a question for the ladies...

Started by papertiger11, May 19, 2008, 07:19:40 PM

ororo

This is all really dumb because

I'm a girl, and I pretty much walk around thinking about sex all the time, and wishing guys would approach me more often so I could you know

have sex

all the time

Pretty much everywhere I go I'm checking out guys and thinking about having sex with them.   

So please get over your fears and approach girls so we can all have sex.

By the way I do my fair share of approaching guys, but it's way better when the guy approaches me, for whatever reason...   

If a girl makes repeated eye contact with you from across a room chances are she probably thinks you're hot.  Or would at least talk to you.   

And if a girl thinks you're creepy, screw her anyways.  I have never thought to myself "damn that dude is CREEEEEPY"    Unless he did some weird shit like follow me home or w/e.    You only live once... 

"People are just people, they shouldn't make you nervous"   

I have to tell myself that a lot when I get worried about someone judging me; really there are too many people in the world to be afraid of someone thinking negatively of you.  Chances are for each person that dislikes you, there's one out there that likes you :)  You'll never know unless you meet them !

Reipen

Quote from: ororo on May 24, 2008, 02:18:55 PM

I'm a girl, and I pretty much walk around thinking about sex all the time, and wishing guys would approach me more often so I could you know

have sex

all the time

Pretty much everywhere I go I'm checking out guys and thinking about having sex with them.   

By the way I do my fair share of approaching guys, but it's way better when the guy approaches me, for whatever reason...   

If a girl makes repeated eye contact with you from across a room chances are she probably thinks you're hot.  Or would at least talk to you.   

And if a girl thinks you're creepy, screw her anyways.  I have never thought to myself "damn that dude is CREEEEEPY"    Unless he did some weird shit like follow me home or w/e.    You only live once... 

I have to tell myself that a lot when I get worried about someone judging me; really there are too many people in the world to be afraid of someone thinking negatively of you.  Chances are for each person that dislikes you, there's one out there that likes you :)  You'll never know unless you meet them !

Reasons People may not be doing this:

For myself personally, I'm older than 18.... so anyone younger is a BIG NO NO......

And at this con, It's like everyone is 16 (or looks so).....

Secondly, you must be one of the horniest women i've ever heard of.

papertiger11

well for me its a bit more complicated. i'm brown (read as indian), have long black hair and a goatee. i've had some interesting experiences here in california due to my race which makes me even more apprehensive to approach people. i'm originally from dallas and believe it or not, never ran into anything like that there.

PK

Quote from: papertiger11 on May 24, 2008, 07:44:31 PM
well for me its a bit more complicated. i'm brown (read as indian), have long black hair and a goatee. i've had some interesting experiences here in california due to my race which makes me even more apprehensive to approach people. i'm originally from dallas and believe it or not, never ran into anything like that there.
Dallas..Texas???
o.o

papertiger11

yep, the conservative south...

PK

LOL
well I live in Fort Worth
small world isnt it
:3

Squeeky_Moonkin

I think it all depends. If the guy sincerly wants to be social and say hi, I am all done for that. Its the idiots who have nothing better to do and just act extremely retarded afterwards. Just introducing yourself is harmless ^_^

Siatsu

I think it comes down to "reading" people and who is approachable and who is not.

nf33

Quote from: Siatsu on May 24, 2008, 09:34:39 PM
I think it comes down to "reading" people and who is approachable and who is not.

very true but that can be very very hard for some of us

ultrazyn

have sex

all the time

YO WHERE U BE STAYIN AT?

Miss Genesis

Well, I personally am not insulted at all by this. :)
Confidence is very attractive! keep that in mind! :D

the only reason I'd be insulted is if a guy came up and asked me out for coffee or something before I even knew what his name is.*
Or if you were staring at her clevage or ass or something. >.> **

Keep in mind that confidence is attractive, but politeness is key. :)

*this DID happen. several times. lol.
**this also happens. often. v.v
Finding me is useless without the warrent, Loves. <3

Lactose

Quote from: ultrazyn on May 25, 2008, 12:17:11 PM

have sex

all the time

YO WHERE U BE STAYIN AT?

post 1, look at that.

ororo you better watch out, you've got guys making accounts just to talk to you.
Lactose = Liz

SheikOfTwili

><;

I had many come up to me...especially as Dizzy....erm,.

But..as long as you don't ask for a kiss..I think us girls should be fine.. <_<;

Mango Bunny

Be nice. Some guy went up and asked if I wanted a bite to eat. I was impressed because he wasn't that dude staring at me for like 4 hours. Don't be that dude.

Reinna

*casually chatted with random guys throughout most of Fanime, but at one point ended up with kind of a creepy stalker type person that was very difficult to scrape off*

DO:
Talk to me about what kind of anime/games/manga I'm cosplaying, or what interests me.
Chat with me about the abovewhile I'm on my staff shift up front, or waiting in line, waiting for an elevator, etc.
Ask me for a picture.
Ask me about a panel, masquerade, what I think about this con, or conventions in general.

DO NOT:
Stare creepily at me.
Ask me where I live, what school I go to, whether or not I have a boyfriend, or other personal information unless we've been chatting and having a good time for a while.
Follow me around after meeting me for all of two minutes.
Follow me around con, and to my hotel.
Continue to try and strike up a conversation when I've been trying to ignore you, and have already casually dropped the fact that I already have a boyfriend, kthx.
Force me to threaten to call SOS on you.

rubymoonIII

this weekend was good i got chatted up by guys anfd gals
:3 i got hit on by a hawt  drunk asian guy
:3:3 and for the record.. more :3
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

Kaura117

Quote from: Lactose on May 26, 2008, 02:11:05 PM
Quote from: ultrazyn on May 25, 2008, 12:17:11 PM

have sex

all the time

YO WHERE U BE STAYIN AT?

post 1, look at that.

ororo you better watch out, you've got guys making accounts just to talk to you.

Just as a friendly reminder, ladies, XY chromosome sets aren't usually the mental impairment that ultrazyn's presence seems to suggest it is...

rubymoonIII

@Digitalberii <--Twitter

ultrazyn

i was kidding...but not really tho =D

i got a gf ^_^

Poacher

As one of a dying breed (Trigun Cosplayers) I make a point of talking to people when i stop for photo breaks, be it with pro photographers or your average fangirl with a point&click.  I've got a girlfriend, am definatly not shy, and dont have a problem with meeting new people.  Even so, i feel that i can still inspire people (even after the Con) to go out and strike up conversation.  If someone asks to take your picture, strike your pose.  When the pictures are done start to talk, ask if they're a fan of the show, who they're favorite character is, what other series they watch, that sort of deal.  for three years now i have been grouping up with a pair of guys dressed as Light and Dark Vash the Stampede (Jeremy and Will respectively) and would never have developed a friendship with them outside of Fanime if i hadn't clung to them all weekend, taken photoes, eatten lunch, rocked out at the rave, and just generally shot the breeze with them.  Another awesome thing about Fanime is the size.  It isnt like ComicCon where the crowds resemble those of Disneyland.  Each year i start to reqognise more and more faces from the previous years.

That whole deal with "be yourself" doesn't make any sense to me.  We all come to Fanime to be someone DIFFERENT.  If we went as ourselves it wouldn't be nearly as fun. I'm Steve, but i don't go to Fanime as Steve, at Fanime i am Nicholas D. Wolfwood.  Different is what gets attention, Fanime is all about being who you WANT to be.

And on a side note:

I actully spent my first year at Fanime trying to pick up chicks.  then i realise that i was at an Anime Convention....
Then i thoug back on all the times i had successfully picked up a girl at an anime con....
then realised i never had....

Cons are for making friends, not "fuck-buddies"
~Butchering the art of Zen one living room at a time~