Fanime crunch time! Are you feeling the stress??

Started by YuffieK, May 21, 2008, 12:06:19 PM

YuffieK

As Fanime gets ever so much closer I know that a lot of you (like me) have TONS of stuff to work on cosplay-wise! So what are you guys working on? Do you have everything you need? Will you be able to finish in time?

I'm taking 6 costumes, two of which are completely done, two are about 80% done, one is my masquerade costume (which is no where NEAR being done... lolol), and one I barely started xD';.
I also have to style a complicated wig for my friend and help my other friend make her masquerade costume... ^^';

ahhhhhhh~

Eri Kagami

ACK!!!!  Can't find for my Dawn hat!!! x.x

I had to order a new one yesterday and have it shipped to my bf's place in San Jose. Hopefully, it will get there this week. Luckily, we're commuting from his house and to the convention.

PK

I'm still trying to pack everything and print out my boarding passes
I still need to figure out if I should just take a taxi to my hotel or what
x_x

It doesn't help that I have to work in about two hours and won't get any sleep for my flight tomorrow..

thats another thing i've never flown on a plane before so i'll be totally lost

XD

Charis

I've already dropped one of my cosplays due to lack of time *shakes fist at work*, but I'm still pushing up to the last minute.  I've got finishing work on my sister's white shinigami kosode, and the entirety of the black one, and about half the work left on the zanpakutou for my Unohana cosplay.

And work from 7:00 to 4:30 or later today and tomorrow, and we're leaving to drive up earlyish on Friday, so no time then.

Right, panic mode.  D: D: D:
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

slimchance

Last couple night I had to study for my final exams, so I didn't do a lot on the costumes.  I have to drop the headband for my new lolita dress, but I will get it on dealer hall.  I was lucky.  I Finished my lenalee cosplay.  My mom was screaming at me because I asked her to fix my cosplay last night.  I am leaving today afternoon to SF.  Yes, I printed out the boarding pass.  Hopefully everything be fine.  Nothing be throwing out of the plane due to security system like last year when all my hairspray and hair color got throw out because I came to the airport late, couldn't check in my luggage.

I am still at work.  I want to get out so bad.  Just want to get on the plane.  And everything be a-okay.

I haven't practiced my karaoke songs yet.... Shoootttt.....

My boyfriend is still working on his wig..... this is like cramping...

Dantom

Still trying to find some decent toy guns ack >.<

zoupzuop2

One done costume means no darn stress~

Maybe next year I'll do two cosplays. :\
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

FinalShadows

*Crunch crunch crunch* Oh sorry, that was my Crunch Bar. Yeah feeling the ultiamte stress looking for my boots D:
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

Mister_E

I feel ready all I need is to print out stuff and get food.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Yukari Kaiba

oh god i am feeling the crunch time >< luckily my two Bleach costumes have been done for some time now, its my last two i need to work on:
Matt (Death Note) - everything is done but the vest. needs the fur trim and sewed up.
Yun (Street Fighter) - this needs most work. gloves need tidying, top hasn't been made yet, still looking for a hat to modify.

oh yeah and i have to style a wig for Renji DX
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

K&K4ever

I was lucky to find a pair of overalls for the spare Kasumi outfit. :)

But it needed allot of doctoring :-X
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Nina Star 9

I decided to not do a new cosplay this year, so I'm stress-free.

Currently in the middle of packing and making sure that I don't forget anything.

Death_Note_Matt

Gosh I found some long gloves finally >.> *Has to pay Mello back for buying them for me* But most of my cosplays are finished <.< exsept for my Dark link, I need to finish my straps to hold my sword on my back Dx but other then that I am sure I am pretty much done O_O
*Has to help my friends with their cosplays* >.>
Another Player has Entered the Game

kuroi

I still have to do a final check for four of my five costumes and make sure that I've got all the pieces and that they're all in good shape, then pack them. The last one....*runs around like a headless chicken* I've still got spray-painting to do, padding to add, and leg warmer things to make. As well as run around trying to find a wig, because a week and a half after I order the wig, I get told they don't have it in stock. Yippee. And I have to find a wig for my sister as well, and will probably need to cut and style that. All before 4 PM tomorrow. /o/;;

So yeah, I'm feeling the stress ^^ I've already scrapped pants and went with ones I've already got (my rotary cutter broke, leaving me with some /very/ jagged edges in terms of my fabric pieces for the pants), and.....had totally forgotten about a pin and ring I need to make until just this minute. WHOOPS.
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

quantbits

I have to do research for my 26 photoshoots, look at my schedule, prepare my model releases, check my equipment, and double check that I packed all my costumes.
All tonight.

Doesn't help that I work 8AM to 7PM on a daily basis counting commute.

JiiiWiz

Indeed I am also feeling the crunchness of time >.<; My other akatsuki coat still needs to be done, hopefully by tomorrow. Then on my Akito cosplay which is almost done, easy to sew. It's actually driving me insane xD I also need more ribbons for my chii cosplay so I will get to that tomorrow. If I don't get at least one done, then I will have to probably bring my sewing utensils to my hotel room lol. STRESS ARGH! xP
"Please don't.."

Kyley

OMG totally!  I've been stressing all week about getting my Scythe ready for my Marluxia cosplay.  X(
It's almost finished...*dies*

Kouri Neko

Definitely feeling the stress.  Though my poor boyfriend is in worst condition.  4 all nighters in a row; working on costumes.  I'm just as bad as him.  I'm working on the same costume with no end.  I'm the one that will be sleeping more because I'm driving.  So at least I'll get a few hours of good sleep.  Unfortunately, I tend to miss out on the first day of the con due to lack of sleep.  I tell myself I'll break out of this habit.  Every year at Fanime it is the same. 
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

senritsu

AAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGH
I waited until last minute this year
i never wait until last minute
i cant find half of the junk that belongs to my costumes
oooh just found one
i'm gonna forget stuff i just know it
and now my cosplay closet is trying to kill me

see all of you this weekend :-*

This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: senritsu on May 22, 2008, 01:06:23 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGH
I waited until last minute this year
i never wait until last minute
i cant find half of the junk that belongs to my costumes
oooh just found one
i'm gonna forget stuff i just know it
and now my cosplay closet is trying to kill me

see all of you this weekend :-*
and this is why i wait at least 48-72 hours before the con to get my stuff ready; see ya tomorrow, mel.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.