster on fire this other time...

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 18, 2008, 10:30:54 AM
*Does his best Joey voice from friends* On a lighter note, what are YOU wearing?

I'd love to say it was something sexy or something, ya know so I could flirt with all of the firemen (ha!).  No such luck.  I was wearing this old worn out nightshirt that I probably should have thrown away years ago.  It's light so I stay cool on hot nights, unfortunately it's also kinda see thru.   :-[  :-\

Imagine, if you will, some kinda chubby chic with florescent pink hair (in full bed head mode) standing in the road with a pair of fuzzy pink slippers and an old grey nightshirt with her arms folded tightly across her chest begging silently "please God don't let anyone shine a light on me!"  It's ok to laugh.

Goal of the day...go buy a robe so that if this EVER happens again I can put that on no matter what weird outfit I'm wearing!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Steve.Young

Sounds embarrassing, A robe would be a good idea.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com