18 injured when fair ride breaks...

Started by Gatsby, May 18, 2008, 11:22:25 PM

Gatsby

YoYo Ride Collapse Injures 18 At Calaveras County Fair

Friday, May 16, 2008 - 09:45 PM
Bill Johnson
MyMotherLode News Director

Angels Camp, CA -- 18 young people were injured when the YoYo ride collapsed shortly after six o'clock this evening at the Calaveras County Fair and Jumping Frog Jubilee.

Sheriff Dennis Downum says the three critically injured were life-flighted to three hospitals: Doctors Medical Center and Memorial North in Modesto and the U.C. Davis Medical Center. The first call to emergency responders was recorded at 6:11pm.

OSHA inspectors have been summoned to determine the cause of the collapse.

O_O Since I live in Columbia I was thinking about heading to the fair because it's like 20 minutes away... glad I didn't. Two of my bestfriends were about to get on the doomed ride but he felt sick and they decided to sit that one out. They watched as it collapsed

Kazuko

I remember hearing that, My sister said she still would go to the carnival

things happen, sucks though

Mister_E

I would go there to, I mean what's safer than a Carnival that just had a accident all the rides would be all tuned up and safe.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Gatsby

I'd still go but I'm glad I didn't go at that time. Though the likely hood of actually being on it when it broke would be slim.