Say something the rest of us might not know about you

Started by questionette, May 19, 2008, 08:30:12 PM

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Naiagu on June 06, 2013, 03:17:57 PM
Quote from: Lucifargundam on June 06, 2013, 02:32:27 PM
Quote from: Naiagu on June 06, 2013, 02:26:43 PM
I set up PG&E for the first time yesterday, ;-; curse my adult life!
Now count the number of bills you have to pay. Now reminisce about how many classes you had and how much homework you had for each class....

If only paying bills could be more like doing homework...

I wish!

After working with smartphones and tablets I have come to the conclusion I will probably never own a tablet or any amazon devices.
At least you get to deal with tech- my job is devoid of it...  I don't have a tablet but never seriously considered investing in one because it seems soo... pointless for my uses.

I'm gonna hold off on reading "Shadows Edge" and finish my Lovecraft collection...

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Naiagu

Quote from: Lucifargundam on June 06, 2013, 04:20:56 PM
Quote from: Naiagu on June 06, 2013, 03:17:57 PM
Quote from: Lucifargundam on June 06, 2013, 02:32:27 PM
Quote from: Naiagu on June 06, 2013, 02:26:43 PM
I set up PG&E for the first time yesterday, ;-; curse my adult life!
Now count the number of bills you have to pay. Now reminisce about how many classes you had and how much homework you had for each class....

If only paying bills could be more like doing homework...

I wish!

After working with smartphones and tablets I have come to the conclusion I will probably never own a tablet or any amazon devices.
At least you get to deal with tech- my job is devoid of it...  I don't have a tablet but never seriously considered investing in one because it seems soo... pointless for my uses.

I'm gonna hold off on reading "Shadows Edge" and finish my Lovecraft collection...

I agree, tablets are pointless to me too. @_@

I work at a mobile gaming company so I get to use all the devices ever. You'd think I'd have a smartphone too but I don't. .__.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

Lucifargundam

I have a smartphone but lack the drive to go and develope apps.....   I used to collect consoles but I had some stolen/taken away...

limDsage

I work as an IT tech support, but I don't really consider my job a job since I always deal with anything IT-related in my everyday life even if I'm not at work.

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

Lucifargundam

Quote from: limDsage on June 06, 2013, 09:42:56 PM
I work as an IT tech support, but I don't really consider my job a job since I always deal with anything IT-related in my everyday life even if I'm not at work.
I consider this very insightful and very valueable information since newcommers into this field lack any input from people who are already in it.  I currently have no idea what it takes to take on such jobs or even qualify, since all I know is what is here an there imo... and since the IT field is ever-growing, I don't know what standards are being set for each positon/company...  My self-confidence is there but I always feel like there's "just one more thing" that I need to take on to be able to simply "qualify"....

I'm decently sure I can manage servers on my own- creating a website from pure code is easy- creating a flash application is like doodling to me- thers really alot I can do, but can never really see past my own insecurities when it comes down to "do you have what it takes?".... I guess thats why I always drive myself towards always pushing myself further beyond the current standard/limit...

PinkHairSasuke

I'm actually having to work in the morning today. Very surprising.

Naiagu

I am apparently going to the NorCal Summer Gathering on the 15th.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:

limDsage

Quote from: Lucifargundam on June 07, 2013, 02:00:49 AM
Quote from: limDsage on June 06, 2013, 09:42:56 PM
I consider this very insightful and very valueable information since newcommers into this field lack any input from people who are already in it.  I currently have no idea what it takes to take on such jobs or even qualify, since all I know is what is here an there imo... and since the IT field is ever-growing, I don't know what standards are being set for each positon/company...  My self-confidence is there but I always feel like there's "just one more thing" that I need to take on to be able to simply "qualify"....

I'm decently sure I can manage servers on my own- creating a website from pure code is easy- creating a flash application is like doodling to me- thers really alot I can do, but can never really see past my own insecurities when it comes down to "do you have what it takes?".... I guess thats why I always drive myself towards always pushing myself further beyond the current standard/limit...

Different companies have their own set expectations in terms of IT, but in my experience, as long as you know what you are doing and you are able to formulate solutions to a problem given, then that's already a plus in qualifying for the job.

Getting a degree is fine and all, but certifications are more important IMO. The reason for it is because certifications also helps employers validate the credibility of your skills and knowledge in the current position you are trying to apply to (for example, I have a CompTIA A+ certification meaning I have taken the test and proved myself to be able to handle being a PC technician/tech support while my Microsoft Certified IT Professional validates that I am able to manage Windows Server environments along with Active Directory and Networking Administration).

The best tip I can give you is that focus on whatever IT position you're going to, study it real hard and do a lot of lab work, and get certified. It's somewhat a tough process but it becomes second nature to you once you integrate it to your everyday life.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I get bored easily with company meetings, but I have to attend them because I have to. lol

Summer break starts next week!!! Subarashī!!!

limDsage

I like roadtrips a lot. I just don't have enough time to start doing a big adventure because of work.

Lucifargundam

I feel "bleh" alot when I'm not having fun or doing something of interest...

JohnnyAR

Big ol' storm passed over NC, it was as if Thor himself stopped by...

Lucifargundam

i take out there stereo contols to my car when i park it.

PinkHairSasuke

Sometimes, I make plans for something and then forget about them when I find out I'll be able to them.

Alyxiane

I sometimes record myself singing whenever nobody else is home. ... And I'd say I'm a pretty decent singer... I think. o3o;
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Lucifargundam

I bought a waterpick today... dental hygene bonus...

Naiagu

My new apartment is starting to look like an otaku home @_@ we have so much nerdy anime stuff. So much...
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:

Barnes

I'm ashamed to admit that I had to look up some guides for FF III (SNES)  :(
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

PinkHairSasuke

I plan to hook up my SNES to play some old school Kirby later.

Naiagu

Still need to buy disk 4 of .hack game to complete my set @_@ it's so expensive now.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur: