a question for the ladies...

Started by papertiger11, May 19, 2008, 07:19:40 PM

fragiledreamer

heh - I'm a lesbian so I dont really care if guys come up to me.  Say hi all you want.
Fanime 2009
Shippuden Gaara - Returning
Kazekage Gaara - Returning
Elizabeth Swann - 100%
Lil' Gaara - 5%
Formal BW Ball Gaara - 50%
Hitsugaya Toshiro - uh... i have a sword?
Tasuki? - 20%

questionette

Quote from: Atlus on May 20, 2008, 09:05:32 AM
Watch this, it will answer all of your questions....ever...in life:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI&feature=user
;D ;D

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA
I love the part when they're about to kiss

LMAO

This video is also kind of sad...because some guys ACTUALLY talk like that

shy-cosplayer

i sure wouldn't mind. I love meeting new people, but i'm too shy (hence the name) to go up to people!

Kaura117

Quote from: shy-cosplayer on May 20, 2008, 04:52:53 PM
i sure wouldn't mind. I love meeting new people, but i'm too shy (hence the name) to go up to people!

On that note, I think most of the advice so far actually applies- somewhat- to girls. Mainly the "go up to 'em and talk geek" part. Really, just as most girls don't bite (stressing the most- some folks. Jeez.), most guys aren't creepy sicko bastards liable to ambush you in dark alleyways. Life would be a lot easier if both sexes got over our socially-implemented hangups and just talked to each other- especially life for us geeks.

We're equals, yeah? Let's act like it, folks.  8)

Dancing Lanza

Quote from: fragiledreamer on May 20, 2008, 02:40:19 PM
heh - I'm a lesbian so I dont really care if guys come up to me.  Say hi all you want.
in that case...
can I go say hi to you? since knowing you won't be interest in me, so I won't have to worry about how I act as much, maybe I'll be less nervous and get use to talking to girls without being nervous? =P
http://www.cosspace.com/DancingLanza
www.myspace.com/dancingL

I GOT A WEBCAM!! Hit me up on AIM if interested =D
or MSN~

PK

Quote from: Kaura117 on May 20, 2008, 05:01:11 PM
Quote from: shy-cosplayer on May 20, 2008, 04:52:53 PM

On that note, I think most of the advice so far actually applies- somewhat- to girls. Mainly the "go up to 'em and talk geek" part. Really, just as most girls don't bite (stressing the most- some folks. Jeez.), most guys aren't creepy sicko bastards liable to ambush you in dark alleyways. Life would be a lot easier if both sexes got over our socially-implemented hangups and just talked to each other- especially life for us geeks.

We're equals, yeah? Let's act like it, folks.  8)

hehe for me it's more of a phobia..not of just men but people in general..

at conventions it's the only place i feel a little more relieved..going to conventions is helping me overcome my fear
>.<
It just takes me a while to actually warm up to people..
But once i'm in my comfy zone i could talk forever

^^

Thisiskat

you can talk to whomever, it's a con we are there for same reason, of course it's alright to say hello.

rubymoonIII

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 19, 2008, 07:59:12 PM
What a bunch of idiots?

Question. How do you expect to meet/talk to someone, if you do not go up and say hi?

Going up and saying hi is fine, it's what you do AFTER that, that makes things good/bad/awkward/creepy.

Meeting people? Any. It matters what kind of people you want to meet. Generally, people go to ones... that they enjoy. I.E. they will go to a cosplay gathering for a series they enjoy...

Why does this thread scream and cry desperate and lonely, who is caring more about trying to meet a cute girl (of which he will screw it up bad with and/or become "a friend" to) over doing things the person enjoys.
dont listen to that poor lonley  guy

heres my advice from an actual girl ( iam agirl... im a tomboy all my life ive hung around guys)
^_^

i think its easier at anime cons to talk to girls since they are into anime/ video games or j-rock
its easier to talk to a girl while oure doing something
A. int he dealers room  while shes looking at  something ( a plushie or a book or an object)

B. Video game room playing on the same machine as you

i actually met my bf at Fanime con  he just came up and talked to me  first we were friends tho
so dont  worry guys  if the first girl doesnt bite try again later :3

@Digitalberii <--Twitter

papertiger11

thanks for the nice and encouraging post!

rubymoonIII

Quote from: papertiger11 on May 21, 2008, 12:46:40 AM
thanks for the nice and encouraging post!
ur welcome i you need someone to talk to look me up at fanime i'll be wearnhttp://www.gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=232022 that cosplay on friday
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

kgHapa

Quote from: questionette on May 20, 2008, 03:44:05 PM
Quote from: Atlus on May 20, 2008, 09:05:32 AM
Watch this, it will answer all of your questions....ever...in life:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI&feature=user
;D ;D

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA
I love the part when they're about to kiss

LMAO

This video is also kind of sad...because some guys ACTUALLY talk like that
glad you liked it :D theres a part 2 as well, also quite hilarious lol

Jerry

Quote from: rubymoonIII on May 21, 2008, 12:23:52 AM

heres my advice from an actual girl ( iam agirl... im a tomboy all my life ive hung around guys)
^_^

i think its easier at anime cons to talk to girls since they are into anime/ video games or j-rock its easier to talk to a girl while youre doing something:

A. int he dealers room  while shes looking at  something ( a plushie or a book or an object)

i actually met my bf at Fanime con  he just came up and talked to me  first we were friends tho so dont  worry guys  if the first girl doesnt bite try again later :3

Usually people also casually meet on the main concourse, like during cosplay gatherings... waiting in line or sometimes the accidental damsel in anime distress situation.

or the occasional accidental mistaken identity and super running glomp of happy doom....

as for girls "biting" some guys are into it... others are probably afriad run for the hills...

or me... if i see to much cleavage i LITERALLY get nosebleeds.
yes. it DOES happen.   :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

fragiledreamer

Quote from: Dancing Lanza on May 20, 2008, 10:25:05 PM
Quote from: fragiledreamer on May 20, 2008, 02:40:19 PM
in that case...
can I go say hi to you? since knowing you won't be interest in me, so I won't have to worry about how I act as much, maybe I'll be less nervous and get use to talking to girls without being nervous? =P

Heh - sure - I'll NOT be cosplaying on friday... but i'll be the one in black fishnet armbands... but I'll be Gaara Sat and Sun... and normal again on monday.  Say hi if you want... I'm blonde - *waves*
Fanime 2009
Shippuden Gaara - Returning
Kazekage Gaara - Returning
Elizabeth Swann - 100%
Lil' Gaara - 5%
Formal BW Ball Gaara - 50%
Hitsugaya Toshiro - uh... i have a sword?
Tasuki? - 20%

rubymoonIII

@Digitalberii <--Twitter

shy-cosplayer

Say hi to me! Ill be wearing a black lace dress tomorrow and holding a black and orange purse! =]

PyronIkari

Quote from: rubymoonIII on May 21, 2008, 12:23:52 AM

^_^

i think its easier at anime cons to talk to girls since they are into anime/ video games or j-rock
its easier to talk to a girl while oure doing something

i actually met my bf at Fanime con  he just came up and talked to me  first we were friends tho
so dont  worry guys  if the first girl doesnt bite try again later :3

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT a second. Basically... you said, don't listen to me, when what I said isn't too much different from what you said. You're basically telling people... not to listen to you either.

Me... lonely? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahahha
hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I currently live with my girlfriend.

I've had no trouble finding a girlfriend the majority of my life. I've never had trouble talking to girls, whether it be to befriend them, or to pursue a relationship with them.

Oh, but you have a vagina, so that means, you automatically know more, except, you contradict yourself by saying you're a tomboy. So your opinion goes out the window since you're not the "average girl" anymore, and are now an exception to the rule.

But it's not like your post actually gave any useful information anyways.

It's not that hard, approach girl... say hi, then make a comment appropriate for the situation. Carry a conversation from there, see where it leads.

Kazuko

I have a vagina  ;D

btw I agree with Mikey, Just cause your a tomboy dosent mean your an AVERAGE GIRL

I ammm tooo girly

jeans

Well papertiger, unless you are a guy named Eric who chatted me up on the way home from Fanime tonight on the light rail, I think you'll do fine.

Here's what Eric did wrong:
-he asked too many personal questions right off the bat (have you lived in San Jose long, where are you going, who do you live with, can I get your number?)
-he didn't pick up on the cues from me that I obviously didn't want to talk.

So basically, stick to "neutral" topics (anime, manga, etc. at the con, maybe likes/dislikes if you notice she has a pin on her bag of your favorite band or whatnot). Pay attention to her. If she answers you but doesn't ask a question back, or sticks to simple "yes" or "no" answers, then back off. If she seems like she wants to have a conversation with you, then continue on. Also know when to stop. If she keeps checking her cell phone or looking at her schedule, she probably wants to stop talking to you and go elsewhere. Smile, say it was nice to meet her, and that you hope you'll see her around. If you get a good vibe from her, maybe she'll ask for YOUR number! Good luck!

kgHapa

Has anybody tried:
"Hows your day going?"
Thats a good one rofl

PK

^
you may get the whole ramble from how they got up that morning, to what they ate..and all that jazz

XD

I asked another girl that once and it was a never ending on how her trip was since she got here
She never left a detail out
XD