Anyone from Cal High or UC Santa Cruz?

Started by ManWithDoor, May 21, 2008, 01:15:03 PM

ManWithDoor

Hiya!  Me and one of my friends noticed that there are quite a few little 'hey do I know anyone here' threads in the forums, and thought we'd post one of our own.  Anyways, did anyone who's coming attend California High School in San Ramon, attend UC Santa Cruz, or even UC Los Angeles?

My friend Tom Liu and myself (Joshua Percy) both attended Cal High from 1997-2001.  Heading off to college, he went to UCLA (2001-2006), and I to UCSC (2001-2003, 2005-2007).  Wondering if any old class mates are wondering around.  Tom and I'll be hanging with the Twilight Knights (swordfighting group) all weekend, so we'll be there from Friday to Monday.  Hope to see you around.  Drop a line here on this thread and let's see if we can get re-acquianted, shall we?  Heck, even if we didn't meet up at school, always good to be friendly to a pal from the old alma mater, eh?

edendreams

Haha Well you already know I went to school with the both of you ^-^ so you know i'll stop in to say hi. I'm so excited fanime is here!

I went to cal high (1997-2001)

a little art by me ^-^

Sucrose

Heck, I'm sitting here in my Porter apartment room even as we speak. \m/
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

keisukesan

i am from cal and graduated 1 year ago 2003-2007 and yea do u guys wanna go together to the fanime con?
Title: Aggression

Driven by hate, deceptively brutally raped
Keeping all bad memories inside
All that you told me... was it all a lie?
You made me think, you made me shout, all but one thing that I've kept in mind,
The more I feel, the more I hat

ManWithDoor

I'd be totally up for that.  You'll find Tom and I with the Twilight Knights teaching swordfighting most days (you have to sign up with the Con to get in the workshops), or see us at the panels.  Otherwise we have time off, and can chat.  Let's figure something out.

Oh, and I went to Merrill.  Freshman year in the dorms, Sophomore year in the Crown-Merrill Apartments.  Had some good friends over in Porter though.  I was a Neuroscience & Behavior major, so I didn't have any classes over at your 'hippy' college.  *grin*

Sucrose

Quote from: ManWithDoor on May 22, 2008, 09:02:11 AM
I'd be totally up for that.  You'll find Tom and I with the Twilight Knights teaching swordfighting most days (you have to sign up with the Con to get in the workshops), or see us at the panels.  Otherwise we have time off, and can chat.  Let's figure something out.

Oh, and I went to Merrill.  Freshman year in the dorms, Sophomore year in the Crown-Merrill Apartments.  Had some good friends over in Porter though.  I was a Neuroscience & Behavior major, so I didn't have any classes over at your 'hippy' college.  *grin*
Yeah, you say that as if it's a bad thing. *laugh* I'm not sure I've even been to Merrill, since I'm a Modern Lit major and mostly hide out at Porter and over at Stevenson. Be cool if I see y'all there!
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

matthewlow

Not quite Cal High, but I graduated in 2003 from San Ramon Valley High, and then went off to UCSC from 2003-2007. Graduated with a BA in Computer Science out of Oakes, and MA in Education for Single Subject Math.

I'll be in the Tabletop Gaming room most of the weekend playing Naruto and Bleach.

In time you'll venture nearly everywhere on campus, whether it is for a random GenEd or section in the middle nowhere (aka Merrill). Though I didn't do a lot in the BE Visual Arts area, mostly because of my major.

Heading down tomorrow, looking forward to it.

ManWithDoor

Woot.  Good to hear I wasn't the only geek on campus at UCSC.  Or the only anime fan.  Visual Arts ... yeah, I had to walk through those areas occasionally to get to classes.  I rarely waited for the busses if I didn't have too.  Better for the legs anyways.

So yeah, I'll definitely be spending a lot of time in the Tabletop Room when I can.  Have a D&D game lined up for Sunday night after the B&W Ball.  So I'll see you there.  Any identifying costume or something?  I'll be in black kung fu pants, black tee shirt, and a beret.  Also feel free to drop by the swordfighting panels and workshops (Twilight Knights) if you want to say hi.