Hilton Hotel Questions and Answers

Started by HILTONSTAFF, May 21, 2008, 09:57:06 AM

HILTONSTAFF

Hello,

I will be monitoring the forums these 2 days before the Convention and will try to answer any questions or concerns regarding The Hilton in San Jose.

Please post your questions and/or concerns...

Thank you for choosing the Hilton San Jose and we look forward to servicing your needs during Fanime!!!
HILTON STAFF
Travel should take you places

FanFicGuru

Wow, this is cool. Well, I know the answer to most of these already but I'll go ahead and post a few questions I know will be asked.

Check in/ Check out
1) When is Check in? Can we arrange to check in early? How early are we allowed to check in the day we arrive? Can we arrange a late check out? How late can our check-out be before incurring additional fees?

2) How does check in work? What do you need to process us and get us into our room as far as ID, Credit Cards, etc.? How old do you have to be to check in?

Room Stuff

1) Are there AV connections on the TV's? Where are they located?

2) How many people are legally permitted in a Hotel room at the Hilton? If we registered for 2 people and bring 3, will that be an issue? Do you have staff that insure the rooms all meet the fire-safety requirements as far as occupancy?

Other Stuff

1) What are parking costs?

2) Do you guys have internet? How much does it cost on a daily basis? Is there any way to get it for free?

Thank you. That's all for now.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Moonblossom

Oh, awesome! Thank you :D

I'd like to confirm about the AV inputs on the televisions too, as I've heard conflicting reports about those, and don't recall from last year.

I'm also curious to know what the rates for in-room internet are, if there's some sort of a package deal for registering several days at a time, or if it's a flat $10/day.

HILTONSTAFF

Sorry for the late reply... I couldn't access the forum for some reason... 

Here are some general hotel information...

Cancellation Policy is 72 hours prior to date of arrival

Check in / Check out

Check In Time is 4pm
Check Out Time is 12pm

We can take requests for an early check in, but it is not guaranteed.  As long as there's rooms available, we will try to accomodate everyone.  It will be a first come first serve basis.

Late check out will be honored up to 1pm without an extra charge.
From 1pm to 5pm there will be a half day charge
after 5pm will be a full day charge

In order to check in, your name must be on the reservation and you must provide a form of payment (credit card or cash)

The maximum number of people allowed in one room is 4 at all times.

Parking fees are...

Hotel Guests:
Self Parking $18/day with unlimited in and out privilege
Valet Parking $23/day with unlimited in and out privilege

Non Hotel Guests:
Self Parking
$6/hour then $1 per each half hour (up to 12 hours)
Anything over 12 hours will be charged extra
Valet
$9 up to one hour
$13 from 1 hour to 2 hours
$19 from 2 hours to 5 hours
$24 over 5 hours but less than 1 day

Internet:

Wireless in the lobby is complimentary
Business Center (with computer access) is available for 24 hours (hotel guests only) also complimentary

Rate options for internet service (in the room) via ethernet cable
·   1 hour = $5.95
·   24 hours = $9.95
·   3 days = $23.95
·   7 days = $49.95

The room televisions do not have AV connections (we apologize for that)

Let me know if you have other questions...

HILTON STAFF

abcbadcat

How late are the pools open til?

Is the pool heated?

HILTONSTAFF

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 21, 2008, 09:22:10 PM

Is the pool heated?

The pool hours are from 10am until 10pm
The workout room hours are from 6am until 10pm
Both are located on the 3rd floor

The pool and spa are both heated

abcbadcat

Quote from: HILTONSTAFF on May 21, 2008, 09:29:15 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on May 21, 2008, 09:22:10 PM

Is the pool heated?

The pool hours are from 10am until 10pm
The workout room hours are from 6am until 10pm
Both are located on the 3rd floor

The pool and spa are both heated

Awww, I wanted to end my night by working out and taking a dip in the pool then showering...

Oh well, I guess I can just start my day like that... (like normal people).

Alright, thanks alot.

Kender

So I'll probably get the answer to this tomorrow directly from staff, but my friend set up the net in our room per my request while I was out (and I'm paying for it out of my pocket and not asking her for help).  But when I came into the room and plugged my laptop in so I could check my mail for work purposes I found it asking for me to pay again.

Is it only able to be set up for a single computer?  I've never run into being asked a second time for payment before.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old.  We grow old because we stop playing."

HILTONSTAFF

Quote from: Kender on May 23, 2008, 01:52:49 AM
So I'll probably get the answer to this tomorrow directly from staff, but my friend set up the net in our room per my request while I was out (and I'm paying for it out of my pocket and not asking her for help).  But when I came into the room and plugged my laptop in so I could check my mail for work purposes I found it asking for me to pay again.

Is it only able to be set up for a single computer?  I've never run into being asked a second time for payment before.

The answer is yes, the billing recognizes each unique computer and will charge accordingly.  Inbox me your name and room number and I'll see what I can do for you.

HILTON STAFF

Kender

Quote from: HILTONSTAFF on May 23, 2008, 03:15:35 AM
Quote from: Kender on May 23, 2008, 01:52:49 AM

The answer is yes, the billing recognizes each unique computer and will charge accordingly.  Inbox me your name and room number and I'll see what I can do for you.

HILTON STAFF

Well that seems a touch ridiculous.  I've never had a hotel do that before.  If I had known that I never would have asked my friend to purchase it if she's the only one who is able to use it and I'm the one paying for it.

Forgive if I'm hesitant to message that much personal information.  It's nothing personal, but anyone can sign up for an account using a hotel's name so I prefer to error on the side of caution unless someone at the hotel can vouch this is truly official Hilton staff.  Am I able to resolve this at the front desk or via the tech help line instead?  Because honestly if it's only going to allow one computer I want it canceled and a refund issued.  My friend is using a mac and I'm using a pc so transferring files is not so easy and quick.

I usually rave about this Hilton, but this is a big negative I will let people I talk to know about.  I won't be getting internet within a Hilton room after this either.  I would hope this states it in the fine print, but my suggestion would be to make this more obvious knowledge in the future.  Some people do need to use more than one internet capable device
"We don't stop playing because we grow old.  We grow old because we stop playing."

HILTONSTAFF

BrightHeart76

I really like that you created this thread.  Shows a real willingness to comunicate with your guests in a way that is easy and natural for us.  Thank you!

I have no questions.  I'm really enjoying my stay with you.  Your staff is amazing, the hotel is beautiful.  I love the smell of roses when I come in! 

Really great guys.  Thank you!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

HILTONSTAFF

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 23, 2008, 11:04:37 PM
I really like that you created this thread.  Shows a real willingness to comunicate with your guests in a way that is easy and natural for us.  Thank you!

I have no questions.  I'm really enjoying my stay with you.  Your staff is amazing, the hotel is beautiful.  I love the smell of roses when I come in! 

Really great guys.  Thank you!

Thank you for your kind words... we appreciate your feedback

HILTON STAFF

Squeeky_Moonkin

Dude I am on the 3rd floor and I constantly can hear flushing toilets and water pipes in the wall. I also swear someone is vaccuming at 5am on the 4th floor. its insane @_@.

Siatsu

I have been woken up at 4am for the last two days by either pipes, what sounds like a washing machine or someone vacumeing too. I'm on the third floor. Any ideas what this is and what can be done about it?

HILTONSTAFF

We apologize for the noise from the pipes...

Whenever we have a full house, and everyone uses the bathroom/showers all at the same time, it makes a screeching noise from the pipes and some guests can hear it.  There isn't much we can do about the sound, but it will be addressed once we get renovated this year.

HILTON STAFF

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: HILTONSTAFF on May 24, 2008, 10:39:42 PM
We apologize for the noise from the pipes...

Whenever we have a full house, and everyone uses the bathroom/showers all at the same time, it makes a screeching noise from the pipes and some guests can hear it.  There isn't much we can do about the sound, but it will be addressed once we get renovated this year.

HILTON STAFF

thanks for letting me know that. other than that the stay has been great. the staff here are so nice ^_^

abcbadcat

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton.

I asked to get the cover off of the TV so I could plug in a video game system but I couldn't get it to work.

Not a problem with a hotel at all but it kinda sucked.

All in all, good show.

HILTONSTAFF

Sorry about that...

come next Fanime (in 2009) our newly renovated rooms will all have flat panel LCD TV's with outlets so you can bring your gaming consoles and enjoy... See you in Fanime 09

HILTON STAFF

M

Quote from: HILTONSTAFF on May 27, 2008, 01:45:20 AM
Sorry about that...

come next Fanime (in 2009) our newly renovated rooms will all have flat panel LCD TV's with outlets so you can bring your gaming consoles and enjoy... See you in Fanime 09

HILTON STAFF
Is there a list of rooms that will be renovated or possibly a way to request one of the said rooms when making a reservation? :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!