An Cafe Ticket Pre- Reg. Question? Also parking?

Started by japonaliya, May 18, 2008, 07:55:32 AM

japonaliya

The music Fest An Cafe ticket PU sched. says Thurs 6pm-8pm "reserved" tickets, quota "-"...

What does this mean? What is reserved ticket as opposed to a ticket picked up on say, Fri"? 

Can ANYONE with as pre-reg. badge pick up a concert ticket on Thursday, or did you need the An Cafe promo code??? (which I forgot to use when registering)

Also there is no quota for tickets on Thurs. does that mean they will be giving out over 1,000 tickets or more since all the other days quotas equal well under the totla of 3,000...?

I am VERY confused!

I live in San Francisco, but I work, and it would mean traveling down to San Jose and back after a long work day JUST to pick up the concert tickets.

Would I just be better off coming down on Saturday and picking up the badge and ticket then? I am really mainly attending the concert.

Also, about parking...I couldn't find info about parking at the con.  IS there parking? does it cost $$$$. Can you get a special rate for attending, or is it going to cost mega-bucks..?

Info please!

japonaliya

Oh..to clarify about parking info...

Yes, I did see the link to "downtown parking" but how does that help me?? I don't know the area, how do i know how close the parking is to the con?
Also, the SJ Cn. Center has 1,000 car parking, but the cost is set by the event...

So...where is the info about how much it will be to park at the cnv. center that should be determined by Fanimecon and listed on this website????

Steve.Young

There's are DIFFERENT tickets to get into each of the An Cafe events...just an FYI.

As for quotas and who has what and stuff, there's threads in here that have already covered it.

http://www.fanime.com/musicfest/schedule.html
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,9659.0.html
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

japonaliya

No..that doesn't answer my question!

(1) what does reserved mean? Only that you can pick up ticket on Friday if you punched it the promo code, or are the seating reserved? Also i am ONLY asking about the CONCERT at this time, NOT the other stuff...

(2) I pre-registered  ages ago...I can't remember if i used a an cafe promo code or not...how can I find out?
On my "post-card" printout, it only has my acct. number and personal info..nothing else.

(3) PARKING!!! No one has mentioned how you can park AT the convention center (not the downtown parking) and at what price per day...I know about the links to parking, but the convetion center link says the parking prices are set by the particular event (Fanimecon) so again...how much per day to park?

BrightHeart76

Quote from: japonaliya on May 18, 2008, 03:30:35 PM

(1) what does reserved mean? Only that you can pick up ticket on Friday if you punched it the promo code, or are the seating reserved? Also i am ONLY asking about the CONCERT at this time, NOT the other stuff...

(2) I pre-registered  ages ago...I can't remember if i used a an cafe promo code or not...how can I find out?
On my "post-card" printout, it only has my acct. number and personal info..nothing else.

(3) PARKING!!! No one has mentioned how you can park AT the convention center (not the downtown parking) and at what price per day...I know about the links to parking, but the convetion center link says the parking prices are set by the particular event (Fanimecon) so again...how much per day to park?

Wow!  Attitude much?  Seriously, the answers are available both on the home page and in different places in the forums.  If you'd bother to LOOK you'd be able to find them.  If that's simply too much work for you then e-mail the staff in charge. 

Do I know the answers to your questions?  Yes.  Am I going to waste my time explaining it to someone who is coming off as a spoiled brat?  No. 

Good luck.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

slimchance

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,9659.0/topicseen.html

I suggest you to look at this topic.  It will help you a lot.

1. Reserved mean reserved... duhh... and you can only pick up on Day Zero when you pick up your badge.  If you do not pick up your reserved ticket on day zero, you lose it. 
There are no seating reserved.  Basic... first come first serve... if u are in the line for the whole day, you probably get the best seat in the house. 

Other 2 questions, i can't help you.... but look at that topic... people ask a lot of important questions.

Shi_Musouka

http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/parking_map.php

This is what I found for the parking. San Jose Convention Center parking is covered somewhere in there(rectangle near the San Carlos and Almaden intersection). I'm pretty sure the center rate is standard regardless of event, but it should say on the website if there's a special rate or not.

Reserved tickets are for those who entered the promo code upon registration. You are guaranteed your reserved ticket until after Friday. You can still get a ticket if you don't pick up your reserved ticket in time, since they're increasing the number of tickets given each day. I'm pretty sure they'll be giving out as many tickets as the staffer working the booth can humanly process within the hours. Tony mentioned that he took the processing rate into account when setting the hours and it should be enough for everyone in line to get served(hopefully)

japonaliya

To those who tried to answer my Qs ...arigatou...

To BrightHeart:

Wow!  Attitude much?  Seriously, the answers are available both on the home page and in different places in the forums.  If you'd bother to LOOK you'd be able to find them.  If that's simply too much work for you then e-mail the staff in charge.

Do I know the answers to your questions?  Yes.  Am I going to waste my time explaining it to someone who is coming off as a spoiled brat?  No.

Good luck.

No...not all MY questions were answered in the links provided, though some might have been..anyway, just because I wanted a simple clarification and some help, doesn't make me a spoiled brat with an attitude..dude! or...dudette!!

jemz

Quote from: japonaliya on May 18, 2008, 07:55:32 AM
What does this mean? What is reserved ticket as opposed to a ticket picked up on say, Fri"? 

Can ANYONE with as pre-reg. badge pick up a concert ticket on Thursday, or did you need the An Cafe promo code??? (which I forgot to use when registering)

Also there is no quota for tickets on Thurs. does that mean they will be giving out over 1,000 tickets or more since all the other days quotas equal well under the totla of 3,000...?

Reserved tickets are tickets held specifically for all paid pre-registration memberships who have entered any of our three promotional codes. They are the only tickets given out on Thursday to all those who have picked up their membership badges.

Everyone who does not have a promo code entered can still pick up tickets at any of our scheduled times. Tony made sure there were lots of chances for those to pick one to accommodate fans who are unable to come on Thursday or Friday to pick up the tickets.

Quote from: japonaliya on May 18, 2008, 07:55:32 AM
Would I just be better off coming down on Saturday and picking up the badge and ticket then? I am really mainly attending the concert.

It's up to you! :D The lines on Saturday and Sunday to pick up a membership badge tend to be a lot longer than our Registration staff would like and that would have to figure in to your time schedule.

For any information about your account, feel free to ask [email protected]!

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that one. But if you check some of the threads in the Hotels section, they may help you out.

Many times, organizations holding functions at the convention center will just use the CC's current price listing. So you can use that as a ballpark figure in your budgeting.

If you have any other questions about the concert, please post on the An Cafe ticket thread. Tony and I usually check that thread once a day and as the convention draws closer (only a few days more!), we have very limited time to answer questions on the forum. I only track that particular thread and may miss questions posted on other parts of the forums.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

japonaliya

jemz

Quote from: japonaliya on May 19, 2008, 09:19:49 AM
Jemz:

THANKS!!

ARIGATOU GOZAIMASHITA!!

Dou ittashimashite!

See ya at Fanime in a few days. :D
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Ari

OKAY PARKING PARKING PARKING!

YES THERE IS PARKING IN THE CONVENTION CENTER AND YES IT COSTS MONEY.

Quite a bit so you better save up. The parking garage is located under the convention center or if you have booked a room at any adjoining hotel next to the center they have their own parking garages which are free for patrons.

If you can't pay the fifty-some-odd dollars that it takes to park in the con there is also parking garages and parking lots 2-3 blocks away from the con. The one that i use is the one across the street from Mcdonalds. Trust me there are plenty of parking lots/garages around, the lots will have bigs signs considering the tech museum and stuff is close to the convention center. If you have no clue where Mcdonalds and stuff is refer to my shitty paint picture of all the food places.

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,8996.msg220601.html#msg220601

noegoy

Does anyone know if the San Jose State parking garage is open that weekend long, and do they allow parking for the convention? It is about a a block or two away from the convention center.

phoenixphire24

Parking: yes the convention center has parking and last time I checked it was $10 per day, with no in-out privilages. So if you leave the lot, you have to re-pay to go back in even if it's the same day.

If you're staying at a hotel, some have lots, others have valet. If you look up the hotel info on the main page, there were prices listed for the hotel parking (most were $10-20 with in-out privilages).

flishy

hmm isnt that weekend also graduation for sjsu students? that would possible mean more traffic :O

Ari

Idk if it is graduation but the parking garages and lots are open all weekend long. :|

noegoy

If I'm not mistaken they still have graduation ceremonies held at the Spartan Stadium which is a few miles away.

M

Quote from: noegoy on May 20, 2008, 10:23:25 AM
If I'm not mistaken they still have graduation ceremonies held at the Spartan Stadium which is a few miles away.
This.

Parking has never been an issue for FanimeCon since we moved to San Jose. Obviously, there's more people during the weekend, but that's only because people like going out after they graduate :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!