Quick constume?

Started by nlai, May 19, 2008, 10:23:51 PM

nlai

I'd like to cosplay for the convention. I'm a newb at sewing, I work 45 hours a week, and to top it off, I don't know my way around SF (I came to the US about 2 weeks ago).

How can I make a costume cheaply, easily, and quickly?

zoupzuop2

Make a green diamond shape, and get a wire of some sort, and find a way to attach it to a hat. Presto! --you're a Sim.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Yukari Kaiba

hit up thrift stores and pick a cosplay thats normal clothing (Death Note being a prime example).
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

kuroi

Are you in SF, or the general Bay Area? Either way, there should be tons of thrift shops. Find a series that doesn't have crazy costumes, find a thrift shop, and go! ^^ I love thrift shops for easy cosplays (as well as finding things to mutilate into costumes), and there are a lot of series with outfits you can easily find in thrift shops. Plus, it'll be cheap!
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

questionette

Stick your head through a giant square piece of poster board and label it "Brain Age"

error00004

I think I agree with DeathNote

L is the easiest
Long white sleeve shirt
blue jeans....done.
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ

slimchance

wear dark pant and white shirt.  There you go - Shiraishi from Lucky Channel.  Make sure you find Akira Kogami...

To make Shiraishi special, wear a twin drill head band with red ribbon.... Awesome

Wear a black suit, Black and white scarf, color ur hair black and white stripe....on one side... now you are Death the Kid from Soul Eater.

nlai

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on May 19, 2008, 10:29:05 PM
hit up thrift stores and pick a cosplay thats normal clothing (Death Note being a prime example).

What other (popular) series has characters who wear (distinctive) normal clothing?

edendreams

Lol i did shion

Bought a miniskirt and turtle neck from goodwill. then bought a wig some quick sewing *DONE*

a little art by me ^-^

Kyley

Quote from: edendreams on May 19, 2008, 11:52:45 PM
Lol i did shion

Bought a miniskirt and turtle neck from goodwill. then bought a wig some quick sewing *DONE*

Ah really?!  Ok, then next year we'll really have to do Mion and Shion!  Twins, yay!   :D

Rei-Rei

You could also do a white tux with a tall top hat and a cape and be the character from Conan.

Jerry

buy an eye patch ($2) thift store.

carry some burnt copies of movies, cds, and bootleg stuff.

you are now a pirate.  ;)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

OniCourseMusha

FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

nlai

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on May 20, 2008, 01:20:25 PM
If you have an asian face, look here!
http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/02/25/cosplay-in-just-minutes-a-day/

I'm asian, short black hair tho.
And not that brain age costume please.

Anyone got any quick costumes for an asian guy with short black hair?

I have jeans (blue, black), black dress pants, beige khakis, dress shirts (black, grey, blue, white, yellow), t-shirts (blue, white, red), a white hoodie, a black sweater, and uh, that's about it in terms of clothing.