Limebarb? Any experience? Heeeeelp. COSTUME MIA.

Started by Mango Bunny, May 21, 2008, 12:19:14 AM

Mango Bunny

Some of us are not talented and we have to commission. We went with limebarb since they've gotten some pretty good feedback. So the costume was supposed to be done on Sunday at the LATEST. They claimed it would be fine for the con, all on time. great. Ok. Stressful, but ok.

Anyone dealt with them before? Because I haven't heard from them since last week and they won't respond now. Do they send notification out? I'd assume so. Bah

Anyone know another way to contact them?

This of course is putting a damper on everything.

Inuashley

I've ordered from her once before, for Warrior Rikku, a costume I didn't want to deal with making myself; unfortunately I had to rip apart the bodysuit and sew in snaps just to get into it, since there was no way to do so at the time. There were also a lot of other costume fixes(shorts, straps, etc), but, like you, the costume came late, and so, like it said on her website, I asked for compensation since she missed her deadline, so she made me some parts of Riku's KH2 outfit(which also came much later than she said). Said Riku costume ended up coming in about 7 sizes bigger than me. Me and my friend spent over 13 hours last weekend tearing apart everything, taking it in to fit me, and making the parts that she didn't send. I know other people who've ordered from her, and they got their costumes in similar states, and late as well.

Long story short(TL;DR): Limebarb does a good job with fabric choices and overall construction, however, her customer service(or lack thereof, emails were always very late; I run a wig commission business, and there was no excuse for how late those emails were) and bad sizing abilities makes me tell people not to order from her.

You can also check the updates section of her website for tracking numbers, they'll show up there before she ever emails you about it.
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

Mango Bunny

Thanks a lot. Just having info puts me at ease somewhat.

KamijoIsLove

Tell me about it, dear. My friend (Nazaki, on this forum) and I commissioned a costume each from her a looooooooong time ago. I think back in September. We sent our reserve payments in that time, and then our final payments before April, as our deadline was the first of this month.

Still nothing. Supposedly they're going to be express shipped last second and should arrive tomorrow (SO last second; there was a reason we set our date a month before the con =__= ), but then again she promised a couple of other due dates over the month with no actual turnout. Mind you, it was only until my friend started really getting pissed and cracking down on barb did she finally start replying. *sigh* I've had a past work from her before, and it was nicely constructed and arrived on time. I dunno what's up now. Busy month? I'd like to continue commissioning from her, but after this strain, I'm having doubts.

Well, you're not alone. xD Glad to know, in a sense, that I wasn't the only one in the dark. Though I guess that's not much consolation to you. =/ Heheh.

felicity869

Limebarb is almost always late. Most comissioners are. I've heard many horror stories about people getting their costumes/wigs/props almost a year late. Limebarb is one of the few that make good costumes though, just who knows when you'll get it. I seriously don't know a single cosplay comissioner that regularly get's their costumes out in time :(

KamijoIsLove

Yeeeeahhh...hence why we set our date a month in advance. Still nothing. Dx!

Mango Bunny

Thanks guys, we got the package today. It needs alterations though....so huzzah. No time for that. =/

Nazaki

We got our package today! IT'S EPIC! Even if it was late. Luckily no alterations were needed. ^o^
Mango cake. It's like strawberry cake. But with mangoes instead of strawberries.

Look for me at Fanime! I'll be the chick wearing a red velvet dress, dead on the floor from heat stroke.

travisokawa

I have LimeBarb uniform as well - Roy Mustang's uniform. I'll be at the 10 a.m. FMA photoshoot on Saturday (yay, it's today), so you can ask me about it. ^_^